The Story of How Microsoft Windows became popluar and loved

The Story of How Windows Came to be our default OS on our Devices

4377.3_5F00_thumb_5F00_51161710.png.f69c6fcb6cae05614b536542dd1dcdb7.png

Once upon a time, Microsoft was thinking of a way to improve the home computer then one day an idea popped up in Bill Gates's Mind Windows. Officially on the day of November 20th 1985 Windows was born in the form of Windows 1.0 it wasn't successful at first unlike today where it is loved by many with the release of Windows 2.0 on December 9, 1987, as a successor to Windows 1.0 Windows became a bit more user friendly it's still a far cry from the Windows of today's era but that wouldn't stop the Microsoft Hype but as the Hype around Microsoft begun getting high up Steve Jobs Bill Gates's Rival the CEO of Apple Microsoft's Rival accused Microsoft of Copying Mac OS which that came from an idea from Steve Jobs visiting Xerox let's put that aside and talk about Windows the judge ruled in Microsoft's favor and nobody lost the lawsuit except Apple which that company is gonna be a recurring theme and the lawsuits and Apple suing Microsoft a couple more times... then with the next major release of Windows we got an moderately big UI revamp with the release of Windows 3.0 which aims to fix some of the problems caused by its predecessors Windows 1.0 and 2.0 it even competed with the likes of Mac OS and even Unix and it is the very first version of Windows to perform well both critically and commercially. Windows 3.1 is underrated in my opinion it's not talked about enough and it is the last Windows without the UI Pre-established UI Design of Windows 95 with its taskbar to present era of Windows but let's Continue with Windows 3.1 so may have not look so major when compared to Windows 3.0 and Windows 9.5 but it added features we see today and is still used by many the Registry Editor, Windows Media Player, Screensavers and Sound Recorder it also tweaks the UI a bit with the File Manger before being replaced with the File Explorer in Windows 95 but it is the first one to get branched out with a new kernel of it's Counterpart Windows for Workspace otherwise know as Windows NT which is still used today even in Windows 11 but they called it Windows NT 3.1 which both it and it's NT Counterpart where released somewhat close to each other Windows 3.1 on April 6, 1992 and Windows NT 3.1 on July 27, 1993 but we wouldn't get a next major release of Windows till 1995. Windows 95 the best release of Windows released up until that point and even today probably one of the biggest and most major releases of all times to the Windows Family establishing their Identity among themselves as a family it's still present in Windows 11 an OS I don't like but I'm not gonna complain right now and established them selves as the Superior Products for Computers Windows and Microsoft had it all to the point where they where starting to get greedy and use their power for evil this is the true Microsoft horror man 90's, 2000's, and Early 2010's Microsoft where ruthless before 2014 and 2015 but this is where Microsoft would start getting sued by the US Government for Microsoft being an unfair bully picking on the smaller companies as if they where little kids that needed to be bullied on the playgrounds of Microsoft, With Netscape Microsoft saw that as a threat to their company and they wanted it all they started bundling Internet Explorer for free on Windows 95 yeah free internet browser right no everyone where angry by this decision by Microsoft and they where gain power over the Internet Browsers and Desktop Spaces also where dodging fees from the collage who created the engine Internet Explorer used which Netscape shares Microsoft had it all before the lawsuits and them potentially getting their company split in half in between the late 90's and up till 2003 and Apple around this time got back Steve Jobs and he wanted to sue Bill Gates for copying Quick Time from the Mac and adding some of that code to Windows's Media Player and Bill Gates Threatened to remove Microsoft Office off the Mac and Steve Jobs quickly changed his mind and both came up with a deal. In 1998 We got the release of Windows 98 not a major version per say but it did bring some small improvements to the Desktop and should I even talk about Windows 98 SE its great and all I just don't have nothing to talk about aside from minor improvements on the OS and that Microsoft lied! they said Windows 98 SE was the last Windows 9X system/OS to use some code from the MS-Dos code base *Sigh* Do I have to even talk about this one aside from Windows 11 fine... Windows ME you little bastard it removed real mode Dos saying that it would make the OS faster but Windows ME was the most unstable Windows OS in history aside from Windows 11 okay I'll stop with the Windows 11 jokes BSOD every time you left it by itself I guess Windows ME can't be trusted not to crash or Blue Screen of Death lol.... and it was released after Windows 2000 on September 14, 2000 and it's NT based sibling Windows 2000 was more stable and something that even Home consumers where batting their eyes at over Windows ME and plus I don't blame but that did screw People over because the next best version of Windows was almost released but I guess it was the 2000's and speaking of that Windows 2000 was released on February 17, 2000. This is my favorite operating system and its like by many people and they would never let go of it even after releasing like what now 5 other OSes in the family now this is where it gets interesting now we have a Windows NT product for the Customers Windows XP which released in October 25, 2001 it brought UI themes to the OS for the first time with Luna theme and just look at that iconic bliss wallpaper it people still like using it to beat up modern versions of Windows like Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and my most Hated but deserved Windows 11. Then came the Release of Windows Vista its development cycle as long horn had a huge reset it is hated or people love to hate on it by I'm in Defense for Vista it's a really good OS when you install both of its Services Packs and even in mid-2008 Microsoft with the Mojave Experiment Microsoft gather people in a room to test Windows Vista but they all thought it was an upcoming version of Windows but it was Vista with SP2 Microsoft cherry-picked some of the reactions but this still didn't change a lot of people's mind about Windows Vista it had a lot going against it like the Get a Mac Campaign and it was released on January 30, 2007 this still didn't help at all cause a lot of hardware at the time either cannot run it or was super slow and cannot use Aero Glass Microsoft didn't let that get in their way as they where optimistic to replace Windows XP but Windows Vista was not helped one bit when Microsoft decided to release Windows 7 on October 22, 2009 but still Windows Vista had a very Pretty UI with a lot a good features introduced and even Windows 7 decided that Windows Vista UI was pretty enough to reuse a lot of those UI even the Taskbar became Glass like in Windows 7 but too bad it had a bad reputation unlike a certain Windows OS I despise which came out in 2021 and deserves all the HATE it gets, then we have Windows 7 which brought some new features and refinements to the Desktop and this was the last good version of Windows we ever got. Then comes Windows 8 and beyond this point we from here on out no matter what Microsoft says... Modern Windows post Windows 7 is either bad or really mediocre cause of their UI, and they are not excursively fit for Desktop users anymore now it's about Touch Screens and Mobile interfaces with programs or types of non-Win 32 programs like Metro, or UWP this makes it so it doesn't apply to Desktop users anymore, it's really bad in Windows 10 since you have duplicates of programs but where talking about Windows 8 which has to be one of Microsoft's worst release of all times and Windows 8 was released on October 26, 2012 but it was worse then Vista any version of Windows that came out here on out is worse now okay it focused on Tablets and Touch Screens which really didn't go well when Microsoft removed the Start Button from the taskbar and especially the iconic Start Menu we had since Windows 95 for goddammit and the flat UI didn't help either!... but no they made a lot of mistakes and wanted to fix Windows 8 with the release Windows 8.1 on October 18, 2013 which is better don't get me wrong but people weren't taking it when they choose to stick to Windows XP, Vista, and 7 well at least we have the return of the start button and you can chose for it to default to the Desktop rather then that stupid Start Screen that's nice but not good enough, I have a sad story for you Windows XP 1 year after the release Windows 8.1 and 1 year before the release Windows 10 Windows XP lost support on April 8, 2014 which sucked a lot :( but then it happened we got replacement for Windows 8 and 8.1 and everybody was happy with the release Windows 10 on July 29, 2015 we got the Start Menu back for once and Microsoft said they merged the interfaces of Windows 7 and Windows 8 for the best of both worlds that worked somewhat for Desktop users but People started to hate Windows 10 I'm not one of those people this is the most conversational release yet at the time... users said it spies on it's users and others reportedly had their Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 computers upgrade to Windows 10 without their consent Microsoft didn't ask they just did it and the worst part is and the worst part bloatware and ads that came preinstalled with the OS if you removed a game oh I don't know like Candy Crush for Example it would end up coming back in an update oh speaking of the devil updates they where the worst because users cannot decline the update those updates where forced updates many of which in the past broke a lot of people's computers and then the October 2018 update happen which there was a bug that deleted all the personal flies and install programs of a lot of people's then people got really mad a Microsoft some wanting to switch to Linux or downgrade to an older version of Windows such as 8.1 or 7, then speaking of Windows 7 Microsoft ended support for Windows 7 the second best version of Windows ever in January 14, 2020 people really didn't like that so either choose to stay on Windows 7 despite not having updates to keep the OS Secure or some people begrudgingly upgrade to Windows 10 despite not liking it or a smaller group of people moved to Linux despite that Windows 10 got better and matured quite a lot since the end of support for Windows 7 came and they continued to release updates we have got at least 3 version updates of Windows 10 before Windows 11 was announced or even leaked 20H1, 20H2, and 21H1 and a lot of people grew citrous about Windows 11 when it got leaked but a lot of people started to either make fun of it's UI or get very upset like WTF Microsoft why would you make a piece of shit like Windows 11 it's the shittiest thing I've ever seen in my life I would rather eat rotten eats then use the shitty this shitty version of Windows the UI move both the start button and start menu to the center of the F***ing taskbar I hate it's UI it's less customizable then Windows 10 and a lot of people agree with me that Windows 11 sucks after Windows 11 was released on October 5, 2021 Microsoft gave Windows 10 a 21H2 update it was rather small but I don't think Microsoft celebrated Windows XP 2oth Birthday that is how F***ing bad Windows 11 is and how much I hate that OS and now both Windows 10 and 11 got a 22H2 update but I will say this Windows 11 is still F***ing terrible. Bonus Metro Apps are Windows 8 Programs that open up in full screen they also have a nice animation when lunched unlike their UWP counterpart in Windows 10 which has worst animations compared to Windows 8's Metro I really hate Windows 10's UWP Apps cause you can only have one of them open at a time you can't create a new windows of them compared to Win 32 Programs and they don't even have tabs they are not good to navigate though it sucks a lot they've kinda fixed this with the OS I really hate Windows 11 even that still sucks compared to Control Panel.

Images of each Window OS:

image.png.10b153da8c901a6fde64e654868bd4de.png

Windows 1.0 the very first to ever be released

image.png.f53474d97e0f426b2f8de635dc71f031.png

Windows 2.0

image.png.162fddc63864d957ff985b6700b7f591.png

Windows 3.0

image.png

Windows 3.1

image.png.a045aea32e177aa01363662c1fdd7f72.png

Windows 3.1 NT version

image.png.66efa7943479e1f65684904c17a00888.png

Windows 95

image.png.03e385269eb776c5a8a10051b3dd718e.png

Windows 98

image.png.80ed50c1ea0b58eb519eb91b4d21be26.png

Windows ME more like Windows Meh I'm I right...?

image.png.de68d36a6bd71bbe41c1f65a6deede75.png

Windows 2000

image.png.e919f45d878af68644e0773edae0fb80.png

Windows XP Best version of Windows

image.png.133c915e82e0fd9f68dd75bed5d91f7a.png

Windows Vista You know what it's really misunderstood

image.png.b918efdf0b23d5e37a4f7308d3dc6760.png

Windows 7 My Favorite Version of Windows and OS of all times

image.png.8d77cb2c6ca11d9eb2245c2ec0fd0cce.png

Windows 8

image.png.ddbbe88abbf5662c5389360bc169ce52.png

Windows 8.1

image.thumb.png.b61150e9badbb40073a26b5193ff0cf8.png

Windows 10 RTM original version from 2015

image.png.88a0edcbe7170994942ff3cfe69fb1a8.png

Windows 10 newer build 1903 and later this images details 22H2 Update

image.png.ee17e4d93538b5c18e5dc75afb0db55f.png

Windows 11 FUCK THIS OS I HATE IT! Its a Worst Vista

Sources where I got this information from:

image.png.5d39db73dfd0d9209b3f2ac63fa1b06a.png Michael MJD Video's about the Development History and End of Support Retrospective about the Windows Family

image.png.e56302f3117093822a90f6b552e4e5c1.png History and Retrospective of the Windows Family from NationSquid

image.png.5f9664b9bcd7b8e36bc0b5131e8b78ae.png History, Compressions, and Evolution of Windows by Noble Tech

Big Thanks to and Credit goes to:
Wikipedia
Nation Squid (You Tube)
Michael MJD (You Tube)
Noble Tech (You Tube)
Windows Team
Microsoft

Alrighty then... phew, that's quite the tale. So, Steve Jobs and Bill Gates were at each other's throats all the time eh? You kinda make it sound that it was only Jobs on the offensive but I imagine Gates wasn't all too innocent lol. That part about forced ads and the return of uninstalled games is truly nasty business. I never had such an experience, thankfully.

I can't really opine about each OS. As I've explained multiple times, I barely know about computing and haven't used many different OSs, mostly WIndows 7,XP,  Linux Mint and this disastrous Chrome. You asked for my opinion (pretty poor is you ask me, hehe n.n´). What I definitely suggest for future essays is to be very careful of punctuation. There's barely no period at all in the entire story. It's a single, uninterrupted wall of text, so I friendly invite you to keep that in mind, because as it is it's a little hard on the reader. What I can praise is that your words clearly conveys your passion for the topic, and the hard work you put into this, bringing us so many images and links, and went as far as crediting sources. Thanks for sharing this.

P.D. I laughed at the part that says the devs turned evil and greedy, because yeah, that's the definition of Microsoft, lol.

P.D. 2 Pls don't include your swearing in your essays xD

6 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Alrighty then... phew, that's quite the tale. So, Steve Jobs and Bill Gates were at each other's throats all the time eh? You kinda make it sound that it was only Jobs on the offensive but I imagine Gates wasn't all too innocent lol. That part about forced ads and the return of uninstalled games is truly nasty business. I never had such an experience, thankfully.

I can't really opine about each OS. As I've explained multiple times, I barely know about computing and haven't used many different OSs, mostly WIndows 7,XP,  Linux Mint and this disastrous Chrome. You asked for my opinion (pretty poor is you ask me, hehe n.n´). What I definitely suggest for future essays is to be very careful of punctuation. There's barely no period at all in the entire story. It's a single, uninterrupted wall of text, so I friendly invite you to keep that in mind, because as it is it's a little hard on the reader. What I can praise is that your words clearly conveys your passion for the topic, and the hard work you put into this, bringing us so many images and links, and went as far as crediting sources. Thanks for sharing this.

P.D. I laughed at the part that says the devs turned evil and greedy, because yeah, that's the definition of Microsoft, lol.

P.D. 2 Pls don't include your swearing in your essays xD

Yes Both Bill Gates and Steve Jobs rivaled each other. Yeah Bill Gates did bad stuff and Jobs only tried to proctect his products I don't blame him on wanting to sue Gates because Bill Gates copied Quick Time the one Steve Jobs made and with the prantner company and he choose to steal it from Jobs.

Oh yeah thanks for reviewing it can you please help me fix it up?

Yeah Microsoft us kinda evil.

@Rayfield Lumina I got 1 of the 90's 2000's Microsoft Monopoly Era Video from MJD about Microsoft Saving Apple or did they do it to look god aganist the Anti trust law suit?

12 minutes ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Oh yeah thanks for reviewing it can you please help me fix it up?

I could try... let's see... what I think would help a lot is if you imagine yourself talking about this with another person. Re-read it, but think that you're in an actual conversation, yes? Given how the story is redacted right now, it's almost a non stop... litany of sorts. As you read you will realize there are points in which you have to stop because what comes next is either a complement of an idea, or is fully in another train of thought. It's in those times that you have to learn to identify where you use periods so there are pauses and let the reader intake what you're telling little by little. Umm... I'm no expert at this, but that's a big leap forward

Just now, Rayfield Lumina said:

I could try... let's see... what I think would help a lot is if you imagine yourself talking about this with another person. Re-read it, but think that you're in an actual conversation, yes? Given how the story is redacted right now, it's almost a non stop... litany of sorts. As you read you will realize there are points in which you have to stop because what comes next either a complement of an idea, or is fully in another train. It's in those time that you have to learn to identify where you use periods so there are pauses and let the reader intake what you're telling little by little. Umm... I'm no expert at this, but that's a big leap forward

Also Thanks for looking at my story and giving me your thoughts on and being so kind.

Thanks @Rayfield Lumina Do you also want another of the antitrust Microsoft Era videos will you watch them later?

Archived