Elemental HERO Ra Neos

magnus calrsen

Dear people,

the last time i have postes on this site is maybe 5-6 years ago. I am happy beeing on this site again and sharing my work with you! Please help me with the card lore, because im not up to date.
Do you also have any suggestions where i can look up the card grammer, because i did not find any good sites yet. The rulebook itself does not provide detailed information. Thanks!

(I have created this artwork with Clip Studio Paint EX.)
(Edited the card 4 times)

Card Lore:

"Elemental HERO Neos" + "Winged Dragon of Ra"
You can also use cards from your hand as material to Link Summon this card, but if you do, this card cannot attack during the turn it is Link Summoned. Banish any opponent's monster this card points to. Monsters co-linked to this card cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can make the ATK of 1 face-up monster you control become 0, then target 1 card on the field; banish that target. If this card leaves the field: Special Summon 1 "Elemental HERO Neos" from your hand, Deck or GY. You can only control 1 "Elemental HERO Ra Neos".

Elemental HERO Ra Neos.png

Nice artwork... Idk what card layout you use, but I think you should try the YCM Beta, it's very clean and hiqh quality.

Is there an easy way to summon Ra? Otherwise it's going to be really hard Link Summon this card

And correct me if I'm wrong, but one arrow points at the opponent's monster, so does that mean your opponent cannot be destroyed by battle because it is co-linked with this card?

And protection from destroyed by battle is not a big deal today, maybe "cannot be destroyed by card effects"?

49 minutes ago, Nede said:

Nice artwork... Idk what card layout you use, but I think you should try the YCM Beta, it's very clean and hiqh quality.

I agree, it's very nicely done. Btw, he's using the card maker from another site called Neo Card Maker. For the longest time, this site didn't have Pendulums or Links, so people had to resource to that card maker or other tools. But I concur that the new template from the beta is high quality, probably better than the other (sy Yemachu).

Is there an easy way to summon Ra? Otherwise it's going to be really hard Link Summon this card

The card specifically says you can use the materials from your hand, so it should be... kinda fine.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but one arrow points at the opponent's monster, so does that mean your opponent cannot be destroyed by battle because it is co-linked with this card?

Essentially, yes, but it also has another effect that right away banishes an opponent's monster it's pointing to, so, essentially, this protection doesn't matter lol. Unless the opponent's monster has banishment protection, which is veeeery unlikely.

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

3 hours ago, magnus calrsen said:

Dear people,

the last time i have postes on this site is maybe 5-6 years ago. I am happy beeing on this site again and sharing my work with you! Please help me with the card lore, because im not up to date.

Sure thing, I'll try my best to help. Friendly advise, tho: It is a site rule that you write the card's text below the card so it's easier to read. Wish you did that for your card, cause those ant letters are hard to read lol.

Elemental HERO Ra Neos
"Elemental HERO Neos" + "Winged Dragon of Ra"
You can also use cards from your hand as material to Link Summon this card, but if you do, this card cannot attack during the turn it is Link Summoned. Banish any opponent's monster this card points to. Monsters co-linked to this card cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can make the ATK of 1 face-up monster you control become 0, then target 1 card on the field; banish that target. If this card leaves the field: Special Summon 1 "Elemental HERO Neos" from your hand, Deck or GY. You can only control 1 "Elemental HERO Ra Neos".

Most problematic part is the first effect. The problem is, the original effect says that you use the cards from your hand to "Special Summon" this card, and applies the "can't attack effect" if Special Summoned, but later you talk about Link Summoned, so you probably understand the difference between SSummon and Link Summon. Now, since the first effect doesn't specify where it can be Special Summoned from, what do we do? Did you intend to be from the Extra Deck only, or can also be SS'ed from the GY? Depending on this, the wording can change... I'd honestly just leave it as Link Summoning for all effects. I made the banish opponent's monsters this card points to a continuous effect, opposed to the original one, which activated, I think it works better this way. Then fixed colon and semicolon for the Main Phase effect, it really needed it. Finally, just some small fixes for the reduce to 0 ATK effect and pretty much that was it. Remember to use GY instead of graveyard, and pay attention to where I use Capital Letters and where I use lowercase.

I'd complin about the huge ATK of this card for a LINK 2, as the strongest so far has 2300, but eh, I guess that's offset by the material requirement. All in all, I'd say the card is not all that crazy. It's nasty that pretty much it blocks 1 opponent's monster zone as it continuously banishes anything that dares to step in front on it, and the other banishing effect is strong. Other than that, yep, it's rough, but nothing impossible to handle. Heck, a shuffling effect will really screw this card, avoiding even the floating effect to bring normal Neos to the field.

And again, good work with the artwork n.n

~~~~

Dang, I almost forgot:

About PSCT, there's no ultimate ultimate ultimate guide because PSCT is huge and constantly evolving, but you can use these links to help yourself.

https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Problem-Solving_Card_Text

and from this site:

https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/topic/322020-ocgpsct-tutorial-learn-how-to-write-your-cards-properly/

Nede thank you for your reply!

Rayfield Lumina actually gave a great info to your reply.

Rayfield, thank you for this detailed reply!
I have changed the card lore and i want to understand what is written in capital letters and what not. On some cards the word "monster" is written "Monster". Has it been changed?
The first part of the effect was truely confusing, i agree. The rest after you've changed it, seems really fine for me.
The high ATK is because it requires 2 difficult cards to summon. Every Neos monster has this 2500 ATK, so it is a signature feature. But i think now, that this card is powerfull, players would run 3 neos and 3 ra in their decks, because you just need to discard them to summon Ra Neos.
The drawback effect is in my opinion really needed. I think i would make it even worse for the player (because of its continously banishing effect).

By the way is there a way of getting access to my old account?

I created it in 2009 and its named "Baragan". Unfortunatelly i don't remember my e mail adress, used for this account.

7 minutes ago, magnus calrsen said:

Nede thank you for your reply!

Rayfield Lumina actually gave a great info to your reply.

Rayfield, thank you for this detailed reply!
I have changed the card lore and i want to understand what is written in capital letters and what not. On some cards the word "monster" is written "Monster". Has it been changed?
The first part of the effect was truely confusing, i agree. The rest after you've changed it, seems really fine for me.
The high ATK is because it requires 2 difficult cards to summon. Every Neos monster has this 2500 ATK, so it is a signature feature. But i think now, that this card is powerfull, players would run 3 neos and 3 ra in their decks, because you just need to discard them to summon Ra Neos.
The drawback effect is in my opinion really needed. I think i would make it even worse for the player (because of its continously banishing effect).

By the way is there a way of getting access to my old account?

I created it in 2009 and its named "Baragan". Unfortunatelly i don't remember my e mail adress, used for this account.

You're welcome n.n

Using M and m for the monster word varies depending on how you use it. For instance, whenever you use it along with the type of card (e.g. Normal Monster, Effect Monster, Synchro, Xyz etc. etc.) ALWAYS use capital M. When you find it alone/accompanied by a monster type/talking about the monster kind of effect, use "m", (e.g. destroy the attacking monster, Dragon monster, unaffected by other monsters' effects, etc.)

As per your lost account, I dunno if you'll be able to recover it, but perhaps you can. Go to https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/forum/40-questions-help/, make a thread and be sure to tag YCMaker (use @)
asking for this. Good luck.

Archived