[Written] SKY FIRE, Fortress of the Reactors

Haumea

SKY FIRE, Fortress of the Reactors

• Link-3 (points left, down, and right)
  • WIND
  • Machine/Effect
  • ATK 3000

3 DARK Machine Monsters with different Levels
During either player's turn (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 card, then target 1 card your opponent control; destroy it. You can only use each of the following effects of "SKY FIRE, Fortress of the Reactors' once per turn during your opponent's turn.
• When your opponent would Summon a monster(s): Negate the summon, and if you do, destroy it, then inflict 800 damage to your opponent.
• When your opponent activate a Spell card: Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it, then inflict 800 damage to your opponent.
• When your opponent activate a Trap card: Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it, then inflict 800 damage to your opponent.

I have no idea how strong Link monster should be.

Edited by Haumea
Forgot the word "each effect of"

This card is fairly well balanced, in my opinion.  The effects are strong but are mandatory, so your opponent can force their activation.  The restriction that only allows you to use its effects during your opponent's turn is possibly unnecessary; the card is just a big vanilla monster during your turn.  The summoning conditions are also very specific, so it's not generic.  Overall I think it's a good card design.

This card is fairly well balanced, in my opinion.  The effects are strong but are mandatory, so your opponent can force their activation.  The restriction that only allows you to use its effects during your opponent's turn is possibly unnecessary; the card is just a big vanilla monster during your turn.  The summoning conditions are also very specific, so it's not generic.  Overall I think it's a good card design.

On 10/26/2023 at 11:20 PM, Rongaulius said:

he effects are strong but are mandatory, so your opponent can force their activation.  The restriction that only allows you to use its effects during your opponent's turn is possibly unnecessary;

The card is based on the old card named Flying Fortress SKY FIRE, the boss monster for the Reactor "Archetype" (I use the word Archetype very loosely since it's only consist of 6 cards.) The card is pretty bad due to it's difficult summoning condition with the payoff not worth the hassle.

On 10/26/2023 at 11:20 PM, Rongaulius said:

The summoning conditions are also very specific, so it's not generic.

The way you summon SKY FIRE is using the effect of Summon Reactor SK by sending it, Trap Reactor Y FI, and Spell Reactor RE, all of them are DARK Machine monster with different level (5, 4, and 3 respectively.)