[DUNE] Magicians of Bonds and Unity

https://ygorganization.com/quartercentury/

image.png.80c6323f782416e4936ca17118b1d43c.png

DUNE-JP000 Kessoku to Kizuna no Magician (Magicians of Bonds and Unity)
Level 8/LIGHT/Spellcaster/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having 25 or more cards in your GY.
(1) Gains 2500 ATK/DEF while your opponent has 25 or more cards in their GY.
2500/2500

Yea this is just a funny "Oh we put the number 25 in every part of the effect because 25th anniversary" joke, but I find it interesting that it has "Special summon" as a typing. I hope they do this for all monsters to clarify the difference between an activated effect to summon and an inherent special summon.

2 hours ago, KH911 said:

Yeah, this is just a funny "Oh we put the number 25 in every part of the effect because 25th anniversary" joke, but I find it interesting that it has "Special summon" as a typing. I hope they do this for all monsters to clarify the difference between an activated effect to summon and an inherent special summon.

In the OCG they've done this for some time, but it hasn't been adopted by the TCG for some reason.

Anywho, the jury's out on whether this'll be in DUNE for us in the TCG or if they'll do what they did with 10K Dragon (which was in IGAS OCG-side, but pulled from our set), and put it in a different product as a hard to pull 25th rare.

Edited by ~British Soul~

4 hours ago, ~British Soul~ said:

In the OCG they've done this for some time, but it hasn't been adopted by the TCG for some reason.

Anywho, the jury's out on whether this'll be in DUNE for us in the TCG or if they'll do what they did with 10K Dragon (which was in IGAS OCG-side, but pulled from our set), and put it in a different product as a hard to pull 25th rare.

This card is kinda hard to summon it reminds me of Terra that inferiod Level 11 Monster but it takes 10 cards

4 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

This card is kinda hard to summon, it reminds me of Tierra, that Infernoid level 11 monster, but it takes 10 cards.

Reading this post, I'm pretty sure there was no need to quote the above post. Also, the Tierra you're referring to is "Tierra Source of Destruction", not to be confused with Infernoid Tierra the fusion monster.

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2023 at 11:07 PM, ~British Soul~ said:

This aged terribly given it's now confirmed (via Jerome McHale) that the TCG will get this in DUNE AND the three core sets following it (AGOV and the two after that) as 25th Quarter Century ScR (alongside the Ultras and Secrets which make up the other 24) and each iteration will have a different coloured background to differentiate the different printings, so we can assume this'll be the case for the OCG as well.

Edited by ~British Soul~