[AC23] Colourless, Chaos King of Dark World

https://ygorganization.com/escapetherealofthejunkyard/

image.png.a7cf4dfb616cecc27716b9164c4371de.png

AC03-JP004 暗黒界の混沌王カラレス Ankokukai no Konton’oh Colorless (Colorless, Chaos King of Dark World)
Level 12/DARK/Fiend/Fusion/Effect
“Reign-Beaux, Overlord of Dark World” + 2+ Fiend monsters
(1) If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can destroy all cards your opponent controls.
(2) This card’s original ATK/DEF become the number of Fusion Materials used for its Summon x 1000.
(3) Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up card you control; discard 1 card, and if you do, your opponent cannot target the targeted face-up card with card effects this turn.
?/?

This is...weird. The fact it can use any number of fiends as fusion means you can discard 4 Dark World monsters with accession for their effects, and get a nuke with 4k stats. You can also super poly your opponent's whole board away provided you have reignbeaux on the field and that they control fiend monsters. Reignbeaux isn't even a bad card, it's a nuke and with the new support it's pretty easy to trigger.

On the other hand, quick effect target protection makes no sense since your opponent can just target in response your protection. And that's it, a nuke and mediocre protection. Is that really the best they could come up with for what is supposed to be the ultimate dark world boss?

So I'm conflicted, the material requirements let's you go crazy with accession or super poly, but the on field effect is so underwhelming. I think it's still worth running just for the ability to discard your whole hand with accession and not requiring grapha so you now have 4 monsters that get you material instead of 3. Now you're more likely to be able to fusion summon at least something.

18 hours ago, KH911 said:

This is...weird. The fact it can use any number of fiends as fusion means you can discard 4 Dark World monsters with accession for their effects, and get a nuke with 4k stats. You can also super poly your opponent's whole board away provided you have Reign-Beaux on the field and that they control fiend monsters. Reign-Beaux isn't even a bad card, it's a nuke and with the new support it's pretty easy to trigger.

On the other hand, quick effect target protection makes no sense since your opponent can just target in response your protection. And that's it, a nuke and mediocre protection. Is that really the best they could come up with for what is supposed to be the ultimate dark world boss?

So I'm conflicted, the material requirements let's you go crazy with accession or super poly, but the on field effect is so underwhelming. I think it's still worth running just for the ability to discard your whole hand with accession and not requiring grapha so you now have 4 monsters that get you material instead of 3. Now you're more likely to be able to fusion summon at least something.

Funny you should mention Super Poly because it made me come to a realisation regarding the material requirement. I rewatched Episode 136 of GX earlier, and when Brron went to try and summon this using Super Poly (unable to because Syrus went awol), Jaden had two Fiend-type tokens on the board. Prior to this, I wondered why it also needed 2+ Fiends.

With regards to its effect, true they could've done more, but at least it isn't another boss with an omni-negate tacked onto it

I agree that at least it isn't another omni-negate, to me that's such boring, lazy boss design. But I was hoping colorless would be an engine. The kind of monster who stays on the field to generate card advantage over time. Like a "if this card would be destroyed, discard a card instead. When you discard a card, draw 1." Or a "once per turn (Quick effect), add a Dark World card and discard". Dark World already has so much removal, a nuke was not the right choice.

Archived