yeah!

they all needed to be credited

there all are a form of art

in which in this case (even non art)

need to be credited

people took there time to make them

therefore they have to cedited

how would you feel if you spent 5 hours making one! brush

and then i come and use it, and say, yeah i amde that last night, no big deal?

mmmm?

exactly >_>

follow the rules...

Nobody is claiming they made them' date=' people make them for others to use, nobody asks for people to credit them. Otherwise you may as well go onto EVERY GFX site and tell them to credit them too.

[/quote']

lol actually they do

wanna know how i know?

if you look at any thing, cerated by someone

there will always be either a name, a water mark or something along those lines somewhere in the pic

and anyway

its not just the fact that its a rule

its common courtesy

people should learn that

your using someones work

atleast give them, the courtesy, by saying who made it >_>

and Dj

brushes are used on GIMP and Photoshop, to make certain designs

(i didnt know if you knew that are not Dj, so dont yell at me >.<)

Then I think you need to go to every site that does GFX Requests and say that to them. I can garentee you right now if I even tried to do it that people would not only not follow it but be hating on me even more for it.

ok well i think you need to get one thing straight, and through to you

we are a seperate are we not?

we are a yugoh site are we not?

we are not a GFX request site

correct?

we have our own rules

correct?

therefore as a mod

you must know that we must follow these rules

correct?

so dont compare us to a different, sense we are not that site

are in now affiliated, or in no way, even, close to them

should i repeat again, that you must credit the artist, no matter what it is?

and Dj

lol oh ok, well i didnt want to come across, as rude or anything like that ^_^

Well until I am told by someone who deals with making such things that it needs to be credited I don't see why I should need to enforce such a rule' date=' and unless you can convince everyone who does GFX on this site to follow it there wouldn't be any point in enforcing it.

[/quote']

ok

you gave me a challenge

and i shall pursue this challenge

and you should really learn common courtesy >_>

I have it, however I think I understand it a bit better than you with regards to GFX since I've got my good share of experience in the subject area and I think I know what needs to be credited and such, if I was claiming that I made them then that is an entirely different subject, for example if I posted some Brushes, Fonts, Renders and so forth here for people to use, then yes I would need to credit them, but sheesh...I have even talked to Dj and he doesn't seem to think the same as you.

I have it' date=' however I think I understand it a bit better than you with regards to GFX since I've got my good share of experience in the subject area and I think I know what needs to be credited and such, if I was claiming that I made them then that is an entirely different subject, for example if I posted some Brushes, Fonts, Renders and so forth here for people to use, then yes I would need to credit them, but sheesh...I have even talked to Dj and he doesn't seem to think the same as you.

[/quote']

i never said that you claimed they were yours

i also never said that you should lock wolfs thread >_>

and since you say you have experineces in the GFX field

then you know how hard it is to make a brush? ( a good brush >_>)

and i understand that Dj might not think the same as me

this is me talking

as an artist

and i only responded to this thread, because it asked my opinion, as a member

and i gave it to you

>_>

First of all it was not me who locked it, it was Star I simply announced it so everyone knew. Secondly the thread was more posted because of what you said to Star, even though he put it forth that it was both you and Dj. And yes I kinda do even though I have never made one myself, however if it puts you at ease I will even ask someone from Planet Renders if credit is needed.

First of all it was not me who locked it' date=' it was Star I simply announced it so everyone knew. Secondly the thread was more posted because of what you said to Star, even though he put it forth that it was both you and Dj. And yes I kinda do even though I have never made one myself, however if it puts you at ease I will even ask someone from Planet Renders if credit is needed.

[/quote']

ok let me get this straight, and then we can stop this arguing

in the CC rules

does it not say, that you must credit the artist?

it does not say, you must credit the artist from a particular site

it says you must credit the artist >_>

that is why i am so worked up

nothing else >_>

In My opinion, just in my opinion:

I think it would be a hassle for some members like me. For Example I have had GIMP for like 4 months now, and I cant even remember where I found some of my brushes, nonetheless the artists.So I would have to search for where I found all the Brushes, Fonts, etc. and find out the artists, that I would Hate.

I mean Renders might be alright, but I dont think we should Have to credit The artists of Brushes and Fonts

Maybe just say "I do not take credit for the Brushes, Font(s), and renders I used to make this" or something along those lines :/

In My opinion' date=' just in my opinion:

I think it would be a hassle for some members like me. For Example I have had GIMP for like 4 months now, and I cant even remember where I found some of my brushes, nonetheless the artists.So I would have to search for where I found all the Brushes, Fonts, etc. and that I would Hate.

I mean Renders might be alright, but I dont think we should [u']Have[/u] to credit The artists of Brushes and Fonts

i understand, what your saying,

though i am saying we MUST get rules on crediting brush and fonts

but if we did, the rule change, with the images, would apply with Brushes and Fonts

old, material wouldnt have to fall under the rule change

but yes, i do think renders should be credited >_>

I edited my post and added this:

Maybe just say "I do not take credit for the Brushes' date=' Font(s), and renders I used to make this" or something along those lines :/

[/quote']

Because Some People Just say something like that when crediting artists for the pics of thier cards :/

I edited my post and added this:

Maybe just say "I do not take credit for the Brushes' date=' Font(s), and renders I used to make this" or something along those lines :/

[/quote']

Because Some People Just say something like that when crediting artists for the pics of thier cards :/

I understand this

and thats how some people get around the rules >_> =/

First of all it was not me who locked it' date=' it was Star I simply announced it so everyone knew. Secondly the thread was more posted because of what you said to Star, even though he put it forth that it was both you and Dj. And yes I kinda do even though I have never made one myself, however if it puts you at ease I will even ask someone from Planet Renders if credit is needed.

[/quote']

in the CC rules

nothing else >_>

And this is was I am refering to, but since the majority of renders used are from that one site I am simply asking them anyway. Another issue is you say about crediting the renderer when my friend who is known for her Yu-Gi-Oh renders has never (from what I know) asked for credit to be given. I understand where you are coming from but if people are not asking for credit when they have been asked if it should be given, then your point becomes invalid.

[/quote']

in the CC rules

nothing else >_>

And this is was I am refering to, but since the majority of renders used are from that one site I am simply asking them anyway. Another issue is you say about crediting the renderer when my friend who is known for her Yu-Gi-Oh renders has never (from what I know) asked for credit to be given. I understand where you are coming from but if people are not asking for credit when they have been asked if it should be given, then your point becomes invalid.

ok ask them

and it is a prefernce for the artist, some artist want to be credited, some dont care

but my whole stemming of this arguement came from CC

therefore, untill the rules are changed (even slightly) there, my point does not become invalid

because in CC it says no matter, you must credit the artist, and it is not limited to one site >_>

What you don't seem to understand is that rule was to be mainly enforced on CC alone, nowhere did any Moderator be that Dj, God Kaze, or Frunk even tell me to enforce it therefore unless told otherwise by a higher up, from my own choice, or from some big community like DA, I shouldn't really need to enforce it, and right now I don't see a concern to enforce it...again I know why you are saying for it to be enforced.

And that stands to reason that my point won't become invalid because I am also correct.

What you don't seem to understand is that rule was to be mainly enforced on CC alone' date=' nowhere did any Moderator be that Dj, God Kaze, or Frunk even tell me to enforce it therefore unless told otherwise by a higher up, from my own choice, or from some big community like DA, I shouldn't really need to enforce it, and right now I don't see a concern to enforce it...again I know why you are saying for it to be enforced.

And that stands to reason that my point won't become invalid because I am also correct.

[/quote']

lol ok

but did i ever once say, you must enforce it in Showcase? or you jurisdiction?

i believe not >_>

Actually you kinda did all over this thread...anyway here is my PMage with a Moderator at Planet Renders that concerns not just that site but others.

Hi there,

I apologize for randomly PMing you out of nowhere after just registering for the forums although I am a member of Planet Renders itself. But to get to the point of this message I wish to know if it is required for renders made by members of this site or who post renders on this site need to be credited as there is an issue on the site I am a Moderator on and someone has proposed that a image crediting rule for images used on the site's Card Maker should be enforced on Renders, Fonts, and Brushes and I simply wanted to find out from someone from here.

With regards,

Haruno Sakura - GFX Moderator of Yugioh Card Maker Forums

Well ususally renders don't need credit. If you are spreading the render however, then yes, credit is nice. But if you just use it without claiming you made the render yourself, no credit is needed.

It's different with artwork though. Artwork has a copyright on it, and you might not be allowed to use it in your own work. But renders, fonts and brushes generally are allowed in non-commercial work unless a description at the original downloading place states differently.

Hope that helps :)

Skunk

Actually you kinda did all over this thread...anyway here is my PMage with a Moderator at Planet Renders that concerns not just that site but others.

Hi there' date='

I apologize for randomly PMing you out of nowhere after just registering for the forums although I am a member of Planet Renders itself. But to get to the point of this message I wish to know if it is required for renders made by members of this site or who post renders on this site need to be credited as there is an issue on the site I am a Moderator on and someone has proposed that a image crediting rule for images used on the site's Card Maker should be enforced on Renders, Fonts, and Brushes and I simply wanted to find out from someone from here.

With regards,

Haruno Sakura - GFX Moderator of Yugioh Card Maker Forums[/quote']

Well ususally renders don't need credit. If you are spreading the render however, then yes, credit is nice. But if you just use it without claiming you made the render yourself, no credit is needed.

It's different with artwork though. Artwork has a copyright on it, and you might not be allowed to use it in your own work. But renders, fonts and brushes generally are allowed in non-commercial work unless a description at the original downloading place states differently.

Hope that helps :)

Skunk

hmmh

Archived