Enter the Dungeon

Darj

JjqiIu2.png
Enter the Dungeon
Quick-Play Spell
Activate only while there is a monster on the field. Set up to 4 Spell/Traps from your Deck with different names, at least 3 different card types (Normal, Equip, Quick-Play, Continuous, Counter) among them, and with effects that apply on monsters, but shuffle them into the Deck during your opponent's next End Phase, also you cannot activate more than 1 of those cards in the same Phase, and they cannot leave the field, except by this card's or your opponent's card effects, or by activating and resolving them. Traps and Quick-Play Spells Set by this effect can be activated during the turn they were Set. You can only activate 1 "Enter the Dungeon" once every 2 turns.

My take on a card that simulates a monster entering a dungeon and finding items along the way, be them gear, artifacts, traps, curses, etc. depending on what you Set. I'm experimenting with a couple of conditions, first that you can only activate 1 of the card per phase, as if recreating a monster finding something at a different cell/tile on the board, and that complex hard OPT clause, well, more like an "once per 2 turns", to avoid overpowering plays like activating this on your turn, play 4 volatile Spell/Traps to buff your monster(s), and Set another copy to play it during the opponent's turn for another temporary +4.

Thoughts?

1) Can you set field spells by this effect?

2) I'm worried about how a +4 scenario can be used as resources (using them for the cost of something)

3) I love the whole idea behind this

4) I don't think you need to specify "Quick-Play Spells Set by this effect can be activated during the turn they were Set."

1) Nope. No Field Spells allowed since they are not listed among the card types you can grab. Rituals are not an option either, btw.
2) Right, that could be an issue, with decks like Metalfoes and the like, plus floaty Spell/Traps with effects that involve monsters. Can't think of any way to prevent abuse, so I'm open to ideas.
4) You do. Like Traps, Quick-Play Spells cannot be activated during the turn they are Set.

1 hour ago, Darj said:

2) Right, that could be an issue, with decks like Metalfoes and the like, plus floaty Spell/Traps with effects that involve monsters. Can't think of any way to prevent abuse, so I'm open to ideas.

Shouldn't it be rather simple? Another clause: 

...  also you cannot activate more than 1 of those cards in the same Phase, or use them to pay an activation or effect's cost.

I'm aware this is unorthodox, but it should work. After all, there are cards that talk about paying costs, like Junk Collector

Hope this is of help.

10 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

...  also you cannot activate more than 1 of those cards in the same Phase, or use them to pay an activation or effect's cost.

I'm aware this is unorthodox, but it should work. After all, there are cards that talk about paying costs, like Junk Collector

Hope this is of help.

Yeah, that looks good, and it's existing terminology. Thanks.
Surprised you didn't call me out for the +4 for 2 turns :v

On 8/29/2021 at 8:40 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Hope this is of help.

Double post and double quote because I realize this clause still allows using the cards to pay other kind of "costs", namely destruction by effect like Metalfoes', or Tributing any searched Cont. Spell/Trap for the True Dracos.

13 minutes ago, Darj said:

Double post and double quote because I realize this clause still allows using the cards to pay other kind of "costs", namely destruction by effect like Metalfoes', or Tributing any searched Cont. Spell/Trap for the True Dracos.

Well spotted. Mmm... I'm thinking of something, but it's getting--- convoluted. How about this:

...  also you cannot activate more than 1 of those cards in the same Phase, and they cannot leave the field, except by this card's effect, by your opponent's card effect, or by activating and resolving them.

I'm looking at the above somewhat skeptically, but I'm not finding an alternative right now. This should cover any attempt one could try of using up the cards to pay for costs. They can't be Tributed, or reach the GY to pay for stuff. The clause excludes this card itself so they can be banished as intended, allows your opponent to screw them because I imagine you don't want to give them any sort of protection, and also let them go to the GY by normal game mechanic (though in this last case, you might want to consider leaving them on the field just so you can't use them as fodder in the GY to banish for other costs, but a non-continuous/equip Spell/Trap that remains on the field after being activated and resolved sound too weird, so if that doesn't work for you, nvm this).

I like the clause above. And to avoid uses in the GY, thinking the effect can also banish them when they leave the field. That would still allow when-banished effects, but such cards are scarce atm, if any even exists.

Another idea is spinning everything back into the Deck. That not only prevents when-banished effects, also makes other copies of "Enter the Dungeon" most likely to remain alive.

Archived