Just Casually making new Fl(uffal).E(dge)I(mp).Fr(ightfur) Archtype support

Drake Finley

Note This is my first time making Actual Card Concepts, if the artwork/effects needs to be changed let me know

This is also for a Fanmade Set Called: Store Of Frightening Dimensions

Also thanks for @Rongaulius for Frightfur Wyvren and helping with the support erratas

FrightfurWyvern(5).thumb.jpeg.a2840e427eb4c27cf86d6bfe4d8273d3.jpegEdgeImpThumbtack(7).thumb.jpeg.54964c5d96f1721c70c6ce973f42af2d.jpegFrightfurFallenWings(6).thumb.jpeg.0fe09bad549a8e2a68730a12190a113a.jpegFluffalPatchedDragon(9).thumb.jpeg.07e0e4794df033301bd988d091804d1d.jpegFrightfurE-Fish-ent(1).thumb.jpeg.1599c29fe2e5d6dbe79779d78b36889f.jpegFrightfurSacrificialKit(1).thumb.jpeg.af34178199aafedf712fcec526184c46.jpegFrightfurMagician.thumb.jpeg.1128ea9ec53a4a87141054c8fe6cac36.jpegEdgeImpMace(3).thumb.jpeg.f22fc52e23d0815d24e115834da8ea50.jpeg

Change Notes:

10/4

1 Changing Card Order 

2 Frightfur Fallen Wings Errata("While equipped to a monster by it's effect, this card can't be destroyed by card effects")

3 Fixing Duplicate

4  Frightfur Fallen Wings Wording(If this card's equipped target by it's effect were to unequip(not directly destroyed) the card)

5 The Change Note Order, and adding the "Change Notes" to the Reason To Edit

6 Changing Edge Imp Thumbtacks Actual Defense(Was 0)

7 Fixed a woopsie with Edge Imp Thumbtack(the or for the "Frightfur Extra Deck monster thing was an and)

10/5

1 Fixed Frightfur Fallen Wings AGAIN (sent to the GY, instead it said destroyed)

2 Fixed Title, as I'm dumping ALL of future support to here

3 New Card, Fluffal Patched Dragon

4 New Card Added Frightfur E-Fish

5 Edge Imp Thumbtack and Fluffal Patched Dragon Erratas(Edge Imp Thumbtack is now a substitute for a material for any extra deck summoning for a Frightfur monster. Fluffal Patched Dragon is now treated as a Frightfur Monster

10/6

Fixed Fluffal Patched Dragon Spelling Error(Diffusion Wave Motion is now Diffusion Wave-motion)

Added Frightfur Sacrificial Kit and Frightfur Magician

10/9

Added Edge Imp Mace

10/10

Added actual restrictions on Edge Imp Mace's Effect

10/16

Re-Worked Some Stuff

10/24

All Officially Effect Monsters

10/27

Erratad Thumbtack to make it more obvious that the effect is for the  turn you did this, ONLY, and you can't use it to combo with the Summon Effect

10/30 Added Frightfur Wyvern, and Changed Fluffal Dragon

Edited by Drake Finley
The Change Notes

21 hours ago, Drake Finley said:

Note This is my first time making Actual Card Concepts, if the artwork/effects needs to be changed let me know

EdgeImpThumbtack(2).thumb.jpeg.fbe42449b1b56f501bd372c4c37792b2.jpegFrightfurFallenWings(4).thumb.jpeg.7020300c29d3db0d637407f7444d14ae.jpeg

Change Notes:

10/4

1 Changing Card Order 

2 Frightfur Fallen Wings Errata("While equipped to a monster by it's effect, this card can't be destroyed by card effects")

3 Fixing Duplicate

4  Frightfur Fallen Wings Wording(If this card's equipped target by it's effect were to unequip(not directly destroyed) the card)

5 The Change Note Order, and adding the "Change Notes" to the Reason To Edit

6 Changing Edge Imp Thumbtacks Actual Defense(Was 0)

7 Fixed a woopsie with Edge Imp Thumbtack(the or for the "Frightfur Extra Deck monster thing was an and)

10/5

1 Fixed Frightfur Fallen Wings AGAIN (sent to the GY, instead it said destroyed)

Wow...pretty cool!

Never mind the fact that Frightfur is a Fusion based Archetype, but this is genius

• Drake Finley changed the title to Just Casually making new Fl(uffal).E(dge)I(mp).Fr(ightfur) Archtype support

A lot to unpack here.  Initial impression is...that's a LOT of text.  Two things to keep in mind when designing cards: #1 is that the most powerful card in the game, Pot of Greed, has only three words and one effect.  #2 is that your Deck needs a minimum of 40 cards.  The temptation to make cards that can do everything is strong, but should generally be avoided. Two or three good cards with a couple good effects apiece is better than one card with four powerful effects; you have more consistency and thus a higher power level overall.  And it's more fun to play and play against.

Two effects is good for a monster card, and three is a lot.  Beyond that and you're in Nirvana High Paladin territory. For boss monsters it's more understandable, but for low-level main-deck monsters, particularly tuners, usually two effects is the most you'll see. 

On to the cards at hand.  Starting from the top, with Edge Imp Thumbtack.

The first effect is something the Fluffal Deck could definitely use. The second effect is very strong.  It does lose to negation, but it's a 1-card Fusion or Synchro combo. That sort of effect is immensely powerful, so much so that this one should probably be tied to the Normal Summon and require a discard to activate. It's just too much advantage for free.

The protection effect is a bit much, to me.  Turning that Fusion or Synchro monster into Towers for a turn is overkill. If anything, I'd suggest some effect that grants you more advantage if that monster leaves the field from an opponent's card effect, such as drawing a card, setting an archetype Spell or Trap card from your Deck, burn damage, etc...

The final effect to inflict 300 damage is probably never going to go off.  This is a card that won't be staying on the field long enough to be destroyed, and if it is, you're losing badly and 300 damage won't help you. If you're winning, this card isn't on the field so it'll never get destroyed, so you'll never use that 300 damage anyway. The card doesn't need this effect to be strong, and all it does is add more text for an effect that doesn't help the strategy and will likely never be used.

24 minutes ago, Rongaulius said:

A lot to unpack here.  Initial impression is...that's a LOT of text.  Two things to keep in mind when designing cards: #1 is that the most powerful card in the game, Pot of Greed, has only three words and one effect.  #2 is that your Deck needs a minimum of 40 cards.  The temptation to make cards that can do everything is strong, but should generally be avoided. Two or three good cards with a couple good effects apiece is better than one card with four powerful effects; you have more consistency and thus a higher power level overall.  And it's more fun to play and play against.

Two effects is good for a monster card, and three is a lot.  Beyond that and you're in Nirvana High Paladin territory. For boss monsters it's more understandable, but for low-level main-deck monsters, particularly tuners, usually two effects is the most you'll see. 

The first effect is something the Fluffal Deck could definitely use. The second effect is very strong.  It does lose to negation, but it's a 1-card Fusion or Synchro combo. That sort of effect is immensely powerful, so much so that this one should probably be tied to the Normal Summon and require a discard to activate. It's just too much advantage for free.

The protection effect is a bit much, to me.  Turning that Fusion or Synchro monster into Towers for a turn is overkill. If anything, I'd suggest some effect that grants you more advantage if that monster leaves the field from an opponent's card effect, such as drawing a card, setting an archetype Spell or Trap card from your Deck, burn damage, etc...

The final effect to inflict 300 damage is probably never going to go off.  This is a card that won't be staying on the field long enough to be destroyed, and if it is, you're losing badly and 300 damage won't help you. If you're winning, this card isn't on the field so it'll never get destroyed, so you'll never use that 300 damage anyway. The card doesn't need this effect to be strong, and all it does is add more text for an effect that doesn't help the strategy and will likely never be used.

There is a reason why i put them into "casual." And there's more in the works as well, So be afraid with the effects.

Hint some of them follow the High Paladin/Eyndemion Syndrome 

26 minutes ago, Rongaulius said:

Does Kaijus count of beating them over by tributing?

2 hours ago, Drake Finley said:

There is a reason why i put them into "casual." And there's more in the works as well, So be afraid with the effects.

Hint some of them follow the High Paladin/Eyndemion Syndrome 

Does Kaijus count of beating them over by tributing?

You asked for my opinion.  You're underestimating the importance of balance in games, in this case card design.  That card is unbalanced, and unbalanced cards are no better in casual play than they are in competitive.  In fact, they're generally worse because where a competitive deck's power level is quite high and can put up a decent fight against most strategies, the average casual deck will be much weaker. So when you play casually using a card(s) that would be too powerful to be fair in competitive play, it's beyond absurdity. You might as well just make every monster have the effect to automatically win you the game on Summon.

In order for any game to be enjoyable, it needs to offer a balance of challenge and success.  Too much challenge destroys any chance of success.  Too little challenge is neither interesting nor exciting. The only thing I'd be afraid of with card effects like those is that there'd be no reason to play against them and they'd be boring in the extreme to play with.

One time I decided I wanted to design an archetype with the sole focus of being able to make its plays and just play through the opponent's attempts to negate and/or destroy.  I wanted monsters that could ONLY be destroyed by battle, so I ended up designing deck that could do precisely that.  It was really, REALLY good at playing right through anything an opponent could throw at it. I figured I'd balance it out (to keep it fun) by not giving the deck much in the way of negates or destruction effects, which also worked...but that led to some really, really boring games.  My own deck was just too strong - if you couldn't kill it in two turns, you weren't going to win because the deck could out-resource pretty much any other deck.  And because of how I'd designed it, killing it in two turns was nigh impossible. I ended up scrapping that deck because it was just plain boring to use. Nobody had any fun in those matches; not me, not the other person. It wasn't balanced.  And yes, that was casual play. In casual play, balance is even more important than in competitive play. Not the other way around.

14 hours ago, Rongaulius said:

You asked for my opinion.  You're underestimating the importance of balance in games, in this case card design.  That card is unbalanced, and unbalanced cards are no better in casual play than they are in competitive.  In fact, they're generally worse because where a competitive deck's power level is quite high and can put up a decent fight against most strategies, the average casual deck will be much weaker. So when you play casually using a card(s) that would be too powerful to be fair in competitive play, it's beyond absurdity. You might as well just make every monster have the effect to automatically win you the game on Summon.

In order for any game to be enjoyable, it needs to offer a balance of challenge and success.  Too much challenge destroys any chance of success.  Too little challenge is neither interesting nor exciting. The only thing I'd be afraid of with card effects like those is that there'd be no reason to play against them and they'd be boring in the extreme to play with.

One time I decided I wanted to design an archetype with the sole focus of being able to make its plays and just play through the opponent's attempts to negate and/or destroy.  I wanted monsters that could ONLY be destroyed by battle, so I ended up designing deck that could do precisely that.  It was really, REALLY good at playing right through anything an opponent could throw at it. I figured I'd balance it out (to keep it fun) by not giving the deck much in the way of negates or destruction effects, which also worked...but that led to some really, really boring games.  My own deck was just too strong - if you couldn't kill it in two turns, you weren't going to win because the deck could out-resource pretty much any other deck.  And because of how I'd designed it, killing it in two turns was nigh impossible. I ended up scrapping that deck because it was just plain boring to use. Nobody had any fun in those matches; not me, not the other person. It wasn't balanced.  And yes, that was casual play. In casual play, balance is even more important than in competitive play. Not the other way around.

The Others?

5 minutes ago, Drake Finley said:

The Others?

Kee

14 hours ago, Rongaulius said:

Keep in mind i'm trying to take the criticisms seriously, and i did try to errata the Thumbtack

16 hours ago, Rongaulius said:

I would also like to thank you, for making me go back, and changing the unpublished Frightfur's effect, and making me scrap a couple of them, including a New Ritual one(cause the scraped ones are samey with a different coat of paint and  atk gain effects), and making me have a panic attack on one cause it's effects are too long...

I may have a problem...

I'm not sarcastic with the thanks, i'm genuinely glad for making me realize "Oh wait, maybe they do need restrictions!" It's just a case of I'm wanting to share as many idea's in a creature as possible.

But also, Mace used to be a LOT more broken, as the banishing, No Restrictions.

Also, I might Publish the actual cards, With no artwork.

That's because i can get tried of using Scratch to make my artwork at times, Sooooo, yeah that's why

7 hours ago, Drake Finley said:

I would also like to thank you, for making me go back, and changing the unpublished Frightfur's effect, and making me scrap a couple of them, including a New Ritual one(cause the scraped ones are samey with a different coat of paint and  atk gain effects), and making me have a panic attack on one cause it's effects are too long...

I may have a problem...

I'm not sarcastic with the thanks, i'm genuinely glad for making me realize "Oh wait, maybe they do need restrictions!" It's just a case of I'm wanting to share as many idea's in a creature as possible.

But also, Mace used to be a LOT more broken, as the banishing, No Restrictions.

Also, I might Publish the actual cards, With no artwork.

That's because i can get tried of using Scratch to make my artwork at times, Sooooo, yeah that's why

Glad to help.  I've made more than my fair share of busted cards, trust me. Learning to design balanced, fun cards takes trial and error.  Putting restrictions on a card that you're hoping will fix your favorite archetype at first seems counter-intuitive, because when designing the card, making it broken isn't the idea; it's just supposed to help the deck work.  But because of how Yugioh tends to work, no restrictions tends to result in cards that wind up being unfair in ways you never thought of when designing the card.  Been there, done that.

I haven't reviewed any of the other cards because I've been short on time.  That's all.

Mace as-is is extremely strong.  I think it's at the very peak of what it should be able to do, but I also think it's still plausible.  It does banish cards from your opponent's hand, but it gives them back later so it's not a complete hand-rip. Mace is a nexus point in the strategy - it's where you definitely want to drop a negate if you're playing against it, because if you don't you'll lose 2-3 cards from your field.  The fact that Mace alone doesn't do anything unless used as Fusion material is probably enough to keep it balanced.

This one is going to be book-length. I’m also going to start typing these up with problem-solving card text (PSCT ) just so they’re easier for me to understand.

Fluffal Patched Dragon
Fairy/Xyz/Effect, Rank 1, LIGHT, ATK 500, DEF 500.
2+ Level 1 “Fluffal” monsters.
This card is always treated as a “Frightfur” monster.
This card gains 500 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it. If this card would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz material, instead. Once per turn, you can detach up to 2 Xyz Materials from this card; Fusion Summon 1 “Frightfur” Fusion Monster, using this card and the cards detached to activate this effect as Fusion Materials. This card’s name can be treated as any “Edge Imp” monster’s name if used for a Fusion Summon by this effect. If this card is sent to the GY, take 1 “Edge Imp” monster card and 1 “Fusion” card or “Polymerization” from your Deck and add them to your hand.

“Diffusion Wave Motion” is no longer treated as a “Fusion” card, so new cards that can search a “Fusion” card don’t have to specify that they can’t search DWM.

This is a card with effects that help you Fusion Summon your Frightfur monsters. It has an effect that allows it to basically turn any two Level 1 Fluffals into any Frightfur fusion monster – that is an incredibly powerful effect in any deck. The concept behind the card is one that I love, which is Verte Anaconda locked into its own archetype. That said, the first two effects don’t make a whole lot of sense to me. Because of the way its Fusion Summon effect works, there will never be any reason to Xyz Summon this card using more than 2 materials since it can only use up to 2 materials for its Fusion effect. If you used 3 to summon this card, one of those will be wasted when the Fusion effect goes off. I get that it’s supposed to work with the ATK gain effect to help give this card a bigger body, but in order to get it to 2500 ATK you’d have to use 4 monsters. And that’s for a card with an effect so powerful that you don’t WANT it on the field during the battle phase; you want it gone before then, using it to bring out a bigger Fusion monster. Which is why battle-related effects don’t really help this card do what it’s best at. That also applies to the effect of detaching a material to prevent this card’s destruction. It’s neat, but it doesn’t really matter for a card that’s probably never getting destroyed anyway. All it’s doing is taking up space on the card for an effect that will likely never help you win. Put another way, if you’re able to put 5 Fluffals on the board at once, you can make this card with two of them and still have three more monsters to use for another Extra Deck Summon. If you invest them all in this one card, you now have a 3k beater that you’ll lose if you use its actual good effect.

That brings us to the final effect, and this one is a doozy. Searching a Fluffal and a Fusion card when this thing is sent to the GY is another immensely powerful effect, especially when you consider that all it took to get there was two Level 1 Fluffals. Here’s the scenario: You’ve managed to get two Level 1 Fluffals on the field. You still have 2 cards in hand. Summon Patched Dragon using both of your Level 1 Fluffals. Next, use its effect to summon out any Frightfur Fusion monster, we’ll say Cruel Whale or Nightmary for this case. Now you’ve turned two Level 1 monsters into a powerful Fusion monster. And now, because Patched Dragon has been sent to the GY, its effect activates and searches you your Edge Imp and Poly. You now have 4 cards in hand plus Cruel Whale on the field. And NOW, to take that situation a bit further, imagine that that search effect has no once-per-turn. You next use Cruel Whale’s effect to send another Patched Dragon from your Extra Deck to the GY to give Cruel Whale another 250 ATK. That boosts it to 2850...but the real goal is that Patched Dragon’s GY effect will again activate and give you 2 more cards. This means you now have six cards in hand, plus Cruel Whale. You can get at least two more Fusion summons out of that scenario.

Would that scenario actually play out like that? Probably not; your opponent very likely will have some way to stop at least one of those effects from going off, and they’ll probably negate Patched Dragon as soon as it hits the field the first time. My point is that this card has enormous power potential, so much so that the search effect definitely needs a hard once-per-turn attached to it. Probably the Fusion effect as well, since technically you could just use multiples of this card to summon multiple fusions otherwise.

Now. I don’t really know a ton about Fluffals and Edge Imps, as far as play style. I will say that from what I do know about the deck, fielding 2 Level 1 Fluffal monsters to make this thing isn’t the easiest thing to do. If it’s going to be an Xyz monster and not a Link monster, you might want to consider changing it to a Rank 4 or 3 and let it use Edge Imp monsters as well as Fluffals. The following is an idea of what a powered-up (and powered-down) version of this card might look like:

Fluffally Patched Dragon – Fairy/Xyz/Effect, LIGHT, Rank 4, ATK 2000, DEF 2500.
2+ Level 4 “Fluffal” and/or “Edge Imp” monsters.
If you control a “Frightfur” Fusion Monster, you can also Xyz Summon this card using 1 Level 3 or 4 “Edge Imp” or “Fluffal” monster as the entire Xyz Material. You can only Xyz Summon “Fluffally Patched Dragon” once per turn this way. You can only use each of the following effects of “Fluffally Patched Dragon” once per turn:
(1) You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 “Frightfur” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning Conditions (this is treated as a Fusion Summon).
(2) If this card is sent to the GY, you can add 1 “Edge Imp” monster and 1 “Frightfur” Spell/Trap Card, Polymerization, or 1 “Toy Vendor” from your Deck to your hand, then discard 1 card.

Again, this is a suggestion only, based on what I’ve learned about custom cards over the years. I’ll explain each difference between this card and the original version, and why there’s a difference. I am NOT trying to say “This is how the card should be.” I’m offering this as an example of how you can accomplish some types of effects without turning 1 card into a thesaurus or a Towers.

First, the summoning difficulty. The best monsters in the Fluffal main deck are all Levels 3 and 4, as far as I’m aware. Which is why this card is Rank 4. Because of how difficult it can be for Fluffals to field multiple monsters in one turn, this card also has a much easier way to summon it if you’ve already managed to summon a Frightfur Fusion. By that time you’re already in the hole, having used at least 3 cards to make one big fusion, so this card helps recoup some of your loss. That summon condition has a hard once-per-turn to prevent it from being spammed.

Next, the Fusion Summon effect. Konami has done this sort of thing before, where rather than writing “do x; Fusion Summon a Fusion monster from your Extra Deck, using materials...blah, blah.” Those effects become wordy in the extreme. This is why this card just tributes itself and then summons any Frightfur you want. It doesn’t have to change its name and has no limitation on what it can summon.

Last, the search effect on this version can search out any Frightfur spell/trap instead of a “Fusion” card, but it can also search Toy Vendor or Poly if you so desire. There may be times when you don’t need another fusion card but wouldn’t mind Toy Vendor or Frightfur Jar. Or of course, Frightfur Patchwork. This effect does have the added downsides of being usable only once per turn and also forcing you to discard a card after using it. It loses power to remain more balanced, but also gains even more utility in the bargain.

On 10/27/2023 at 7:41 PM, Rongaulius said:

This one is going to be book-length. I’m also going to start typing these up with problem-solving card text (PSCT ) just so they’re easier for me to understand.

Fluffal Patched Dragon
This card gains 500 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it. If this card would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz material, instead. Once per turn, you can detach up to 2 Xyz Materials from this card; Fusion Summon 1 “Frightfur” Fusion Monster, using this card and the cards detached to activate this effect as Fusion Materials. This card’s name can be treated as any “Edge Imp” monster’s name if used for a Fusion Summon by this effect. If this card is sent to the GY, take 1 “Edge Imp” monster card and 1 “Fusion” card or “Polymerization” from your Deck and add them to your hand.

“Diffusion Wave Motion” is no longer treated as a “Fusion” card, so new cards that can search a “Fusion” card don’t have to specify that they can’t search DWM.

This is a card with effects that help you Fusion Summon your Frightfur monsters. It has an effect that allows it to basically turn any two Level 1 Fluffals into any Frightfur fusion monster – that is an incredibly powerful effect in any deck. The concept behind the card is one that I love, which is Verte Anaconda locked into its own archetype. That said, the first two effects don’t make a whole lot of sense to me. Because of the way its Fusion Summon effect works, there will never be any reason to Xyz Summon this card using more than 2 materials since it can only use up to 2 materials for its Fusion effect. If you used 3 to summon this card, one of those will be wasted when the Fusion effect goes off. I get that it’s supposed to work with the ATK gain effect to help give this card a bigger body, but in order to get it to 2500 ATK you’d have to use 4 monsters. And that’s for a card with an effect so powerful that you don’t WANT it on the field during the battle phase; you want it gone before then, using it to bring out a bigger Fusion monster. Which is why battle-related effects don’t really help this card do what it’s best at. That also applies to the effect of detaching a material to prevent this card’s destruction. It’s neat, but it doesn’t really matter for a card that’s probably never getting destroyed anyway. All it’s doing is taking up space on the card for an effect that will likely never help you win. Put another way, if you’re able to put 5 Fluffals on the board at once, you can make this card with two of them and still have three more monsters to use for another Extra Deck Summon. If you invest them all in this one card, you now have a 3k beater that you’ll lose if you use its actual good effect.

That brings us to the final effect, and this one is a doozy. Searching a Fluffal and a Fusion card when this thing is sent to the GY is another immensely powerful effect, especially when you consider that all it took to get there was two Level 1 Fluffals. Here’s the scenario: You’ve managed to get two Level 1 Fluffals on the field. You still have 2 cards in hand. Summon Patched Dragon using both of your Level 1 Fluffals. Next, use its effect to summon out any Frightfur Fusion monster, we’ll say Cruel Whale or Nightmary for this case. Now you’ve turned two Level 1 monsters into a powerful Fusion monster. And now, because Patched Dragon has been sent to the GY, its effect activates and searches you your Edge Imp and Poly. You now have 4 cards in hand plus Cruel Whale on the field. And NOW, to take that situation a bit further, imagine that that search effect has no once-per-turn. You next use Cruel Whale’s effect to send another Patched Dragon from your Extra Deck to the GY to give Cruel Whale another 250 ATK. That boosts it to 2850...but the real goal is that Patched Dragon’s GY effect will again activate and give you 2 more cards. This means you now have six cards in hand, plus Cruel Whale. You can get at least two more Fusion summons out of that scenario.

Would that scenario actually play out like that? Probably not; your opponent very likely will have some way to stop at least one of those effects from going off, and they’ll probably negate Patched Dragon as soon as it hits the field the first time. My point is that this card has enormous power potential, so much so that the search effect definitely needs a hard once-per-turn attached to it. Probably the Fusion effect as well, since technically you could just use multiples of this card to summon multiple fusions otherwise.

Now. I don’t really know a ton about Fluffals and Edge Imps, as far as play style. I will say that from what I do know about the deck, fielding 2 Level 1 Fluffal monsters to make this thing isn’t the easiest thing to do. If it’s going to be an Xyz monster and not a Link monster, you might want to consider changing it to a Rank 4 or 3 and let it use Edge Imp monsters as well as Fluffals. The following is an idea of what a powered-up (and powered-down) version of this card might look like:

If you control a “Frightfur” Fusion Monster, you can also Xyz Summon this card using 1 Level 3 or 4 “Edge Imp” or “Fluffal” monster as the entire Xyz Material. You can only Xyz Summon “Fluffally Patched Dragon” once per turn this way. You can only use each of the following effects of “Fluffally Patched Dragon” once per turn:
(1) You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 “Frightfur” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning Conditions (this is treated as a Fusion Summon).
(2) If this card is sent to the GY, you can add 1 “Edge Imp” monster and 1 “Frightfur” Spell/Trap Card, Polymerization, or 1 “Toy Vendor” from your Deck to your hand, then discard 1 card.

Again, this is a suggestion only, based on what I’ve learned about custom cards over the years. I’ll explain each difference between this card and the original version, and why there’s a difference. I am NOT trying to say “This is how the card should be.” I’m offering this as an example of how you can accomplish some types of effects without turning 1 card into a thesaurus or a Towers.

First, the summoning difficulty. The best monsters in the Fluffal main deck are all Levels 3 and 4, as far as I’m aware. Which is why this card is Rank 4. Because of how difficult it can be for Fluffals to field multiple monsters in one turn, this card also has a much easier way to summon it if you’ve already managed to summon a Frightfur Fusion. By that time you’re already in the hole, having used at least 3 cards to make one big fusion, so this card helps recoup some of your loss. That summon condition has a hard once-per-turn to prevent it from being spammed.

Next, the Fusion Summon effect. Konami has done this sort of thing before, where rather than writing “do x; Fusion Summon a Fusion monster from your Extra Deck, using materials...blah, blah.” Those effects become wordy in the extreme. This is why this card just tributes itself and then summons any Frightfur you want. It doesn’t have to change its name and has no limitation on what it can summon.

Last, the search effect on this version can search out any Frightfur spell/trap instead of a “Fusion” card, but it can also search Toy Vendor or Poly if you so desire. There may be times when you don’t need another fusion card but wouldn’t mind Toy Vendor or Frightfur Jar. Or of course, Frightfur Patchwork. This effect does have the added downsides of being usable only once per turn and also forcing you to discard a card after using it. It loses power to remain more balanced, but also gains even more utility in the bargain.

Thanks for the Suggestion for the Rank 4, but i've solved the different level problem with the  future Frightfur XYZ which have the alt summon condition "You can also summon this card by discarding a card, and using a Rank (1 rank below that card's) or below "Fluffal" "Edge Imp" or "Frightfur" XYZ monster  except on the same turn that card was summoned"

Fluffal Patched Dragon

That said, i need to look at the paragraphs you sent

Fluffal Patched Dragon

I mean, there are some level ones