Vanishing Coyote

Horu

16 hours ago, Horu said:

It's somewhat based on Native American superstition that if a coyote appears to you, somebody is trying to deceive you. Hence why it "clears up some deception".

Alrighty with the lore but Vanessa is right. Not only the card's effect is weak, but the fact its Spirit adds to the problem, and this is without considering the 0/0. Since you're pretty much losing your Normal Summon in favor of bringing this guy to the field, I'd go as far as letting you reveal all face-down cards your opponent controls (yes, that radical), because otherwise I don't see justification to run the card.

On 11/21/2022 at 1:55 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Alrighty with the lore but Vanessa is right. Not only the card's effect is weak, but the fact its Spirit adds to the problem, and this is without considering the 0/0. Since you're pretty much losing your Normal Summon in favor of bringing this guy to the field, I'd go as far as letting you reveal all face-down cards your opponent controls (yes, that radical), because otherwise I don't see justification to run the card.

I agree its a little weak... how about you can Special Summon it from your hand if your opponent controls a set card (there has to be something to clear, maybe add bonus cost of revealing your hand), it cannot be used as material (since it is vanishing), it reveals a number of set cards up to the number of spirits you control, and you can draw a card if it returned to you hand (good luck after revealing misfortune). Keep the stat line and its great!

21 hours ago, Loleo said:

I agree its a little weak... how about you can Special Summon it from your hand if your opponent controls a set card (there has to be something to clear, maybe add bonus cost of revealing your hand), it cannot be used as material (since it is vanishing), it reveals a number of set cards up to the number of spirits you control, and you can draw a card if it returned to you hand (good luck after revealing misfortune). Keep the stat line and its great!

However, Horu stated that this card has the "generic Spirit Monster effect text". Which he didn't add because Horu is lazy as heck xD. Yep, I'm aware there's the Martial Art Spirit guys, but he said "the generic" so rip Special Summons xD. Thankfully, there's another path we can take:

If your opponent controls a Set card: You can reveal this card in your hand, and if you do, you can Normal Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Spirit monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

And ta-dah!

Archived