Tears of a Burnt Willow [Tearalament/Predaplant/Branded][TCG May 2022]

So, this is a deck I've been working on for a while, and have since updated after the May 2022 TCG ban list. Originally I was running the Fusion Destiny core in it via Verte Anaconda, but I've since adapted with a new build now after Verte's banning.

.:Monsters 27:.
Predaplant Triantis x1
Tearalaments Shaylen x3
Fallen of Albaz x2
Staysailor Romarin x1
Tearalaments Rainoheart x1
Tearalaments Haufenis x2
Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio x3
Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra x1
Lonefire Blossom x3
Tearalaments Meiru x3
Predaplant Chlamydosundew x1
Predaplant Byblisp x3
Predaplant Bufollicula x3

.:Spells 13:.
Instant Fusion x1
Predapractice x2
Branded Fusion x3
Terraforming x1
Foolish Burial x1
Predaprime Fusion x1
Super Polymerization x2
Branded in Red x1
Pelreino, the Primal Parallel Ruined Realm x1

.:Extra Deck:.
Starving Venom Predator Fusion Dragon x1
Guardian Chimera x1
Tearalaments Kaleidoheart x1
Predaplant Trphyovertum x1
Mirrorjade the Icejade Dragon x1
Starving Venom Fusion Dragon x1
Predaplant Dragostapelia x2
Titaniklad the Ash Dragon x1
Albion the Branded Dragon x1
Predaplant Chimerafflesia x1
Starving Venemy Dragon x1
Tearalaments Kitkalos x1
Predaplant Ambulomelioides x1
Mudragon of the Swamp x1

------------------------------

So, as much of a mishmash the deck is, it's suprisingly functional. The general function of the deck is to get out Ophrys turn 1 in order to begin your combo. Normally you'd go Darlingtonia, but I've found it's much more fun to use Ophrys to bring out Chlamydosundew instead, to fuse the two into Ambulomelioides for a free search (typically Predaprime Fusion or Bufollicula/Triantis). After that Ambulo can blow itself up to bring out Darlingtonia to search Branded Fusion or Instant Fusion, depending on your need and what your hand is looking like.

If you have IF, you grab BF instead and do the usual thing, using Staysailor as your LIGHT for Albion. Staysailor mills a level 5 or lower plant when it gets dumped, making it an easy trigger for Byblisp, or just to thin your deck. You can also use Ambulomelioides for Mirrorjade in lieu of Albion, so you can use Albion later for another fusion to get its search off easier. With Mirrorjade out, you can use Instant Fusion to bring out Kitkalos, who can then search Meiru. You then use Kitkalos to blow itself up, bringing out Meiru and through both their effects mill 8.

This is very RNG heavy I know, but the results can be surprising as you can use the Tearalaments to fart out easy Dragostapelias, especially if you searched IF over BF, cause then you can use both Ambulo and Kitkalos for double Dragostapelia. Likewise the RNG may not play in your favour, so that's why Kitkalos can help to force the issue by using her to mill, alongside the single Rainoheart as well if needed.

In all, this deck is super vulnerable to hand traps, but it can do some nutty stuff. I may plan on replacing an ED card for Lubellion or maybe a second Albion, depending.

Archived