Deal with the Dark Lord

On 7/9/2021 at 11:39 AM, blackdragon master said:

Made this card a few years ago. Made a lot of tweaks.

Lol, you always say this, man xD.

Anywho, I'll say that it's a little inconvenient to require this card to be set and prepared for the exact moment in which your Lv5+ mob is destroyed by battle to be able to activate it. As I usually do, I'll help with the grammar, but if you don't mind, I'll adjust a tiny bit the effect so it becomes more flexible and viable to use n.n

Activate this card by paying 1000 LP and targeting 1 Level/Rank 5 or higher monster in your GY that was destroyed by battle; Special Summon that target and equip it with this card. It gains 1000 ATK while equipped with this card. During your next 3rd End Phase: Banish the equipped monster and destroy this card, then you take damage equal to the ATK of that monster's original ATK.

The card has it's pros and cons. The banishment and direct damage you take is brutal, perhaps an excessive of a cost, but the deal is, this card is not linked to the monster's life, like Call of the Haunter, which causes the monster to explode if it leaves the field. If you can return this card to your hand, at least with the wording as it is, the monster can stay on the field and both the banishment and direct damage is avoided. This is the reason for which the card is... kinda balanced, but you really need tools to return it to the hand, otherwise, it's probably not worth running it.

Interesting stuff.

On 7/10/2021 at 5:46 PM, blackdragon master said:

Thank you for the review! Yeah, I was considering including Xyz Monsters to be included, but I wasn't sure. I don't think there are Spell or Trap cards that affects both monster with Levels and Ranks in their text. At least none that I'm aware of.

You're welcome. Sy about the late reply. I saw your post a couple of days ago, but at that point I didn't remember a card that mentioned Level/Rank in a similar fashion to what interests us. I consulted a friend that's more knowledgeable than me and she directed me to Virtual World archetype. Here's an example:

Virtual World Hime - Nyannyan

As you can see, it mentions Level/Rank, tho in that particular case it restricts Special Summons instead of allowing them like this card.

Archived