Kamikazi Owl

Horu

Kamikazi Owl

Wind

Winged Beast / Effect

Lv1

100/100

After damage calculation, if this card attacked and was destroyed by battle: Switch the monster that destroyed this card to face-up Defense Position, also negate its effects. Once per turn, during your next Standby Phase , if this card was destroyed by battle and sent to the GY: You can Special Summon this card, and if you do, draw 1 card.

Kamikazi(e) Owl

After damage calculation, if this card attacked and was destroyed by battle: Switch the monster that destroyed this card to face-up Defense Position, also negate its effects. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, if this card is in your GY: You can Special Summon this card, and if you do, draw 1 card.

Welp, I did what I could to fix the PSCT (as I always say, effects that happen during the Battle Phase aren't exactly my forte, but I believe this is ok). Tbh the bullets are innecessary in this card. They're normally used to list a series of options, or a couple of effects that share a clause. These are pretty much individual effects, so you can simply redact them one after the other.

The card is... welp, pretty damn stronk. It doesn't necessarily have to pass through the first effect to apply the second, there should be plenty of cards to dump this fella into the GY and do its magic, working as a much needed +1 for the required Synchro, and an easy material for Rank 1 and Link 1 generic-requirement Extra Deck mons. I'm unsure, but probably this effect itself, which seems kinda innocent, is enough to break the card xD.

10 minutes ago, Horu said:

That may be true. I'll see what I can do about that in a refined version.

Hopefully that edit will tie the whole effect together then?

It's looking better now, however the more I think about the second effect, the more I'm convinced it's got to be nerfed. There's a simple reason for this. Do you remember the original Sinister Serpent, before the errata? The effect was:

During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can return it to your hand.

And this thing was banned to hell for years. The second effect is a direct buff from that effect, as the card is not just returned to hand, it is Special Summoned and you draw a card! So, considering an official card that is clearly inferior was banned, then it means this one would be killed as well. Probably, and while it doesn't fit with the IRL happening that inspired this card, a clause such as this is required:

After damage calculation, if this card attacked and was destroyed by battle: Switch the monster that destroyed this card to face-up Defense Position, also negate its effects. During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your GY: You can Special Summon this card, but banish this card when it leaves the field. You can only use this effect of "Kamikaze Owl" once per turn.

Final clause to avoid copies of it getting Special Summoned in the same turn, and after deliberating a bit, I ended up deleting the draw part, because as I already explained, just the Special Summon vs the return to hand puts the card in an advantage vs a card that was banned. Also thing of Glow-Up Bulb. It's only once per Duel (though Tuner, of course).

Archived