The Errata Game

Phantasm12778

The Ruuuuuuuuuuuules are simple, take a card thats infamous for being broken or hilariously bad and change the effect to do one of two things based on what you pick

1. Make it so it can be unbanned if it is banned or taken off the list entirely if its on the Forbidden/Limited List

2. Make it super strong enough to make it playable

People can't use the same card that someone else used otherwise I think I know what card would be posted most. And I'll go first to Steal My Pick

My Pick: Maxx "C" 

During either player's turn: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard; this turn, each time your opponent Special Summons a monster(s), immediately draw 1 card. You can only use 1 "Maxx "C" per duel. This card must be the only card in your hand for you to activate and resolve this effect.

Anyone who gets the Youtube Reference gets bonus points

44 minutes ago, Problamatico said:

I actually did one for Pot of Greed a while ago to make it more lore accurate so I'll put it here.

My pick: Pot of Greed

Add 2 cards from your deck to your hand. During the End Phase, either banish your entire hand face down or pay half your LP.

Tbh, I doubt that changes it due to Gren Maju Decks and Necroface...although it does limit it to maybe be on the limited list. If only at 1 copy so people can draw 2 cards then pay half their LP unless its the Gren Maju Beatdown

But I like the change regardless as Aromage, one of my favorite decks doesn't care about the LP paying, but they are also mighty weak. So in conclusion, an awesome change

3 hours ago, Phantasm12778 said:

Tbh, I doubt that changes it due to Gren Maju Decks and Necroface...although it does limit it to maybe be on the limited list. If only at 1 copy so people can draw 2 cards then pay half their LP unless its the Gren Maju Beatdown

But I like the change regardless as Aromage, one of my favorite decks doesn't care about the LP paying, but they are also mighty weak. So in conclusion, an awesome change

Thanks, but it's actually more powerful given that you can add instead of draw, since adding allows you to pull any card from the deck. But now that I think about it, I should errata this again because it doesn't say anything about shuffling after. 

Lucky punch:

TERRIBLE CARD

Original effect:once per turn, when an opponents monster declares an attack you can toss a coin 3 times. if the Result is 3 heads, Draw 3 cards. if its 3 tails, destroy this card.When this face up card is destroyed, You take 6000 points of damage.

MY effect:Once per turn, When an opponents monster declares an attack you can Toss a coin 3 times, If the result is 3 heads, Draw 3 cards and destroy the attacking monster.If the Result is 3 tails, You take 2000 points of damage and this card is banished.

I highlited the diffrent effects.

Shiens Spy

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS CARD IS USEFUL(unless your playing with my Creepzoid archetype)

original effect:Select one face up monster on your field to activate this card. until the end phase of this turn, shift control of that monster.

My effect:Select one of your opponents face up spell, trap, or monster cards. until the end phase of this turn, You control that card. you must pay 200 life points to activate this card.

I did the old switcheroo.

Thunder Dragon Colossus

"Thunder Dragon" + 1 Thunder monster
Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned during the turn a Thunder monster's effect was activated in the hand, by Tributing 1 Thunder Effect non-Fusion Monster (in which case you do not use "Polymerization"). While you control this face-up Fusion Summoned card, cards cannot be added from the Main Deck to your opponent's hand except by drawing them. If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can banish 1 Thunder monster from your GY instead. You can only activate this effect of "Thunder Dragon Colossus" once per turn.

Thoughts?

Archived