Outstanding Dog Marlin

spixi

Outstanding Dog Marlin

LIGHT Beast/Ritual/Effect

Level 1, ATK/DEF 100/100

(Quick Effect): You can reveal this card in your hand; use this effect to Ritual Summon this card, you must also Tribute another monster (except a Token) that has a Level from your hand or field and if you do, shuffle that monster into its owner's Deck. When this Ritual Summoned card is sent to your GY: Shuffle it into your Deck.

a091e44ab517.jpg

This card is designed to shuffle one of your monster cards back into your deck, e. g. when it is targeted by a card effect or an attack. It should complete the Outstanding Dog series. But I'm a bit afraid about possible endless loops with this cards, so I would be happy, if you can give me some feedback, if this card would work. Thank you!

Edited by spixi
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

If you are concerned about loops, then you can start with giving this a hard OPT.

Anyway, it's an strange card, IMO. You explained its purpose and yet... I cannot think atm of any Deck that may want to self-spin its own monsters to keep them in the Deck rather than the GY, banished, etc. I guess it is amusing with Serpentine Princess xD

On 8/15/2023 at 6:07 PM, Darj said:

If you are concerned about loops, then you can start with giving this a hard OPT.

Anyway, it's an strange card, IMO. You explained its purpose and yet... I cannot think atm of any Deck that may want to self-spin its own monsters to keep them in the Deck rather than the GY, banished, etc. I guess it is amusing with Serpentine Princess xD

I was aware about cards like Serpentine Princess. That is the reason, why I made this card a Ritual monster.

Ritual Monster that can R. Summoned itself, interesting. My version.

OutstandingDogMarlin.thumb.jpeg.0333fedf30ce30dabe4e5f4c7656e3c3.jpeg

Outstanding Dog Marlin [LIGHT]

Level 6/Beast/Ritual/Effect

(2400/1300)

You can Ritual Summon this card by its own effect. You can target 2+ monsters on the field, except token (if your opponent control more monster than you, you can also target 1 monster your opponent control instead) whose total Levels exactly equal to this card; shuffle the targeted monsters into it's owner Deck/Extra Deck, then Ritual Summoned this card from your hand. If this card leaves the field by your opponent card's; you can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower monster from your Deck. Monster Special Summoned by this effect gain 1000 ATK. You can only used each effect of "Outstanding Dog Marlin" once per turn.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/29/2024 at 4:32 PM, Yuma Kaiba said:

Ritual Monster that can R. Summoned itself, interesting. My version.

Outstanding Dog Marlin [LIGHT]

Level 6/Beast/Ritual/Effect

(2400/1300)

You can Ritual Summon this card by its own effect. You can target 2+ monsters on the field, except token (if your opponent control more monster than you, you can also target 1 monster your opponent control instead) whose total Levels exactly equal to this card; shuffle the targeted monsters into it's owner Deck/Extra Deck, then Ritual Summoned this card from your hand. If this card leaves the field by your opponent card's; you can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower monster from your Deck. Monster Special Summoned by this effect gain 1000 ATK. You can only used each effect of "Outstanding Dog Marlin" once per turn.

A level sum of exactly 6 is hard. You also do not have to mention the Extra Deck, because Extra Deck monsters always return to the Extra Deck, when they are returned to the Hand or Deck. The "instead" is unclear here. Can you bounce a Level 6 monster with that effect? Can you target a Link / Xyz monster and a monster with Level 6? This would be weird. Normally, you cannot use Link or Xyz monsters as Ritual materials, because they have no Level.

Edited by spixi

On 4/8/2024 at 4:51 AM, spixi said:

Can you target a Link / Xyz monster and a monster with Level 6? This would be weird. Normally, you cannot use Link or Xyz monsters as Ritual materials, because they have no Level.

I think every single of person/player playing Yu-Gi-Oh already know, if Link and Xyz not have a Level. It's basic.