EXCALIBAAAAARRRR!!! (Artemisia, the Holy Knight)

Kanashimi

You probably know from the topic title, so here you go:

Was thinking on making a Ritual Monster with 2 Ritual Spells related to it. Not only that, but the Ritual Spell can act as a Normal Spell by discarding it and controlling the given Ritual Monster, thus, taking idea of Saber from fate series

Originally planned on Casual section, but the effect i think is strong enough to be used competitively, while also the idea of 2 Ritual Spells for 1 Ritual Monster aren't that new breakthrough?

Short lore wise, based on Artemisia I, Queen of Halicarnassus while mixing with Altria Pendragon from Fate. I hardly see word "holy" on YGO, but "divine", so i decided, to distinct her as a divine/god card related, i use holy instead

4TENuzz.png

Artemisia, the Holy Knight

LIGHT/Level 7

Warrior/Ritual/Effect

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Holy Knight's Oath" or "Holy Knight's Spirit". Any battle damage this card inflict to your opponent is halved. If a monster your opponent controls is destroyed: You can add 1 monster that was Tributed for a Ritual Summon from your GY to your hand. If this card is sent to the GY: You can target 1 Ritual Spell in your GY; add it to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Artemisia, the Holy Knight" once per turn.

2500/2000

O3lGSV6.png

Holy Knight's Oath

Spell/Ritual

This card is used to Ritual Summon "Artemisia, the Holy Knight". You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal 7 or more. "Artemisia, the Holy Knight" Ritual Summoned by this effect can attack twice during each Battle Phase. You can discard this card, then target 1 "Artemisia, the Holy Knight" you control; destroy all other monsters on the field whose ATK is lower than the target.

5ZHI52X.png

Holy Knight's Spirit

Spell/Ritual

This card is used to Ritual Summon "Artemisia, the Holy Knight". You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal 7 or more. "Artemisia, the Holy Knight" Ritual Summoned this way gains 1000 ATK. You can discard this card, then target 1 "Artemisia, the Holy Knight" you control; it gains ATK equal to the ATK of a monster with the highest ATK on the field.

Genuinely some really cool design here. I would actually love to see this expanded into an archetype, maybe generalizing the ritual spells to "any 'Holy Knight' monster" if you do? Even if the effect is a tad on the generic side, as in not really pertaining to any playstyle, I heavily enjoy the design of this little set. Sick!

50 minutes ago, xbox1003 said:

Genuinely some really cool design here. I would actually love to see this expanded into an archetype, maybe generalizing the ritual spells to "any 'Holy Knight' monster" if you do? Even if the effect is a tad on the generic side, as in not really pertaining to any playstyle, I heavily enjoy the design of this little set. Sick!

Thank you

I dont plan this to become archetype, generalizing to any "Holy Knight" monster kills the searchability of these cards, namely Preparation of Rites/Pre-Preparation of Rite. Well this card is LIGHT, so the main idea is either to use it in the existing Herald Deck, or simply use it with Impcantation in a Ritual Deck.

Archived