Lets make use of PoD to another level (Purgation archetype)/Banish support

Kanashimi

With the release of the new packs on the neighbouring card game, lets use the art and-

Okay kinda a bit tired and stressed for final project, and decided maybe, just maybe making a cards, and here you go~

xiJtR9s.png

Morana, Knight of Purgation

LIGHT/Level 2

Warrior/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If a card is banished face-down, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand.) Gains ATK equal to the number of cards that are banished face-down x 200. If this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Purgation" Spell from your Deck to your hand, then, if at least 20 cards are banished face-down, you can add 1 more "Purgation" Spell with a different names from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Morana, Knight of Purgation" once per turn.

?/200

mb33Yze.png

Purgation's Soul Slash

Spell/Normal

Banish the top 3 cards of your Deck face-down; inflict 800 damage to your opponent's LP. If at least 10 cards are banished face-down; inflict damage to your opponent's LP equal to the number of the banished face-down cards x 200 instead, then, if at least 20 cards are banished face-down, draw 1 card. You can only activate 1 "Purgation's Soul Slash" per turn.

nWB7h7q.png

Purgation's Mortal Strike

Spell/Normal

Banish the top 3 cards of your Deck face-down, then target 1 card on the field; destroy it. If at least 10 cards are banished face-down; Destroy 2 cards on the field instead, then, if at least 20 cards are banished face-down, banish them instead. You can only activate 1 "Purgation's Mortal Strike" per turn.

w0mPE3B.png

Cataclysmic Purgation

Spell/Continuous

If this card is activated: You can banish 1 card from your hand face-down, and if you do, add 1 Level 3 or lower Fiend or Warrior monster with ? ATK from your Deck to your hand. During the Main Phase: You can target 1 Level 3 or lower Fiend or Warrior monster with ? ATK in your GY; add it to your hand, and if you do, banish the top cards of your Deck face-down equal to the Level of the added monsters'. You can only use each effect of "Cataclysmic Purgation" once per turn.

Vxsx1Dp.png

Dual Purgation's Blade

Spell/Quick-Play

Reveal 1 "Purgation's Mortal Strike" or 1 "Purgation's Soul Slash" from your Deck or GY; banish the top 2 cards of your Deck face-down, and if you do, banish the revealed card face-down, then, this card's effect becomes that card's effect. You cannot Special Summon a monster during your next turn after this effect is activated, except a monster with ? ATK. If a card is banished face-down: You can banish 1 card you control or in your hand face-down; Set this card to your field, but banish it face-down when it leaves the field. You can only use 1 effect of "Dual Purgation's Blade" once per turn.

m8dcwCI.png

Morana, Purgation Harbinger

LIGHT/Level 6

Fiend/Fusion/Effect

"Morana, Knight of Purgation" + 1 or more Fiend monster with ? ATK
If 20 or more of your cards are banished face-down, you can Special Summon this card (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above materials you control face-down. Gains the effects of all the Fiend monsters that was used as a Fusion Material or banished to Special Summon this card. Can attack your opponent directly. If a card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can shuffle 5 of your banished face-down cards to the Deck, and if you do, this card is unaffected by other card effects during this chain.

?/2000

vMKVePR.png

Than, Vanguard of Purgation

LIGHT/Level 1

Beast-Warrior/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If a card is banished face-down, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand.) Also treated as Fiend monster while on the field or GY. Gains ATK equal to the number of cards that are banished face-down x 100. If this card is Special Summoned: You can reveal your banished face-down cards; add 1 Level 3 or lower Fiend or Warrior monster with ? ATK among them to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Than, Vanguard of Purgation" once per turn.

?/100

DzLzClA.png

Purgation's Void Hack

Spell/Quick-Play

Can only be activated during your turn, unless 20 or more cards are banished face-down. Banish the top 3 cards of your Deck face-down, then, target 1 face-up card on the field; negate its effect. If at least 10 cards are banished face-down, cards with that name cannot be Summoned or activate its effect this turn, then, if at least 20 cards are banished face-down, monsters with that type and attribute, also cards with that name cannot be Summoned or activate its effect until the end of your opponent's turn. You can only activate 1 "Purgation's Void Hack" per turn.

1nLtOR2.png

Purgation of the World

Spell/Field

If your opponent activate a card or effect while you control a Fiend or Warrior monster whose original (printed) ATK is ?: Your opponent can negate this effect by banishing 1 random card from their hand, otherwise negate that effect, then, if your opponent banish a card this way, they draw 1 card. If this card is sent to the GY or banished: You can Special Summon 1 "Morana, Knight of Purgation" or 1 "Than, Vanguard of Purgation" from your Deck or that is banished face-down. You can only use this effect of "Purgation of the World" once per turn.

gWnSW3e.png

Than, Purgation Precursor

LIGHT/Level 6

Fiend/Fusion/Effect

"Than, Vanguard of Purgation" + 1 or more Warrior or Fiend monster with ? ATK
If 10 or more of your cards are banished face-down, you can Special Summon this card (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above materials you control face-down. Gains ATK equal to the number of banished face-down cards x 200. Your opponent cannot add cards from their Deck to their hand, except by drawing them during the Draw Phase. Once per turn: You can target 1 card you control or reveal 1 card from your hand, and 1 card your opponent controls; banish them face-down.

?/1000

1Qxcblv.png

A New Cleansed World

Spell/Normal

(This card is always treated as "Purgation" card.)
Banish the top 3 cards of your Deck or 3 monsters from your Extra Deck face-down (you choose), and if you do, your opponent also banish the same number of cards from their top of the Deck or their Extra Deck as you do. During the End Phase after you activate this card, if at least 10 cards are banished face-down, draw 1 card, then, if at least 40 cards are banished face-down, you win the Duel. You can only activate 1 "A New Cleansed World" per turn.

This seems like a complete archetype despite the few cards even though it works as support for what already exist

I love this I would love some more cards that banish face down your opponent's cards like:

level 1 light Fiend

?/1000

Cannot be normal summoned or set. Can only be special summoned from your hand if a card was banished face down. If this card is special summoned you can reveal your face down banished cards and add a revealed level 3 or lower fiend or warrior to your hand. Gains 100 ATK for each banished card. Whenever you banish cards from your deck banish 1 card from your opponent's deck.

If a card is banished face-down: You can banish 1 card you control or in your hand face-down; add this card to your hand, but banish it face-down when it leaves the field. You can only use 1 effect of "Dual Purgation's Blade" once per turn.

I don't know if the "but banish it face-down when it leaves the field" effect works after adding it to your hand is it isn't in a public knowledge space anymore. Maybe "banish the next activated "Duel Purgation's Blade" you activate face down when it leaves the field" is more acceptable?

alternate fusion idea

LIGHT/Level 3

Fiend/Fusion/Effect

1 or more warrior monster with ? ATK + 1 or more Fiend monster with ? ATK
If 20 or more of your cards are banished face-down, you can Fusion Summon this card by banishing the above materials you control face-down. (You do not use Polymerization.) Gains the effects of all monsters that were used as a Fusion Material. Can attack your opponent directly. This card cannot attack the turn it was summoned. If a card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can shuffle 5 of your banished face-down cards to the Deck, and if you do, this card is unaffected by other card effects during this chain.

?/2000

Morana: pretty much says in the tin, amazing synergy with Desire. special summon itself with atleast 2000 attack to start and potential search of up to 2 cards. its just amazing

Slash: its has decent damage to start and just in your opponent face 2000+ damage or 4000 + draw. crazy, i love it.

Strike: really nice target removal that just get better

Cataclysmic: nice search and recursion that also keep fueling the gimmick. its kinda interesting that its pretty generic as well. allowing myriad potential targets as the irl card pool grow

Dual: extend your 2 of your best spell while self-recur. pure good stuff

Harbinger: i think you need to specify from where this card can banish its material. but other than that its just pure value. it gain a tonne of effects and since usually monster with ? have their own attack boost effect, it means this gal can stack huge attack multiplier to crazy heights  for the direct attack. the "negation" effect is really good and unique since you just let effect fizzle out instead direct canceling

On 6/30/2021 at 4:30 PM, ITSUKOSOADO said:

1) I love this I would love some more cards that banish face down your opponent's cards like:

level 1 light Fiend

?/1000

Cannot be normal summoned or set. Can only be special summoned from your hand if a card was banished face down. If this card is special summoned you can reveal your face down banished cards and add a revealed level 3 or lower fiend or warrior to your hand. Gains 100 ATK for each banished card. Whenever you banish cards from your deck banish 1 card from your opponent's deck.

2) If a card is banished face-down: You can banish 1 card you control or in your hand face-down; add this card to your hand, but banish it face-down when it leaves the field. You can only use 1 effect of "Dual Purgation's Blade" once per turn.

I don't know if the "but banish it face-down when it leaves the field" effect works after adding it to your hand is it isn't in a public knowledge space anymore. Maybe "banish the next activated "Duel Purgation's Blade" you activate face down when it leaves the field" is more acceptable?

3) alternate fusion idea

LIGHT/Level 3

Fiend/Fusion/Effect

If 20 or more of your cards are banished face-down, you can Fusion Summon this card by banishing the above materials you control face-down. (You do not use Polymerization.) Gains the effects of all monsters that were used as a Fusion Material. Can attack your opponent directly. This card cannot attack the turn it was summoned. If a card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can shuffle 5 of your banished face-down cards to the Deck, and if you do, this card is unaffected by other card effects during this chain.

?/2000

1) That's a good idea (see "Than, Vanguard of Purgation" on updated* new cards, but i alter the effect and type slightly, so that it won't be consistent too much as a soft nerf)

2) Thanks for pointing out and fixed!

3) Hmm, yes i know the boss is sure strong, can OTK, even has protection on its own, but its still not easy to get 20+ cards banished face-down (imo), while the protection weaken her a lot, lets see . . . i can change my mind, tho lets hear other opinions as well

11 hours ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

Harbinger: i think you need to specify from where this card can banish its material. but other than that its just pure value. it gain a tonne of effects and since usually monster with ? have their own attack boost effect, it means this gal can stack huge attack multiplier to crazy heights  for the direct attack. the "negation" effect is really good and unique since you just let effect fizzle out instead direct canceling

It specify "you control" on the Summoning condition, so it means have to be on the field, unless i miss something?

Anyway thanks for the reply to both of you!

Updated*

> Fixed some grammar error on "Morana, Knight of Purgation".

> Fixed the GY effect where it adds to the hand and no way of knowing whether it is the same card or different one (due to not public knowledge anymore), its now Set to field instead.

> The Fusion change the Summoning condition, instead of Fusion Summon, now a normal Special Summon from the Extra Deck. (Technically not a Fusion Summon, to make Eater of Millions as an additional Fusion Material target)

> Added the new cards "Than, Vanguard of Purgation", "Purgation's Void Hack", "Purgation of the World", "Than, Purgation Precursor", and "A New Cleansed World".

7 hours ago, Erika Mishima said:

1) That's a good idea (see "Than, Vanguard of Purgation" on updated* new cards, but i alter the effect and type slightly, so that it won't be consistent too much as a soft nerf)

2) Thanks for pointing out and fixed!

3) Hmm, yes i know the boss is sure strong, can OTK, even has protection on its own, but its still not easy to get 20+ cards banished face-down (imo), while the protection weaken her a lot, lets see . . . i can change my mind, tho lets hear other opinions as well

It specify "you control" on the Summoning condition, so it means have to be on the field, unless i miss something?

The addition of the new cards really ties this all together! I really love it all, perfectly balanced!

Your summoning for the fusion is fine and I guess I didn't really make my alternate version of the fusion clear because it isn't a nerf but would still consider a nerf because this deck can consistently banish 15 cards turn 1:

LIGHT/Level 3 (lowered level works with your spells)

Fiend/Fusion/Effect

If 20 or more of your cards are banished face-down, you can Fusion Summon this card by banishing the above materials you control face-down. (You do not use Polymerization.) Gains the effects of all monsters[all monsters is a crucial change] that were used as a Fusion Material. Can attack your opponent directly. This card cannot attack the turn it was summoned[added to not make my changes absolutely ridiculous]. If a card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can shuffle 4 [I just changed this to 4 because of one more addition] of your banished face-down cards to the Deck, and if you do, this card is unaffected by other card effects during this chain. If you control no banished cards banish this card. [last addition]

?/1000 [lower defense fits level better]

13 hours ago, Erika Mishima said:

Daily reminder for me to check the card twice when sleep depraved before commenting

Yep much more balance 

Archived