The first cards for the new Archetype: "Clockgear" and "T/S/D"

JairoLeyn100

Hey there everyone. In this topic, I'll be showing you guys some cards for a new Archetype I came up with. I shall let you all know, this Archetype is still a 'work in progress', that's why I'm only posting a few of them. In fact, I already mentioned on a previous post about a NEW ARCHETYPE IDEA, where I posted some written cards, in order to share this idea with you all and see how much I can go with it. In other words, I needed some opinions/suggetions/ideas from you guys about it. In the end, I was able to make the cards visual, so there you have them (I made some alterations after some thinking and discussing it with someone else). Let me know what you guys think, and if you have any suggestions, also let me know. It will help me so much.

NOTES:

• All monsters from the Deck (well most of them) will be High-Level monsters (from Level 10 to 12). But even so, they will have stats and effects that any Lower-Level monsters would have. And they all share the same summoning conditions and effects.
  • The "Clockgear Token" are the most essential for this Archetype. From using them as materials for the summoing of monsters from the Extra Deck or any other; to activate effects; and also avoid destruction or any other problem.
  • On the previous post, I named some of these cards with "T&S" (Time & Space), but I wasn't so sure about that name. So I changed it to "T/S/D" (Time/Space/Dimension). But even so, I'm still not so sure. What do you guys think?
  • I'm thinking on adding Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz cards to this Archetype besides Link and Pendulum. But I have yet to think it through more.

UPDATE: I've just made some changes to the cards, specially the Link Pendulum monsters. I'll write in '( )' the changes that I made. Let me know what you guys think.

780916192_ClockgearQuarterKnight.thumb.jpeg.71898fb4f103793fa7d90fa5fa6e22dc.jpeg"Clockgear Quarter Knight"

Level 10 - LIGHT

Warrior/Effect

ATK/2000 - DEF/2000

Monster Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card can only be Pendulum Summoned or Special Summoned by the effects of a "Clockgear" or "T/S/D" card. You can shuffle this card from your hand back to the Deck; and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Clockgear Token" (Machine/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). Once per turn, while face-up on a Monster Zone that a Link Monster or a Link Pendulum Card in the Pendulum Zone points to: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; change it's battle position, and if you do, reduce that monster's ATK or DEF (depending it's current battle position) to 0. If this card were to be destroyed by battle or by card effects, you can destroy 1 "Clockgear Token" you control instead.

(On this one, I specified that it's effect only targets a face-up monster. I forgot to write that part XD. Also, I didn't knew if it was necessary, but I wrote that it's effect can be activated if it's in a Monster Zone that a Link Monster or a Link Pendulum Monster in the Pendulum Zone points to)

934116512_ClockgearHalf-PassSamuraiRyu.thumb.jpeg.d1580280af3578eb69ad450bfba5e3a3.jpeg"Clockgear Half-Pass Samurai Ryu"

Level 11 - LIGHT

Machine/Effect

ATK/2400 - DEF/1700

Monster Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card can only be Pendulum Summoned or Special Summoned by the effects of a "Clockgear" or "T/S/D" card. You can shuffle this card from your hand back to the Deck; and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Clockgear Token" (Machine/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). When this card destroys a monster by battle, while face-up on a Monster Zone that a Link Monster or a Link Pendulum Card in the Pendulum Zone points to: It can make a second attack in a row on monsters during each Battle Phase. If this card were to be destroyed by battle or by card effects, you can destroy 1 "Clockgear Token" you control instead.

(I did the same on this one like on "Quarter Knight". I also reduced it's ATK to 2400 instead 2600)

1514263153_ClockgearPaladinO-Clock.thumb.jpeg.dc090ed2d7b812097076441b064a3ee3.jpeg"Clockgear Paladin O-Clock"

Level 11 - Light

Warrior/Effect

ATK/2500 - DEF/2300

Monster Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card can only be Pendulum Summoned or Special Summoned by the effects of a "Clockgear" or "T/S/D" card. You can shuffle this card from your hand back to the Deck; and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Clockgear Token" (Machine/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a Spell/Trap is activated (Quick Effect): Negate that card's effect, and if you do, change this card's current battle position. This card gains 300 ATK/DEF x each "Clockgear Token" on the field. If this card were to be destroyed by battle or by card effects, you can destroy 1 "Clockgear Token" you control instead.

(On this one, I decided to change a little it's effect, along with it's Level. Turning it into a Level 11 instead)

1909069571_ClockgearToken.thumb.jpeg.ae121344dd84325decf660e462b5d1fc.jpeg"Clockgear Token"

Level 1 - LIGHT

Machine/Token

ATK/0 - DEF/0

Text: This card can be used as a "Clockgear Token".

294964508_T_S_DChrono-Bot.thumb.jpeg.3fe621ee237ea304490a912321b280a3.jpeg"T/S/D Chrono-Bot"

LIGHT

Machine/Link/Pendulum/Effect

Pendulum Scale: < 9 - 9 >

ATK/1500 - Link-1: U

Pendulum Effect: During either player's turn, while you control no Tokens (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon 1 "Clockgear Token" to your zone this card points to. During the Battle Phase: You can target 1 "Clockgear" or "T/S/D" monster you control (except Tokens); tribute 1 "Clockgear Token", and if you do, this turn that monster can inflict piercing battle damage to a Defense Position monster. You can only use 1 "T/S/D Chrono-Bot" effect per turn, and only once that turn. The monster this card points to gain 500 ATK.

Monster Effect: 1 "Clockgear Token"
Cannot be targetted for an attack. If this card is Link Summoned: You can place it in your Pendulum Zone. This effect cannot be negated. If you control Link Pendulum Cards in your Pendulum Zones with at least 1 difference between the Pendulum Scales: You can Pendulum Summon this face-up card in your Extra Deck, but send it to the GY when it leaves the field. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Clockgear Token", but destroy this card during the End Phase.

1765704413_T_S_DThermo-Bot.thumb.jpeg.16b3ce92e46755f15d81c14581a01349.jpeg"T/S/D Thermo-Bot"

FIRE

Pendulum Scale: < 13 - 13 >

ATK/1300 - Link-1: UL

Pendulum Effect: During either player's turn, while you control no Tokens (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon 1 "Clockgear Token" to your zone this card points to. During either player's turn (Quick Effect): You can tribute 1 "Clockgear Token", destroy 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls. You can only use 1 "T/S/D Thermo-Bot" effect per turn, and only once that turn. The monster this card points to cannot be targetted by card effects.

Monster Effect: 1 "Clockgear Token"
Cannot be targetted for an attack. If this card is Link Summoned: You can place it in your Pendulum Zone. This effect cannot be negated. If you control Link Pendulum Cards in your Pendulum Zones with at least 1 difference between the Pendulum Scales: You can Pendulum Summon this face-up card in your Extra Deck, but send it to the GY when it leaves the field. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Clockgear Token", but destroy this card during the End Phase.

(Now on both Link Pendulum monsters, I only changed their Monster Effects. Now they can be placed in the Pendulum Zones "after" they are Link Summoned, which is an effect that cannot be negated. Also, I took away their effect of changing the direction of their Link Arrows if they were in the Monster Zones. Even so, they can still Special Summon 1 "Clockgear Token" to any of your Monster Zones, except the Extra ones of course XD, but the downside to this is that they are destroyed afterwards. Which leades us to the last change I made; I realized before that I didn't specified a way to Pendulum Summon them from the Extra Deck, so I made a way to do so: by taking into account the difference between the Pendulum Scales of the Link Pendulum Cards in your Pendulum Zones. For Example: If I have a "T/S/D Chrono-Bot", which is Link-1, face-up in the Extra Deck, and I have a Pedulum Scale setted with two Link Pendulum monsters, one with a Scale of 9 and the other with a Scale of 11, I can Pendulum Summon it. After all the difference between the Pendulum Scale of both monsters is 'One'. On another example: If a have setted a Pendulum Scale with "Chrono-Bot", scale of 9, and "Thermo-Bot", scale of 13, the difference will be 'Three', which means that I would be able to Pendulum Summon a Link-3 Link Pendulum Monster face-up in the Extra Deck)

769329080_T_S_DTime-FrameCore.thumb.jpeg.af2bf27b50c13642ee0436bbd27c6073.jpeg"T/S/D Time-Frame Core"

Spell - Continuous

Effect: All "Clockgear Tokens" you control are unaffected by your opponent card effects, nor cannot be destroyed by battle. This effect is also applied the turn this card leaves the field. Each time a "Clockgear Token" leaves the field, you can draw 1 card. While this card is in the Graveyard, except the turn it was sent there: You can Link Summon 1 Link-1 or 2 "T/S/D" Link monster, by banishing this card as it's only material. You can only have 1 "T/S/D Time Frame Core" on the field, and use it's effect once per turn.

(I took away from this one the protection to battle destruction)

ok i see what the deck trying to accomplish, link summon the link pendulum that subsequently become scale to summon the main deck which is your win con

welp you have quite wording problem that i only address if im in the mood but is further convoluted with experimental effect. which is ironic since i actually love experimental effect (i certainly like the link monster gimmick) but i find it stretching it a bit far since my experimental effect usually based on wording patch-workings rather than inventing new term

main monster in general: ok they have reasonable effects combination. they can un-brick themselves and summon the tokens for the links and effect fuel. also it has that MPB-style protection. this is a good start

Knight: can this change position of face-down monster? or even change monster to face-down? the former wont matter much but the latter is bit decent although it also means the stat augmentation get reset-ed (not become 0 since the changed card considered fresh copy after turn face-down then face-up again on attack)

Samurai: ooouch that double attack and extra damage with 2600 body. the restriction is fair enough being unique to the deck but also not overly balance for its effort

Paladin: the correct wording is not "reset" but "set that card facedown". now while technically these guys so far is relatively easy to setup but this is where i find paladin has problem which makes it reverse of Samurai: samurai has properly strong effect that easy to use without overly-balance but Paladin negation just straight up one of the worst counter trap card in the game being Malfunction and made further worse by only activated in battle which is ironic since its just several string of text you can making it at least a lesser copy of Red Reboot which does see play

extra deck monster in general: ok the thing about pendulum monster is that whatever property of the monster type it has will be overwritten when placed on pendulum zone. while sure we have link spell in the anime, at least its still require several extra conditions o prevent the natural overwriting. the effect to place the summoned monster directly on pendulum zone is much better worded if you simply borrow it from Claws of Hermos Fusions like Time Magic Hammer. the arrow direction changing is also confusing since being "opposite direction" depends on which axis of direction

example: thermo arrows is intended so it points to down left as its "opposite direction" but at that same axis it also legal to counter-argument that thermo's arrow opposite axis is top right

so rather than cause confusion like that its much easier if it simply change control so that as opponent monster it points to our zone as intended.which accompanied with cross-player activated effects like Number 44 Sky Pegasus or Chicken Game

Chrono: piercing effect is good cant complain much. it can summon extra monster and 500 boost is nice. decent

Thermo: quick backrow pop is nice. a slower pop on monster effect is still ok-ish the protection is decent

Core: understandably needed for the most part except that loaded protection. most of your effect will tribute it immediately on the turn it summon or as quick effect so having a bit weakness of can be destroyed by battle should be enough

On 10/7/2021 at 1:25 AM, JairoLeyn100 said:

618871356_ClockgearQuarterKnight.thumb.jpeg.60c7f525d7be865a05bdcb311286b4b6.jpeg"Clockgear Quarter Knight"

Level 10 - LIGHT

Warrior/Effect

ATK/2000 - DEF/2000

Monster Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card can only be Pendulum Summoned or Special Summoned by the effects of a "Clockgear" or "T/S/D" card. You can shuffle this card from your hand back into the Deck; and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Clockgear Token" (Machine/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). Once per turn, while linked face-up on a Monster Zone that a Link monster points to: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; change it's battle position, and if you do, reduce that monster's ATK or and DEF (depending it's current battle position) to 0. If this card were to be destroyed by battle or by card effects, you can destroy 1 "Clockgear Token" you control instead.

1029356349_ClockgearHalf-PassSamuraiRyu.thumb.jpeg.e30aeef7d3e069c7fc8f71a2f5082148.jpeg"Clockgear Half-Pass Samurai Ryu"

Level 11 - LIGHT

Machine/Effect

ATK/2600 - DEF/1700

Monster Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card can only be Pendulum Summoned or Special Summoned by the effects of a "Clockgear" or "T/S/D" card. You can shuffle this card from your hand back into the Deck; and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Clockgear Token" (Machine/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). This card can make up to 2 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase. Once per turn, while face-up on a Monster Zone that a Link monster points to linked, when this card destroy a monster by battle: You can inflict damage to the opponent equal to half that monster's ATK or DEF (whichever is higher, but your choice if tied). If this card were to be destroyed by battle or by card effects, you can destroy 1 "Clockgear Token" you control instead.

541631714_ClockgearPaladinO-Clock.thumb.jpeg.192af8cc744bba55373b0447a9b06682.jpeg"Clockgear Paladin O-Clock"

Level 12 - Light

Warrior/Effect

ATK/2500 - DEF/2300

Monster Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card can only be Pendulum Summoned or Special Summoned by the effects of a "Clockgear" or "T/S/D" card. You can shuffle this card from your hand back into the Deck; and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Clockgear Token" (Machine/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a Spell/Trap is activated during the Battle Phase: You can negate that card's effect and reset send it to the GY. This card gains 300 ATK/DEF x for each "Clockgear Token" on the field. If this card were to be destroyed by battle or by card effects, you can destroy 1 "Clockgear Token" you control instead.

1909069571_ClockgearToken.thumb.jpeg.ae121344dd84325decf660e462b5d1fc.jpeg"Clockgear Token"

Level 1 - LIGHT

Machine/Token

ATK/0 - DEF/0

Text: This card can be used as a "Clockgear Token".

1723959611_T_S_DChrono-Bot.thumb.jpeg.aaec8b8e2ec1d34f8fc3b461b8db08f7.jpeg"T/S/D Chrono-Bot"

LIGHT

Pendulum Scale: < 9 - 9 >

ATK/1500 - Link-1: U

Pendulum Effect: During either player's turn, while you control no Tokens (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon 1 "Clockgear Token" to a your zone this card points to. During the Battle Phase: You can target 1 "Clockgear" or "T/S/D" monster you control (except Tokens); tribute 1 "Clockgear Token", and if you do, this turn that monster can inflict piercing battle damage to a Defense Position monster. You can only use 1 "T/S/D Chrono-Bot" effect per turn, and only once that turn. The mMonster this card points to gain 500 ATK. [yes I know he only has one arrow also is this the first pendulum that uses it's link arrows in its pendulum effect?]

Cannot be targetted for an attack. If you were to Link Summon this card, you can place it in your Pendulum Zone instead. While in the Extra Monster Zone: This card's Link Arrow is changed to it's opposite direction up to it's Link Rating. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Clockgear Token" to your zone this card points to. The monster this card points to gain 500 ATK.

1676750179_T_S_DThermo-Bot.thumb.jpeg.b42d8fbb8ff5ec425b526d9b58aa4024.jpeg"T/S/D Thermo-Bot"

FIRE

Pendulum Scale: < 13 - 13 >

ATK/1300 - Link-1: UL

Pendulum Effect: During either player's turn, while you control no Tokens (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon 1 "Clockgear Token" to your a zone this card points to. During either player's turn (Quick Effect): You can tribute 1 "Clockgear Token", ; destroy 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls. You can only use 1 "T/S/D Thermo-Bot" effect per turn, and only once that turn. The monster this card points to cannot be targeted by card effects.

Cannot be targeted by card effects. If you were to Link Summon this card, you can place it in your Pendulum Zone instead. While in the Extra Monster Zone: This card's Link Arrow is changed to it's opposite direction up to it's Link Rating. Once per turn: You can destroy 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls. The monster this card points to cannot be targetted by card effects.

1000306188_T_S_DTime-FrameCore.thumb.jpeg.bf9cf8ed986867902dc05e75f7967ae3.jpeg"T/S/D Time-Frame Core"

Spell - Continuous

Effect: All "Clockgear Tokens" you control are unaffected by your opponent card effects, nor and cannot be destroyed by battle[should probably be able to be destroyed by battle]. This effect is also applied the turn this card leaves the field. Each time If a "Clockgear Token" leaves the field, you can draw 1 card.[was this meant to be multiple times per turn?] While this card is in the Graveyard, except the turn it was sent there: You can Link Summon 1 Link-1 or 2 "T/S/D" Link monster, by banishing this card as it's only material. You can only have 1 "T/S/D Time Frame Core" on the field, and use it's effect once per turn.

While this card is in the Graveyard, except the turn it was sent there: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 Link-1 or 2 "T/S/D" Link monster (this is also treated as a link summon).

It would be awesome if there was just a spell that summoned 2 clock gear tokens but locked you into clock gear.

16 hours ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

ok i see what the deck trying to accomplish, link summon the link pendulum that subsequently become scale to summon the main deck which is your win con

welp you have quite wording problem that i only address if im in the mood but is further convoluted with experimental effect. which is ironic since i actually love experimental effect (i certainly like the link monster gimmick) but i find it stretching it a bit far since my experimental effect usually based on wording patch-workings rather than inventing new term

main monster in general: ok they have reasonable effects combination. they can un-brick themselves and summon the tokens for the links and effect fuel. also it has that MPB-style protection. this is a good start

Knight: can this change position of face-down monster? or even change monster to face-down? the former wont matter much but the latter is bit decent although it also means the stat augmentation get reset-ed (not become 0 since the changed card considered fresh copy after turn face-down then face-up again on attack)

Samurai: ooouch that double attack and extra damage with 2600 body. the restriction is fair enough being unique to the deck but also not overly balance for its effort

Paladin: the correct wording is not "reset" but "set that card facedown". now while technically these guys so far is relatively easy to setup but this is where i find paladin has problem which makes it reverse of Samurai: samurai has properly strong effect that easy to use without overly-balance but Paladin negation just straight up one of the worst counter trap card in the game being Malfunction and made further worse by only activated in battle which is ironic since its just several string of text you can making it at least a lesser copy of Red Reboot which does see play

extra deck monster in general: ok the thing about pendulum monster is that whatever property of the monster type it has will be overwritten when placed on pendulum zone. while sure we have link spell in the anime, at least its still require several extra conditions o prevent the natural overwriting. the effect to place the summoned monster directly on pendulum zone is much better worded if you simply borrow it from Claws of Hermos Fusions like Time Magic Hammer. the arrow direction changing is also confusing since being "opposite direction" depends on which axis of direction

example: thermo arrows is intended so it points to down left as its "opposite direction" but at that same axis it also legal to counter-argument that thermo's arrow opposite axis is top right

so rather than cause confusion like that its much easier if it simply change control so that as opponent monster it points to our zone as intended.which accompanied with cross-player activated effects like Number 44 Sky Pegasus or Chicken Game

Chrono: piercing effect is good cant complain much. it can summon extra monster and 500 boost is nice. decent

Thermo: quick backrow pop is nice. a slower pop on monster effect is still ok-ish the protection is decent

Core: understandably needed for the most part except that loaded protection. most of your effect will tribute it immediately on the turn it summon or as quick effect so having a bit weakness of can be destroyed by battle should be enough

Thanks a lot for your review. I'll see what I can do with the cards that I've laready made, while coming up with new ones.

8 hours ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

It would be awesome if there was just a spell that summoned 2 clock gear tokens but locked you into clock gear.

I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the suggestion.

On 10/10/2021 at 3:55 AM, Dokutah Jolly said:

I think its safe to say that Dr. Crowler would approve of this archetype

On 10/10/2021 at 4:55 AM, Dokutah Jolly said:

Ok Jolly, I just updated the post with some changes to the cards. What do you think about them now?

On 10/13/2021 at 9:57 AM, JairoLeyn100 said:

Ok Jolly, I just updated the post with some changes to the cards. What do you think about them now?

in general much better, the best parts stays and the suggested parts is incorporated perfectly

kinda weird that the Link Pendulum use differences rather that usual "if you can pendulum summon level x" that xyz pendulum already has but i cant complain much since it works the same

one of my suggestion that you missed is the part about pendulum's scale state overwrite the property of the monster. to be faor it might be confusing and i dont give you the solution so here it is:

Pendulum Effect: During either player's turn, while you control no Tokens (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon 1 "Clockgear Token" to your zone this card points to (as if it face up on monster zone as link monster until this effect resolved)

actually you can keep samurai OG stat, i didn't say it was overpower

10 hours ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

in general much better, the best parts stays and the suggested parts is incorporated perfectly

kinda weird that the Link Pendulum use differences rather that usual "if you can pendulum summon level x" that xyz pendulum already has but i cant complain much since it works the same

one of my suggestion that you missed is the part about pendulum's scale state overwrite the property of the monster. to be faor it might be confusing and i dont give you the solution so here it is:

Pendulum Effect: During either player's turn, while you control no Tokens (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon 1 "Clockgear Token" to your zone this card points to (as if it face up on monster zone as link monster until this effect resolved)

actually you can keep samurai OG stat, i didn't say it was overpower

(Pendulum Effect) I see, thank you.

(Half-Past Samurai Ryu) Actually, I did that by my own opinion, not because you or someone else suggested me.

Archived