Fan archtype "Hollownest"

Bey_Maker997

I have been working on these for most about 2 weeks and i finally finished them, they are made as an xyz evolution archtype similair to raidraptors. i hope you like it cause i really worked hard on making a good archtype plus insects are right next to reptile in an under used type in the card game so i wanted to show insects some love, hope you guys love them too

Hollownest knights honor.jpg

Hollownest true vessel spell.jpg

hollownest False ghost.jpg

Hollownest Hornet.jpg

Hollownest Grimmchild.jpg

Hollownest little ghost.jpg

Hollownest chosen.jpg

Rank-Up-Magic Hollownest purification.jpg

Hollownest Scarlet fire.jpg

Hollownest lost kin.jpg

Hollownest sealed vessel.jpg

Hollownest Grimm troupe.jpg

Hollownest Mantis lords.jpg

Hollownest Reborn Knight.jpg

Hollownest scarlet grimm.jpg

Hollownest Traitor lord.jpg

Hollownest Pure knight.jpg

Hollownest Nightmare king Grimm.jpg

Hollownest true knight.jpg

Hollownest Absolute Inferno King grimm.jpg

quite big set of cards so im gonna do review in parts, also to understand it better i have to review monster first

Little Ghost: really good monster. it search and provide strong buff

Gimmchild: this is really strong. it extend, recover RUM  and able to remove threat with non-destruction removal you might need to add HOPT to the effects. in fact the summon effect is actually has a bit miss wording. the thing with regular "once per turn" (which now refer as Soft-once per turn, SOPT) effect it only stop usage of the effect of the exact copy of the card used thus  doesn't really limit activation from a different copies unless the "once per turn" effect is modify to hard once per turn (HOPT) which use "you can only use this effect of -card name- once per turn". now in this card case since it activated from your hand which is place your opponent not allowed to peek most of the time, there this window that card with SOPT get its effect "reseted" since if this card bounced back to hand it treated as fresh-new-copies that you can use again.

to be fair, there's not yet interaction that allow such combo to happen, but as part of future-proof and standard you still need to make that small changes. again, this is a good card

Hornet: same changes needed as Gimmchild. but overall good effect

False Ghost: another good extender, it trade bonus effect for even more flexibility of able to target any insect

Lost Kin: it search both on summon or be used as material so its pretty amazing already, backrow banish its a bit excessive for it rank despite having quite fair drawback which also given that you want to rank-up this card as soon as possible for more bigger card

Sealed Knight: quite brutal monster that basically DMOC with piercing. and its actually fine....until the material usage effect. given how easy this card is summoned and there  number more xyz to go i dont think giving god immunity this early is good idea. its much better and appropriate to move this bonus on higher rank xyz  (maybe with rank one step bellow the final boss)

Troupe: im actually wanna to revisit the main deck a bit, it dawn at me that the main deck modulation effect is actually quite optimize to summon 3+ material rank 5 so this card (and the latter mantis) is actually surprisingly easy to summon. so you might need to be careful on that especially the  double non-target destruction this card has. it also have a same problem as sealed knight that the material effect its really strong (arguably one of the strongest removal method in the game) permanent atk gain + heal is a icing on already dangerously delicious card

mantis: outside the quite good rank-up setup effect and the material effect (which is really good if not pale in comparative with troupe material effect) this card is a bot dilemma...its has 3 attacks but the stat kinda low. i guess its fair given there should be better monster you should rank-up into. but overall im not really sure about it

Reborn Knight: sweet double search. and has multi-attack effect with decent stat to back it up

scarlet king: its fitting Troupe evolution but unlike troupe im actually think this card more appropriated cost wise then troupe.

Traitor: kinda weird but i guess it meant to simulate story branching by reset into lower rank which is pretty cool gimmick actually. decent stat, good attack effect

pure knight: dog-damn that triple search effect, even that a bit excessive for me. single search should be fine. negation effect require a bit explaianation is it negate everything anywhere or just field?

nightmare king: i can give pass if the removal type is still classic destruction but by being non-destruction this card power fluctuates higher than it should. also the banish effect can perform OTK with Pot of Desires mind you. the hand banish is...fine i guess. still genuinely strong effect

True Knight: at this point im realizing that the Light Xyz actually have capacity to turbo out this card like lightning fast, and banish 4+ card of your choice is nothing to be scoofs at. immunity effect require some effort but its still sweet icing

inferno king: on the opposite side the dark xyz lack of direct serach effect means it cannot be turbo into this optimally. but i guess thats the point since this card is absolutely  banana crazy bonkers which fortunately what boss should work

Knight's Honor: i dont really see the reason why it should require the target to have 2 xyz as material. its should be fine with 1

True Knight's Vessel: its quite interesting card especially for the LIGHT xyz since those are easier to turbo > having true knight clear board > and then use this to mob your opponent to death.

The Chosen: quite potent field spell, requires HOPT on first 2 effects but the rest is kinda fine

RUM Purification: i dont like the immunity effect it give to the summoned monster but the rest of the effect is fine

RUM scarlet: overall i like  the simplicity of this although note that the last effect kinda redundant since Quick-spell cannot be activated during the turn it was set so if you remove that last effect it become a much more sensible and solid card

Thank you for the tips! and i can see what you mean about the HOPT with grimmchild and hornet, Also the main reasoning behind the sealed vessels effect is to be a stepping stone to the monsters that dont get alot of protection being the rank 5 and 6 xyz monsters, It was also a slight mistake since originally the sealed nights material effect was swapped with the rank 8 but i made them at a late time so i was abit too tired to change it lol, the main theme is go between two separate paths between either the knight or grimm being more evident in the spells, i look forward to your feedback on the rest ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Archived