I.F. (Plushie-themed archetype)

Ghostie Spectie

Today I brought to you all a new Archetype "I.F." (イフ Ifu). This archetype is inspired by "Yubel", which is one of my favorite archetype. Similar to "Yubel", "I.F." revolves around destroying the main monster, "I.F.", to activate its effect and Summon its various forms; and heal LP/inflict damage by forcing the opponent's monsters to attack them.

Monsters

I.F..thumb.jpg.20df20e3a580895d4da1773a696d4562.jpg

"I.F." (イフ, Ifu)

Lore: Cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck. If this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Worsening Relationship", "Secret Friend", "Absolute Faith", "Course of Friendships", "Released Hatred", "Reminiscence", or "Broken Bonds" from your Deck to your hand. Cannot be destroyed by battle, also you take no battle damage from battles involving this face-up Attack Position card. At the end of the Damage Step, if this card is attacked by an opponent's monster: Gain LP equal to that monster's original ATK. During the End Phase: Pay 2000 LP or destroy this card. If this card is destroyed, except by its own effect: You can Special Summon 1 "I.F. - Split Emotion" from your hand, Deck, or GY.

I.F._-_Split_Emotion.thumb.jpg.060983e620ee743579a7e7f5fdb2a401.jpg

"I.F. - Split Emotion" (イフ- EMOTIONEN TEILEN, Ifu - Emoshionen Taeren)

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned with "I.F.", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be destroyed by battle, also you take no battle damage from battles involving this face-up Attack Position card. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card is attacked by an opponent's monster: Gain LP equal to half that monster's ATK on the field, and if you do, inflict the same amount of damage to your opponent. If this face-up card you control is destroyed and sent to your GY (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon 1 "I.F. - Grudgeful Presence" from your hand, Deck, or GY.

I.F._-_Grudgeful_Presence.thumb.jpg.ff37fa929df5307bc7c89c08f2fe4de2.jpg

"I.F. - Grudgeful Presence" (イフ- GROLLIGE PRÄSENZ, Ifu - Gurorurihi Puresenzu)

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned with "I.F. - Split Emotion", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be destroyed by battle, also you take no battle damage from battles involving this face-up Attack Position card. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card is attacked by an opponent's monster: Gain LP equal to that monster's ATK on the field, and if you do, inflict the same amount of damage to your opponent. During your opponent's End Phase: Destroy all face-up monsters your opponent controls that did not attack this turn. If this card leaves the field (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon 1 "I.F. - Unforgettable Trauma" from your hand, Deck, or GY.

I.F._-_Unforgettable_Trauma.thumb.jpg.c8dbf2b78806a805625ff65628085515.jpg

"If - Unforgettable Trauma" (イフ- UNVERGESSLICHE TRAUMATA, Ifu - Anbuerugesusurihi Toraumata)

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned with "If - Grudgeful Presence", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be destroyed by battle, also you take no battle damage from battles involving this card. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles an opponent's monster: Gain LP equal to that monster's ATK on the field, and if you do, inflict the same amount of damage to your opponent, also banish that monster. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn (Quick Effect): You can shuffle 1 "If" monster from your GY to your Deck; this turn, all face-up Attack Position monsters your opponent controls must attack, if able.

Spells

Worsening_Relationship.thumb.jpg.74920e4eb020d094102990ccd368e4db.jpg

"Worsening Relationship" (悪化の関係, Akka no Kankei)

Lore: Add 1 "I.F.", "Secret Friend", "Absolute Faith", "Course of Friendships", "Released Hatred", "Reminiscence", or "Broken Bonds" from your Deck to your hand. If this card is in your GY while you control no monsters: You can banish this card from your GY; Normal Summon 1 "I.F." without Tributing. You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect, except "I.F." monsters. You can only use each effect of "Worsening Relationship" once per turn.

Secret_Friend.thumb.jpg.694eb461835b5310f1214042723362be.jpg

"Secret Friend" (秘密の友達, Himitsu no Tomodachi)

Lore: Shuffle any number of "I.F." monsters from your hand or GY to your Deck, then draw that same number of cards. During the End Phase, except the turn this card is sent to the GY: You can banish this card from your GY; destroy 1 "I.F." monster in your hand or you control, and if you do, draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of "Secret Friend" per turn.

Absolute_Faith.thumb.webp.f9886d574ef39ce16d403c9a1e6a89c2.webp

"Absolute Faith" (絶対的な信仰, Zettai-tekina Shinkō)

Lore: Your opponent can only target "I.F." monsters you control for attacks. During your Main Phase: You can shuffle 1 Level 10 or higher "I.F." monster from your hand or GY to your Deck; add 1 "I.F." from your Deck to your hand. If you gain LP with the effect of "I.F." monster: You can target 1 card in your opponent's Spell & Trap Zone; destroy it. You can only use each effect of "Absolute Faith" once per turn.

Traps

Course_of_Friendships.thumb.jpg.dcb63fbe471323fcbf96641aab715840.jpg

"Course of Friendships" (友情のコース, Yūjō no Kōsu)

Lore: When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack: negate the attack, and if you do, destroy 1 "I.F." monster in your hand or you control. If this card is in your GY, while you control no monsters (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your GY; Special Summon 1 "I.F." from your hand or GY. You can only use "Course of Friendships" per turn, and only once that turn.

Released_Hatred.thumb.jpg.128af8e202cae3bd40acfd309bc01b70.jpg

"Released Hatred" (憎しみを解放, Nikushimio Kaihō)

Lore: Special Summon "Hatred Tokens" (Spellcaster/DARK/Level 4/ATK 800/DEF 800) in Attack Position to your opponent's side of the field, up to the combined number of "I.F." monsters in your field and in your GY. "Hatred Tokens" cannot be Tributed, and cannot be used as a material for Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and Link Summon. "Hatred Tokens" must attack, if able. If this card is in your GY (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your GY; Special Summon 1 "I.F." from your hand or GY. You can only use each effect of "Released Hatred" once per turn.

Reminiscence.thumb.jpg.52f60ac95320bbed4ce5eb0e9fdb1f79.jpg

"Reminiscence" (回想 - レミニセンス, Kaisō - Reminisensu)

Lore: You can activate 1 of the following effects.

● Target 1 Level 10 or higher "I.F." monster in your GY; shuffle it into the Deck, then send 1 "I.F." from your Deck to the GY.
● Target 1 "I.F." in your GY; Special Summon it.
● Destroy 1 "I.F." monster in your hand or you control.
You can only use this effect of "Reminiscence" once per turn.

Broken_Bonds.thumb.jpg.3a78cb0497be4a44b15a132092fae17d.jpg

"Broken Bonds" (壊れた絆, Kowareta Kizuna)

Lore: If you control a "I.F." monster: Negate the effects of all face-up monsters your opponent controls. During your opponent's turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; change it to face-up Attack Position, also that monster must attack, if able. If your opponent activates a card or effect that targets a "I.F." monster you control: You can send this face-up card you control to the GY; negate that effect, and if you do, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. You can only use each effect of "Broken Bonds" once per turn.

welcome to YCM enjoy your stay

okay, there a thing about this archetype that actually make it accidentally very strong, ability to add things that list "If" which also means it able to search things that has "if" as in narrative conjunction which cover like good 60-70ish + % of the card in the game which kinda OP if you really think about it. if you willing to do name change for "If" it will be more balanced

If: the first monster we start with and sure as hell it is very Yubel-esque, it practically Yubel copy with extra healing (minus damage) and the enigmatic search effect. i does have edge over original yubel by having 2000 LP as upkeep cost instead tributing making it much more easier to keep in case you haven't got means to destroy it yourself

Split: now it has damage, like typical Yubel so its fine

Grudge-full: its now a 1 sided Terror incarnate that force your opponent to attack or setting their monster. the lack of stronger immunity do kept this card in check

Trauma: now this is removal. the reason OG Ultimate Nightmare lack of use compare to Terror Incarnate is the quality of removal significantly drops. while this is upgrade fitting for the effort. the force-attack kinda pushing it but ultimately needed

Worsening: a (bit too) good searcher that start the ladder,

Secret: the Pot of Avarice effect have a catch-22 balance issues, on one hand its able to draw more than Avarice for  4-6-12 cards! (since it also shuffle copies) and dumping stuff to GY is easy in this game. but in but in pure build it conflict with Trauma shuffle effect. definitely need changes for this effect. the GY effect is pure value since its both draw and take the monster to next ladder i do hope it has additional cost though maybe some LP payment

Absolute: pretty brutal field spell, it mulligan the base form, floodgate your opponent to a degree and pops back-row

Course: the best scenario to use this card if you already have the base form in hand but somehow don't get worsening. bit clunky for a starter card due to its nature as trap but not bad for 4th-6th starter

Hatred: so far your card wording wise kinda pretty good despite some having outdated text. but the anti material effect can be shorten in to " cannot be used as Tribute or Material to summon a monster"  the GY effect is pretty good though

Reminiscence: i almost like this card story-like effect if not for the the order is switch up (unless maybe intended lol), the 1st and 2nd option can be switched. but overall is good effect that well balanced

Broken: a bit pushed actually. it already have 1 sided skill drain that force opponent to attack but it also able to swat effects from outside field with extra burn. i personally make the 2nd effect its own card

also standing ovation for you making entire set using your own drawings!

25 minutes ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

welcome to YCM enjoy your stay

okay, there a thing about this archetype that actually make it accidentally very strong, ability to add things that list "If" which also means it able to search things that has "if" as in narrative conjunction which cover like good 60-70ish + % of the card in the game which kinda OP if you really think about it. if you willing to do name change for "If" it will be more balanced

If: the first monster we start with and sure as hell it is very Yubel-esque, it practically Yubel copy with extra healing (minus damage) and the enigmatic search effect. i does have edge over original yubel by having 2000 LP as upkeep cost instead tributing making it much more easier to keep in case you haven't got means to destroy it yourself

Split: now it has damage, like typical Yubel so its fine

Grudge-full: its now a 1 sided Terror incarnate that force your opponent to attack or setting their monster. the lack of stronger immunity do kept this card in check

Trauma: now this is removal. the reason OG Ultimate Nightmare lack of use compare to Terror Incarnate is the quality of removal significantly drops. while this is upgrade fitting for the effort. the force-attack kinda pushing it but ultimately needed

Worsening: a (bit too) good searcher that start the ladder,

Secret: the Pot of Avarice effect have a catch-22 balance issues, on one hand its able to draw more than Avarice for  4-6-12 cards! (since it also shuffle copies) and dumping stuff to GY is easy in this game. but in but in pure build it conflict with Trauma shuffle effect. definitely need changes for this effect. the GY effect is pure value since its both draw and take the monster to next ladder i do hope it has additional cost though maybe some LP payment

Absolute: pretty brutal field spell, it mulligan the base form, floodgate your opponent to a degree and pops back-row

Course: the best scenario to use this card if you already have the base form in hand but somehow don't get worsening. bit clunky for a starter card due to its nature as trap but not bad for 4th-6th starter

Hatred: so far your card wording wise kinda pretty good despite some having outdated text. but the anti material effect can be shorten in to " cannot be used as Tribute or Material to summon a monster"  the GY effect is pretty good though

Reminiscence: i almost like this card story-like effect if not for the the order is switch up (unless maybe intended lol), the 1st and 2nd option can be switched. but overall is good effect that well balanced

Broken: a bit pushed actually. it already have 1 sided skill drain that force opponent to attack but it also able to swat effects from outside field with extra burn. i personally make the 2nd effect its own card

also standing ovation for you making entire set using your own drawings!

Thank you for your feedbacks. About the "If" in text part, all of them only work on cards with japanese "イフ" in their name/text, instead of the actual word "if", but I get what you mean.

20 minutes ago, Ghostie Spectie said:

Thank you for your feedbacks. About the "If" in text part, all of them only work on cards with japanese "イフ" in their name/text, instead of the actual word "if", but I get what you mean.

Well just to be sure, still more lean on change

Not all of us can read moonrunes lol, especially if the translation of the puns get to confusing or ambiguous 

Maybe instead of "If" use its direct japanese sounds like "Ifu" or "Ivu"

• Ghostie Spectie changed the title to I.F. (Plushie-themed archetype)

Archived