Normal Monster Retro Retrain Game

Baron-777

There's something charming about the original cards from early Yu-gi-oh. A simpler style that drew more from mythology  and more abstract designs. Today it's rare for a monster card to not be part of an archetype and have a unifying, refined, theme and design. While the popular nostalgic cards from the anime would be chosen for retains that would bring them back in the lime light, monsters who were mere filler and cannon fodder would be left to history. 

But no more says I! Today is the day that old pack filler becomes new and everyone here can help.

Concept and Guidelines:

Simply express your interest by leaving a comment below, in a day or two I will pick a random normal monster, mostly from the 2002-2004 sets. This can include non-effect fusion and ritual monsters . The list I have does not include monsters that already have retrains (Dark Magician, Blue-Eyes, Gaia, est.). Afterward post a card that will be a retrain of the original. I'll provide an example with this post:

These can either be the same named card but with a new effect or a newly named card like how Blue-Eyes' retrain is Blue-Eyes Alternative Dragon.

I encourage you to use the maker to create your card and post it along with the forum rules for listing out the card. If you have any questions about how to do this, or what the rules are, ask in a comment or DM me.

I encourage you to keep the stats the same as the original monsters: same level, ATK, DEF, type, est.

The retrain can be any type of monster you want. Except if you get a fusion monster; I encourage you to keep it a fusion or ritual monster (but you may swap the materials if you desire)

The effect's power level should be reasonable but can be scaled for either modern play or the time these cards came out in.

As these often are obscure monsters, it's ok to use the original art or models from video games like Duelist of the Roses or Falsebound Kingdom. If you would like, I can DM  you a screenshot from a game to work with. Either ask when you make your request or DM me.

Lastly, have fun, be creative, and don't worry about asking questions. 

Example: Master & Expert

Original:j9tADX0.jpg
Same Name Retain: t7YonqI.jpg

Card Name: Master & Expert

Level 4 Effect Monster

Beast Type

ATK 1200/ DEF 1000

Effect: If you control another Beast, Winged-Beast, or Beast-Warrior monster, monsters your opponent control cannot target this card for attack. All other Beast, Winged-Beast, and Beast-Warrior monsters you control gain 500 ATK.

New Name Retain:Qi4f9qX.jpg

Card Name: Expert Beast & Expert Master

Level 4 Effect Monster

Beast Type

ATK 1200/DEF 1000

Effect: You can Normal Summon Beast-Type monsters for 1 less Tribute. Gains ATK equal to the combined Level of all Beast-Type monsters x 100.

You don't need to do both the Same Name and New Name Retrain; one is enough.

If you want to do it for another monster, you can request another after you post your card. 

Like this: 

NEW CARD PLEASE :) 

Archived