Accesscode Talker vs Borreload Dragon

I play/have played Rokkets and I found myself in situations where I don't actually have a Rokket remaining on the field after Link Summoning to be able to self-destruct by Borreload's effect. Therefore I find myself having to play with just one Link-4 on the field, Borreload Dragon, which used to be good for longevity, since neither player can target it with monster effects, and it effectively has 3500 ATK, but now, Borreload has not been a staple for a long time, and even Dragon Link players run Accesscode Talker. 

Could anyone help me compare the merits and demerits that Borreload and Accesscode have over each other, so I can figure out whether or not I should switch?

First off it seems neither card can be looked at from a Turn 1 perspective, because Accesscode cannot yet select opposing cards to destroy, and Borreload would not have any target to switch control of.

One of the big things that keeps me holding on to my Borreload is that it can seize control of a monster stronger than Accesscode's typical 4300-5300, but if there is no such target, that means I'd just sit on its protection from monster effects from weaker monsters. Therefore Borreload should be better. Why do most deck builders appear to disagree with this viewpoint?

In favor of Accescode it requires 1 less monster so its more flexible.

Borreload is designed to deal with pseudo-tower monsters. Summoning him means you want to deal with a problem

Access is game ender, and it itself can also deal with some problem cards, in a way he does what Borreload and Borrelsword are meant to do.

Not sure if this can help but if there is space for IP Masquerena, you could make an undestructible and untargetable borrelad while at the same time thanks to its effects takes battle out of the equation. This set up can take more resources than it should though.

Archived