Magical Mirror

Horu

Magical Mirror

Trap Card

If your LP would be reduced to 0 as the result of an attack declared by your opponent: Destroy the attacking monster and inflict damage to your opponent equal to its original ATK.

So this is Magic Cylinder mixed with Sakuretsu Armor.

On 7/20/2021 at 11:46 AM, Horu said:

So this is Magic Cylinder mixed with Sakuretsu Armor.

Yep, pretty much this 👆. Though in both cards you target the attacking monster, so I'd say it's good measure to do the same here.

When an opponent's monster declares an attack, and the battle damage from that attack would reduce your LP to 0: Target the attacking monster; destroy that target and inflict damage to your opponent equal to that target's original ATK

Here's a suggestion: Separate the effects. With this I mean, the current effect is using the "and" conjunction, and this forces you to apply both effects, or none. If you used a conjunction such as "also", you needn't either effect for the other to go off. So, for instance, if your opponent chains something to this card and provides the attacking monster with destruction immunity, yep, it won't be blown to pieces, but the direct damage will go through. This card needs this, because it's relatively hard to use and not exactly thaaaat game changing unless your opponent is at killing range from the dd (something that you could achieve with simple cylinders in a much easier way. Honestly, I'd make this card a combination of the Cylinders and Dimensional Prison.

15 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Yep, pretty much this 👆. Though in both cards you target the attacking monster, so I'd say it's good measure to do the same here.

Here's a suggestion: Separate the effects. With this I mean, the current effect is using the "and" conjunction, and this forces you to apply both effects, or none. If you used a conjunction such as "also", you needn't either effect for the other to go off. So, for instance, if your opponent chains something to this card and provides the attacking monster with destruction immunity, yep, it won't be blown to pieces, but the direct damage will go through. This card needs this, because it's relatively hard to use and not exactly thaaaat game changing unless your opponent is at killing range from the dd (something that you could achieve with simple cylinders in a much easier way. Honestly, I'd make this card a combination of the Cylinders and Dimensional Prison.

Interesting. I'll look into that. Though I do agree with the text fix and will apply it to the official card when I make it.

Archived