Destiny Is On My Side

0PxPz0

a few months ago I took a look at a set of cards intended for the final boss of my first Yugioh RP (never made it that far) and did a major update, they're almost completely different cards now but I'm still happy with them. for those wondering about the name their original gimmick involved making use of Destiny Board and the Spirit Message cards.

originally the only support card, has basically always done the same thing.

image.png.baffa70284af6f31eb18eb22b97097f1.png

"When this card is Normal Summoned, Special Summon as many "Destined Sacrifice" as possible from your Hand, Deck, or GY then you can add one "Destined" monster from your Deck or GY to your Hand. This card cannot be tributed or used as Materials except for the Normal Summon of a "Destined" monster. If you control no monsters you can Normal Summon this card in addition to your Normal Summon/Set."

Update - name change/effect edit/image change

image.png.a6e50d6fe6b3a792e4e4f1c0167b54e2.png

"When a "Destined" Monster would be destoyed by battle or your opponents card effect you can Special Summon this card from your hand; negate that destruction and destroy that card. While you control this face-up card "Destined" monsters cannot be removed from the field."

"When a "Destined" Monster would be destroyed by battle or your opponents card effect you can Special Summon this card from your hand; negate that destruction and destroy one face-up card your opponent controls. While you control this face-up card "Destined" monsters cannot be removed from the field."

Update - name change/effect edit/image change

image.png.09201852e708fbc523c9cff6ee93b5d7.png

"While you control a "Destined" monster this card cannot be removed from the field. Once per turn you can reveal the top card of your Deck then, if it's a "Destiny" or "Destined" Monster, add it to your hand or send it to the GY, if not banish that card. When a "Destined" Monster leaves the field send one of your banished cards to the GY."

"While you control a "Destined" monster this card cannot be removed from the field. Once per turn you can reveal the top card of your Deck then, if it's a "Destinies" or "Destined" Monster, add it to your Hand or send it to the GY, if not banish that card. When a "Destined" Monster leaves the field send one of your banished cards to the GY."

Update - effect edit/image change

image.png.b87e35e38f5bfcc978200095f48ab47e.png

"This card can only be Normal Summoned by tributing three monsters, you can tribute one Level 7 Monster you control, Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Normal Summoned, if you have not declared an attack, destroy all other cards on the field, this card cannot declare an attack this turn. Once per turn you can discard one Level 7 monster, destroy one card on the field."

"This card can only be Normal Summoned by tributing three monsters, you can tribute one Level 7 Monster you control, Special Summon this card from your hand. During the Endphase of the turn this card was Normal Summoned, if you have not declared an attack, destroy all other cards on the field. Once per turn you can discard one Level 7 monster, destroy one card on the field."

image.png.ddccbe94fdef2bf8d0c1ec22aaff8e80.png

"This card can only be Normal Summoned by tributing three monsters, you can pay 2900 LP, Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Normal Summoned, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of Level 7 monsters in your GY x500. Once per turn you can send one Level 7 monster from your Deck to the GY, inflict damage to both players equal to that monsters ATK."

"This card can only be Normal Summoned by tributing three monsters, you can pay 2900 LP, Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Normal Summoned, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of Level 7 monsters in your GY x500. You can send one Level 7 monster from your Deck to the GY, inflict damage to both players equal to that monsters ATK. You can only activate each effect of "Azazel The Destined Flame" once per turn."

Update - image change

image.png.bebaf9046cb19a68b8a5202fb5c267e8.png

"This card can only be Normal Summoned by tributing three monsters, you can banish three Monster from your GY, Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Normal Summoned, send any number of Level 7 monsters with different names from your Hand or Deck to the GY. You can banish cards from the top of your GY until you banish a Level 7 Monster, Special Summon that monster. You can target one "Destined" monster in your GY, add it to your hand You can only activate one effect of "Azrael The Destined Scavenger" per turn and only once that turn."

image.png.f0fc40c94ea986f4a5f5f608322a75cb.png

"This card can be Normal Summoned without tribute. you can Special Summon this card (from the hand) by tributing three Level 7 "Destined" Monsters. When this card is summoned by it's own effect return all other cards on the field to their owners hand. This card cannot be removed from the field by your opponent unless you control a "Destined" monster with a different name. This card can be treated as three tributes for the Normal Summon of a "Destined" monster except "Wurmwood The Destined Beginning."

"This card can be Normal Summoned without tribute. you can Special Summon this card (from the hand) by tributing three Level 7 "Destined" Monsters. When this card is summoned by it's own effect return all other cards on the field to their owners hand. This card cannot be destroyed by battle or your opponent's card effects unless you control a "Destined" monster with a different name. This card can be treated as three tributes for the Normal Summon of a "Destined" monster except "Wurmwood The Destined Beginning"."

6 minutes ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

I'll go over this in more detail later but my first thought when seeing this archetype is these work on Destiney HEROs

thnx for catching that, it doesn't seem like a big deal since Deciphered is the only one that has any meaningful interaction but i'd still like to find a way to remove that if possible

An interaction between D HEROs could be cool but I get wanting to remove it. You can change the names of the cards slightly such as DesTiny or DEStiny (the second  may be treated as DES monster so not that).

On 6/9/2021 at 8:00 PM, 0PxPz0 said:

a few months ago I took a look at a set of cards intended for the final boss of my first Yugioh RP (never made it that far) and did a major update, they're almost completely different cards now but I'm still happy with them. for those wondering about the name their original gimmick involved making use of Destiny Board and the Spirit Message cards.

originally the only support card, has basically always done the same thing.

"When this card is Normal Summoned, Special Summon as many "Destined Sacrifice" as possible from your Hand, Deck, or GY then you can add one "Destined" monster from your Deck or GY to your Hand. This card cannot be tributed or used as Materials except for the Normal Summon of a "Destined" monster. If you control no monsters you can Normal Summon this card in addition to your Normal Summon/Set."

I think there's something wrong with the way I worded this one but I'm not sure.

"When a "Destined" Monster would be destroyed by battle or your opponents card effect you can Special Summon this card from your hand; negate that destruction and destroy that card. While you control this face-up card "Destined" monsters cannot be removed from the field."

The always needed searcher.

"While you control a "Destined" monster this card cannot be removed from the field. Once per turn you can reveal the top card of your Deck then, if it's a "Destiny" or "Destined" Monster, add it to your hand or send it to the GY, if not banish that card. When a "Destined" Monster leaves the field send one of your banished cards to the GY."

The first one I made and, in the RP they were for, the person using these cards.

"This card can only be Normal Summoned by tributing three monsters, you can tribute one Level 7 Monster you control, Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Normal Summoned, if you have not declared an attack, destroy all other cards on the field, this card cannot declare an attack this turn. Once per turn you can discard one Level 7 monster, destroy one card on the field."

A much later addition.

"This card can only be Normal Summoned by tributing three monsters, you can pay 2900 LP, Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Normal Summoned, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of Level 7 monsters in your GY x500. Once per turn you can send one Level 7 monster from your Deck to the GY, inflict damage to both players equal to that monsters ATK."

not sure how I feel about his NS effect

"This card can only be Normal Summoned by tributing three monsters, you can banish three Monster from your GY, Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Normal Summoned, send any number of Level 7 monsters with different names from your Hand or Deck to the GY. You can banish cards from the top of your GY until you banish a Level 7 Monster, Special Summon that monster. You can target one "Destined" monster in your GY, add it to your hand You can only activate one effect of "Azrael The Destined Scavenger" per turn and only once that turn."

This one i'm a bit iffy about, suggestions are especially appreciated.

"This card can be Normal Summoned without tribute. you can Special Summon this card (from the hand) by tributing three Level 7 "Destined" Monsters. When this card is summoned by it's own effect return all other cards on the field to their owners hand. This card cannot be removed from the field by your opponent unless you control a "Destined" monster with a different name. This card can be treated as three tributes for the Normal Summon of a "Destined" monster except "Wurmwood The Destined Beginning."

1. Sacrifice- Borderline broken being a plus 2 in advantage just for summoning, but I think you did a good job with the restrictions making it just strong enough

2. Defied- Monster would be destroyed (corrected from destoyed) by battle and Whiel (while) on the card is wrong. The effect you made makes sense in theory but right now means you negate the destruction of your monster and then destroy your own monster. This would increase the power but I would say "negate the destruction and destroy 1 faceup card your opponent controls" just to get around the difficulty. I would also make the first effect also work on the destruction of your destiny monsters.

3. Deciphered- Is amazing as a searcher, has great protection, and may even be played in other decks just to banish the top card of your own deck every turn.

4. Abaddon- The written effect is better worded. I wish it was something like "This card can be special summoned by tributing one level 7 monster you control. During the end phase of the turn this card was summoned if you did not declare an attack you can destroy all other cards on the field"

5. Azzazel- Potential FTK material. Just want each effect to be a hard OPT even if that doesn't hinder much. tributing three monsters, you (, should be . )

6. Azrael- Great.

7. Wurmwood- Get rid of the can't be removed clause because this would be an OP stall card against anything that doesn't deal piercing. You can make the effect trigger if summoned by the effect of a destined card.

This may still not be balanced but this is my attempt. Thoughts? 

3 hours ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

An interaction between D HEROs could be cool but I get wanting to remove it. You can change the names of the cards slightly such as DesTiny or DEStiny (the second  may be treated as DES monster so not that).

1. Sacrifice- Borderline broken being a plus 2 in advantage just for summoning, but I think you did a good job with the restrictions making it just strong enough

2. Defied- Monster would be destroyed (corrected from destoyed) by battle and Whiel (while) on the card is wrong. The effect you made makes sense in theory but right now means you negate the destruction of your monster and then destroy your own monster. This would increase the power but I would say "negate the destruction and destroy 1 faceup card your opponent controls" just to get around the difficulty. I would also make the first effect also work on the destruction of your destiny monsters.

3. Deciphered- Is amazing as a searcher, has great protection, and may even be played in other decks just to banish the top card of your own deck every turn.

4. Abaddon- The written effect is better worded. I wish it was something like "This card can be special summoned by tributing one level 7 monster you control. During the end phase of the turn this card was summoned if you did not declare an attack you can destroy all other cards on the field"

5. Azzazel- Potential FTK material. Just want each effect to be a hard OPT even if that doesn't hinder much. tributing three monsters, you (, should be . )

6. Azrael- Great.

7. Wurmwood- Get rid of the can't be removed clause because this would be an OP stall card against anything that doesn't deal piercing. You can make the effect trigger if summoned by the effect of a destined card.

This may still not be balanced but this is my attempt. Thoughts? 

super helpful! like I said these were originally designed specifically for a final boss in an RP so i figured they would be unbalanced, I'm surprised that with only the small changes I made (removing the Destiny board tie in mostly) they weren't a lot more unreasonable.

for the D HERO bit I was thinking a name change too, planned on going with "Destinies" but did consider a capitalization change.

Defied - I notice you seem to have went with what's printed on the cards rathe rather than the corrected written effect (not that it's much different in this case), still your changes are greatly appreciated, although I don't see the point of including itself and/or Deciphered in it's protection since Deciphered has it's own and Defied doesn't have much use on the field. realized I misread that part but my opinion still stands.

Deciphered - glad to here it's versatile, I don't tend to think of uses for cards outside the archetype I make them for

Abaddon -honestly I was to focused on fixing the individual parts of the NS effect to think of combining it into a catch all no attack policy, and i do like it being at the endphase instead

Azzazel - in my mind it was a hard OTP, I always mess up with remembering to actually write it that way

Wurmwood - definitely the hardest one to convert, if you think keeping the removal effect is fair under very specific conditions I'll try to work with it but it was really only kept in there as part of the original

Archived