Lightning Adjacency Chain

Loleo

Yeah, we need a bit of a background on the -what I imagine is- invented term in order to give you the proper feedback. I believe it's pretty much what WanderingMist is saying, but without arrows, making the car far more dangerous if this is the case, as it can blast away background, Extra Monster Zone, etc. Considering there's stupid stuff out there like Lightning Storm, I guess this one is not as crazy, considering the sheer dependence of the opponent's field layout, but it's existence is scary indeed, you'd need to think thrice where you place your stuff.

Basically all cards that touch the edge of a target card and all cards that touch an edge of those cards etc. (not diagonally) and this can hit through to your field as well via the extra monster zone.

8 hours ago, TheWanderingMist said:

I assume adjacency Chain is meant to be a new/similar term for what "Voltester" did?

yes except not diagonally and it isn't dependent on link arrows.

i dont think you have to create new term for this. although it cant really adapt Voltester wording either, so:

Target 1 card on the field, destroy all cards that either in the same column as the target and placed in the same kind zones as that target (Extra Monster Zone, Main Monster zone, or Spell/Trap Zone)

its basically Spriggan Ship - Exblower made into normal spell and then cranked to 11. i have concern about its power level, its essentially raigeki/ HFD at minimum with bonus of popping anything in the same column

6 hours ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

i dont think you have to create new term for this. although it cant really adapt Voltester wording either, so:

Target 1 card on the field, destroy all cards that either in the same column as the target and placed in the same kind zones as that target (Extra Monster Zone, Main Monster zone, or Spell/Trap Zone)

its basically Spriggan Ship - Exblower made into normal spell and then cranked to 11. i have concern about its power level, its essentially raigeki/ HFD at minimum with bonus of popping anything in the same column

This doesn't quite go for what I'm going for and pictures would really help me explain. Your card would destroy one column and one type of zone on both players side. I want it to hit all cards with a connecting edge. So if your opponent had cards on opposite sides of the field and no cards in between (like left and right most main monster zones or even mid right and mid left) you can only target and destroy one. I want to show what would happen with some field examples. It won't hit everything in the same row every time and it can hit cards of different type not in the same row.

Ok let me get this straight, at max it will destroy 2 card of each crosspath of the target right? So the max number of card it could destroy is 2*4 (cross direction) + 1 (the target)= 9?

I think there a limit how far a wording and card trait can explain things. Voltester can get away with it since the link arrow provide visual cue while this doesnt

Also you still need to adresss the card power level, its free destruction for spell speed 4. Heck even if it only destroy 1 card i would add more cost to it

28 minutes ago, TheWanderingMist said:

Are you counting diagonal as adjacent or is it limited to horizontal/vertical?

14 minutes ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

Ok let me get this straight, at max it will destroy 2 card of each crosspath of the target right? So the max number of card it could destroy is 2*4 (cross direction) + 1 (the target)= 9?

I think there a limit how far a wording and card trait can explain things. Voltester can get away with it since the link arrow provide visual cue while this doesnt

Also you still need to adresss the card power level, its free destruction for spell speed 4. Heck even if it only destroy 1 card i would add more cost to it

For some reason I felt like making a quick diagram about how I think the card works. Here you go, guys:

Lightning.thumb.png.9a89aea77249c8961aa78dca4e41814e.png

I could be wrong, though, but as I understand it, every card that is adjacent left/right or up/down, and NO diagonal, to the target, and the cards that are sequentially adjacent to the previous, are affected and destroyed. Note that I'm not counting the Spell itself in the chain, but it might be required. I just thing that it cannot be destroyed, as it's being activated and used up, so the last card in the bottom right corner won't be affected.

Archived