OmegaWave's Official Movie Rating #1

OmegaWave

Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie

Ah....the 1994 classic. I recently bought a copy of "Street Fighter Anniversary Collection". One of the Special Features is a fully restored DVD version of the Street Fighter II movie. Allow me to rate this movie to the best of my ability.

Story Line

A pretty great storyline. Ryu is the wandering warrior who is striving to train 24/7. Ken is a pretty laid back rich martial artist. He has won many martial arts tournaments. Meanwhile, M. Bison (Full name is Mike Bison) is the leader of the Super Elite Terrorist group "Shadoloo" (Pronounced Shadowlaw). He has the possession of the ultimate evil energy. Which he dubbed "Psycho Power". With it, he has the ability to control people's minds. To name a few of his victims:

Cammy, Balrog, Vega, and Sagat. He also was able to take control of Ken's mind just before the final showdown. Later on in the final fight, Ken is freed of Bison's control and assists Ryu in taking down Bison once and for all. They finish him with a Double Hadouken which propels him at super fast speed into his Gigantic Jet and blows it up. Every character from Super Street Fighter II appears in the movie. Although most of them (Like Zangief and Blanka) have no purpose in the storyline what so ever.

Story Line Rating: 10/10

Voice Acting

It seriously could not get any better. The voices are incredible. There is very little to say however. You need to watch the movie for yourself to discover how great the voices are. They also cuss in the movie quite a bit.

Voice Acting Rating: 9/10

Animation

The movie's graphics and effects are awsome. The fights rival Dragonball Z in complete awsomeness. Despite being massively censored (There is a scene in Chun-Li's apartment where she is taking a shower. In the Japanese and UK releases, her bare Butt and Breasts were in full view. This scene was edited to varying degrees for the American Release), there is plenty of Blood and Violence for any avid fighting fan.

Animation Rating: 10/10

Total Rating: 9.5/10

Probably one of the most awsome Anime movies ever made. Especially considering it was made in 1994, it deserves some major credit. If you cannot find the DVD, then I suggest buying a copy of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection which contains the Movie. As well as "Street Fighter III: Third Strike" and "Hyper Street Fighter II" (A combination of all five Street Fighter II games).

Here are some things i'd like to say:

- I made this review entirely myself. No Copy and Pasting involved.

- I will be rating more movies as I see them. Most likely, my next rating will be about "Dragonball Z: The World's Strongest".

I hope everyone liked this review and hope to see more ^^

--OmegaWave

The One on the Anniversary scene was pretty goo but they left one of the best parts out.... Chun-Li in Shower NAKED!. Also the fact the fight between her and Balrog (Vega in the US) was highly edited. It was a lot more violent in the Japanese Original Release

The One on the Anniversary scene was pretty goo but they left one of the best parts out.... Chun-Li in Shower NAKED!. Also the fact the fight between her and Balrog (Vega in the US) was highly edited. It was a lot more violent in the Japanese Original Release

I mentioned that in the review. Might I add that the Vega VS Chun-Li fight music was the best in the entire movie. W00t!

Archived