Pot of Patience and Witchcrafter Iloh [written]

Loleo

Pot of Patience

Quickplay Spell

Draw 1 card at the start of the next end phase. While this card is in your GY and you activate a monster effect during your opponent's MP 1: your opponent can draw a card. If this card is in your GY and your opponent activates a card effect during your MP2: add this card to your hand.

Witchcrafter Gonniloh (a play on Holiday, egg nog, and Genni)

Level 12

WIND

Spellcaster/Fusion

3 "Witchcrafter" monsters with different attributes

Unaffected by your opponent's card effects while you control another "Witchcrafter" monster. For each Wichcrafter spell you add to your hand during the endphase place 1 "brew" counters on this card (max 6). When your opponent activates a spell or monster effect: you can remove 2 "brew" counters; Negate that effect and destroy that card. At the end of each turn, remove one "Brew" counter or destroy this card.

Bonus:

Holiday Gathering

Trap

If you opponent banishes a card: you can activate this card from your hand. Reveal your opponent's hand and target one monster that can be special summoned in their hand, field, banished, and GY and roll a six-sided die; apply the appropriate effect based on the number rolled:

1: Your opponent can add one card from their deck or GY to their hand.

2: Return the targeted cards to the top of your opponent's deck, then banish the top 4 cards of your opponent's deck face up.

3: Return the targeted cards to the top of your opponent's deck, then send the top 4 cards of your opponent's deck to the GY.

4: Return the targeted cards to the top of your opponent's deck, then excavate the top 4 cards of your opponent's deck, then special summon all the revealed monsters send the remaining cards to the GY.

5: Return the targeted cards to the top of your opponent's deck, then at the start of the next phase your opponent can draw up to 4 cards.

6: Both players special summon all level 4 or lower monsters in their hand, then all monsters on the field gain 1000 ATK/DEF.

@Rayfield Lumina got some more stuff!

Pot of Patience - Holy crap, Loleo, you're freaking crafty sometimes. I'll tell you why: Nowadays, making "Pots of" cards have become kinda an art. Like, stupid Konami is set of making stuff that is weaker than the basic Pot of Greed and makes all manner of crazy somersaults all in order to keep it "balanced". Welp, your first card, Pot of Patience, is a beautiful somersault. Honestly, IDK, I LOVE that card, it's so fun! Draw card, then OMG OMG OMG I don't activate monster effects, you don't draw sucker. Ah, you activated something after I attacked? Ha! Added to hand. No-wonder-this-is-called-Patience. Nice! And combined with Protector of the Sanctuary, hohoho, merry xmas!

Genni - Hell yes, prettiest Witchcrafter gets a retain! (Waifu-admiring pause)

__witchcrafter_genni_yu_gi_oh_drawn_by_kounosu_satori__188227ad8064e684c79728ec06e43fb3.jpg4e3708b572b64ff279869613e439116e.jpg   

Ummmm... I'm wondering about the last clause, the auto-destruction. I'm in for the rest of the effect, the Spell recovery of Witchcrafter is one of the features I like the most from them, I'm just unsure if she'll have enough counters per turn to negate something + survive each turn... then there's the thing about she becoming impervious to everything, but the protection disappears if she's alone. And the negation doesn't include Traps! Shi en negates Spell/Traps for free and is much easier to summon (though Shi en can't pull it more than once) IDK, I think you could remove the autodestruction (I don't wanna see her implode, she's too cute x_x). Oh, and you missed to write the ATK/DEF!!

Holiday Gathering - Oooof, sy, you can't target cards in the hand, you must use "choose". This is problematic for the entirety of the card's wording, because you'd have to annoyingly separate stuff -thanks, Konami >:(  - so it'd be something like:

If you opponent banishes a card, you can activate this card from your hand. Reveal your opponent's hand, then either target 1 of your opponent's monsters that is on the field, GY or banished, or choose a monster in their hand, also, after that, roll a six-sided die and apply the result.

Separated. Note how first effect becomes a continuous one because that's only a condition to be able to be activated from the hand This effect doesn't activate, so I use a comma. I know you like die roll effects, so please memorize this structure: roll a six-sided die and apply the result. As simple as this. To make sure I was right: Summon Dice, but you can also find it in Crazy Box and others. If you take this way of separating the choosing from hand and targeting (as you should, sadly), I'd say wording the rest of the effects as " Return the targeted/chosen should be plenty enough.

In roll 2, you can omit the face-up of the banishing effect. Only specify face-down when it's face-down, otherwise, it is taken as face-up.

Rolls 4, 5 and 6 are crazy as hell, but well, that's what the die effects are about xD.

Oh man, now I don't know how many hints you have pending! I think 2, but let me know and I'll make the reveals for ya!

4 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Pot of Patience - Holy crap, Loleo, you're freaking crafty sometimes. I'll tell you why: Nowadays, making "Pots of" cards have become kinda an art. Like, stupid Konami is set of making stuff that is weaker than the basic Pot of Greed and makes all manner of crazy somersaults all in order to keep it "balanced". Welp, your first card, Pot of Patience, is a beautiful somersault. Honestly, IDK, I LOVE that card, it's so fun! Draw card, then OMG OMG OMG I don't activate monster effects, you don't draw sucker. Ah, you activated something after I attacked? Ha! Added to hand. No-wonder-this-is-called-Patience. Nice! And combined with Protector of the Sanctuary, hohoho, merry xmas!

even through the computer I can feel the genuine admiration thank you so much it means a lot.

Genni - Hell yes, prettiest Witchcrafter gets a retain! (Waifu-admiring pause)

I have an affinity for level and attribute variety, and I love retraining the level one monsters into absolute beasts.

__witchcrafter_genni_yu_gi_oh_drawn_by_kounosu_satori__188227ad8064e684c79728ec06e43fb3.jpg4e3708b572b64ff279869613e439116e.jpg   

Ummmm... I'm wondering about the last clause, the auto-destruction. I'm in for the rest of the effect, the Spell recovery of Witchcrafter is one of the features I like the most from them, I'm just unsure if she'll have enough counters per turn to negate something + survive each turn... then there's the thing about she becoming impervious to everything, but the protection disappears if she's alone. And the negation doesn't include Traps! Shi en negates Spell/Traps for free and is much easier to summon (though Shi en can't pull it more than once) IDK, I think you could remove the autodestruction (I don't wanna see her implode, she's too cute x_x). Oh, and you missed to write the ATK/DEF!!

Might be a case of overbalancing. I think I'll remove the Self-destruct and increase the max counters to 8. The ATK and DEF was supposed to be 2500/3100 in reference to Christmas and New Years and it is still balanced stats. With 3 now 4 almost omni-negates that destroy, Protection (unaffected!) while accompanied, and 2 nice fusion spells I'll leave it at that.

Holiday Gathering - Oooof, sy, you can't target cards in the hand, you must use "choose". This is problematic for the entirety of the card's wording, because you'd have to annoyingly separate stuff -thanks, Konami >:(  - so it'd be something like:

If you opponent banishes a card, you can activate this card from your hand. Reveal your opponent's hand, then either [you are sorely mistaken I meant each!] target 1 of your opponent's monsters that is on the field, GY or (AND!) banished, or (AND!) choose a monster in their hand, also, after that, roll a six-sided die and apply the result.

Separated. Note how first effect becomes a continuous one because that's only a condition to be able to be activated from the hand This effect doesn't activate, so I use a comma. I know you like die roll effects, so please memorize this structure: roll a six-sided die and apply the result. As simple as this. To make sure I was right: Summon Dice, but you can also find it in Crazy Box and others. If you take this way of separating the choosing from hand and targeting (as you should, sadly), I'd say wording the rest of the effects as " Return the targeted/chosen should be plenty enough.

This is something I should know by now thank you.

In roll 2, you can omit the face-up of the banishing effect. Only specify face-down when it's face-down, otherwise, it is taken as face-up. I thought if a card was face down when it was banished (or in an unknown state like the hand or deck) it was automatically banished face down?

Rolls 4, 5 and 6 are crazy as hell, but well, that's what the die effects are about xD.

Yeah!

Oh man, now I don't know how many hints you have pending! I think 2, but let me know and I'll make the reveals for ya!

I think I'm at 3 I'm just so bad at choosing!

Archived