Kazuki Takahashi, the creator of Yu-Gi-Oh! has been found dead - Rest In Peace

Atypical-Abbie

Kazuki Takahashi, the creator of Yu-Gi-Oh! has been found dead. This hits like a brick, as I have been a fan and a player of the game for a long long time. He has created more joy for me than I could even begin to share, and while I know he wasn't the only one, without him there wouldn't have been such a strong and dedicated community, from kids to adults, boy and girls, no matter who you were, everyone was able to enjoy this series, and while no franchise as big as this will be the same, his influence was always there, and the impact will be felted by thousands upon thousands of people

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2022/07/07/entertainment-news/kazuo-takahashi-found-dead/

• Haha 1
  • Sad 8

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, slifer the sky magician said:

this saddens me as i am an ocg player of the game i hope the yu-gi-oh legacy will go on

He hasn't been too involved in the game in a while. He even said in an interview I saw posted after his passing, that he thought the game was too complicated after 5D's and didn't play it anymore.

Edited by Zeppeli Gyro Supreme
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

He may have died trying to save drowning swimmers. It took a while for that story update to come out. It was a little unexpected to me. I thought he was just trying to do something fun in life after having accomplished playing the first and most important role in the creation of a large card game and media franchise like Yugioh.

• Sad 2
  • Shiba Inu 1

• 4 weeks later...

The fact that he died while attempting to save someone else speaks volumes to his character, and shows that he was a true hero. A real hero isn't someone who does something because it's easy or safe, but because it's the right thing to do. Thank you again, Kazuki Takahashi, and rest in peace. I honestly get choked up every time I think about it still.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The news of Kazuki Takahashi's passing feels like a sudden and heavy blow, particularly for someone like me who has been deeply immersed in the world of Yu-Gi-Oh! for years. His creative vision has brought countless moments of joy and excitement into my life, and I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this way. Takahashi's contributions have fostered a vibrant and inclusive community that spans across ages, genders, and backgrounds. Without his innovative spirit, it's hard to imagine the same level of engagement and passion that has defined the Yu-Gi-Oh! universe. While the franchise will undoubtedly continue, his absence leaves an irreplaceable void, and his legacy will be cherished by the multitude of lives he touched.