Miraidon - Cyberstorm Pursuit Mode

11 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

@Raikoh130 I tried to put changes you suggested to me but I cannot because it was way too long and make the text font on the card maker extremely weird and somewhat unreadable so I had to leave some stuff out, sorry but you can look at these 2 screenshots of me putting the both versions of the card text in OnlyOffice the old card's text only took up a 142 while this new one took up a 171 words.

Screenshot (185).png

Screenshot (186).png

You just re-added it to allow you to Special Summon when your opponent Link Summons a monster, also you reenabled the OTK potential with Accesscode. Now the card is way to OP. Also, idk why you're so obsessed to have to add "Immediately after this effect resolves" text. What effect is resolving before the Link Summon is occurring?! It makes no sense, tho I have an idea to make it work.

Edited by Raikoh130

Link-6/LIGHT/Cyberse/Link/Effect
Middle-Left, Bottom-Left, Bottom, Bottom-Right, Middle-Right, Top-Center

3+ Effect Monsters, including a Link-2 Link Monster
You can also use 1 monster your opponent controls as material to Link Summon this card. If this card is Link Summoned or another Link Monster(s) is Special Summoned to your field: You can Special Summon 1 of your Cyberse, Machine, or Thunder monsters from the Deck, GY, or that is banished face-up to either field, then you can immediately after this effect resolves: Link Summon 1 Link Monster using up to 4 monsters from either field as material (up to 2 from your opponent's field). The monster Link Summoned this way is unaffected by your opponent's activated effects, until the end of this turn, also it cannot declare an attack this turn. (Quick Effect): You can target up to 9 of your Cyberse, Machine, or Thunder monsters that is banished and/or in the GY; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw 1 card for every 3 shuffled into the Deck.
You can only use each effect of "Miraidon - Cyberstorm Pursuit Mode" once per turn.

Now the text fits with the card. You can also drop the first effect, if you wish. I just re-added it to make it more playable for a Link-6 monster.

Edited by Raikoh130
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Raikoh130 said:

Link-6/LIGHT/Cyberse/Link/Effect
Middle-Left, Bottom-Left, Bottom, Bottom-Right, Middle-Right, Top-Center

3+ Effect Monsters, including a Link-2 Link Monster
You can also use 1 monster your opponent controls as material to Link Summon this card. If this card is Link Summoned or another Link Monster(s) is Special Summoned to your field: You can Special Summon 1 of your Cyberse, Machine, or Thunder monsters from the Deck, GY, or that is banished face-up to either field, then you can immediately after this effect resolves: Link Summon 1 Link Monster using up to 4 monsters from either field as material (up to 2 from your opponent's field). The monster Link Summoned this way is unaffected by your opponent's activated effects, until the end of this turn, also it cannot declare an attack this turn. (Quick Effect): You can target up to 9 of your Cyberse, Machine, or Thunder monsters that is banished and/or in the GY; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw 1 card for every 3 shuffled into the Deck.
You can only use each effect of "Miraidon - Cyberstorm Pursuit Mode" once per turn.

Now the text fits with the card. You can also drop the first effect, if you wish. I just re-added it to make it more playable for a Link-6 monster.

I think I wanna drop the draw effect I've been thinking about it for quite a while that it doesn't really need a draw effect. So I will keep the first effect as is, then the 2nd effect will revice the suggested nerf I really don't like the idea of having a draw effect on this card as it already ate up a decent chunk of card text so now it will go from 3 effects to 2 with also the 2nd effect giving summoning sickness to the card it summons besides I really feel the draw effect is just a win more effect plus since both I:P Masqeurena nor Miraidon have any draw effects attached to them it wouldn't make any sense I've been thinking about the draw effect and why I had it for ever since I showed you this card in a DM in August before it got the artwork it has now.

So yes my mind has been made up now I will drop the 3rd effect maybe not completely but I will get rid of the draw effect in favor of something else or I will just straight up get rid of the 3rd effect all together how do you think that sounds?

Now if I do drop the 3rd effect I will have room to nerf the 2nd effect without making the textbox really bad, plus this card can already now summon itself as part of its condition to Link Summon so I think that should more then make up for it completely losing the 3rd effect do you agree with this change I nerf the 2nd effect and make it so that the monster summoned with its effect gets the suggested Summoning Sickness you asked me to put on the card plus I think it not having that 3rd effect will make the text on the card look cleaner how does that sound?

(2) During the Main Phase, you can (Quick Effect): Immediately after this effect resolves, Link Summon 1 Link Monster using up to 4 monsters from either field as material (up to 2 from your opponent's field). A Link Monster summoned is unaffected by your opponent's activated effects, until the end of this turn, also it cannot attack this turn.

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan

14 minutes ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

I think I wanna drop the draw effect I've been thinking about it for quite a while that it doesn't really need a draw effect. So I will keep the first effect as is, then the 2nd effect will revise the suggested nerf I really don't like the idea of having a draw effect on this card as it already ate up a decent chunk of card text so now it will go from 3 effects to 2 with also the 2nd effect giving summoning sickness to the card it summons besides I really feel the draw effect is just a win more effect plus since both I:P Masqeurena nor Miraidon have any draw effects attached to them it wouldn't make any sense I've been thinking about the draw effect and why I had it for ever since I showed you this card in a DM in August before it got the artwork it has now.

So yes my mind has been made up now I will drop the 3rd effect maybe not completely but I will get rid of the draw effect in favor of something else or I will just straight up get rid of the 3rd effect all together how do you think that sounds?

Now if I do drop the 3rd effect I will have room to nerf the 2nd effect without making the textbox really bad, plus this card can already now summon itself as part of its condition to Link Summon so I think that should more then make up for it completely losing the 3rd effect do you agree with this change I nerf the 2nd effect and make it so that the monster summoned with its effect gets the suggested Summoning Sickness you asked me to put on the card plus I think it not having that 3rd effect will make the text on the card look cleaner how does that sound?

(2) During the Main Phase, you can (Quick Effect): Immediately after this effect resolves, Link Summon 1 Link Monster using up to 4 monsters from either field as material (up to 2 from your opponent's field). A Link Monster summoned is unaffected by your opponent's activated effects, until the end of this turn, also it cannot attack this turn.

I would just drop the 3rd effect in general then, now the card has less text on it. Also, you're not explaining why you're still on this "Immediately after this effect resolves" obsession. What effect is happening before this effect? The wording makes no sense whatsoever.

I believe the "immediately after this effect resolves" is put there to assist with rulings for using the mechanic as part of a chain; the Link Summon occurs only at resolution of the effect, so its place in the chain is easily determined.

"2+ Link monsters" is all that needs to be said for the material requirements.  Unless you use a Link-5 as one of the materials, you're using at minimum a Link-4 and a Link-2.  The cost is already heavy enough to get this card out.

Allowing you to use an opponent's monster for this card's Link Summon makes this a strictly better Underworld Goddess of the Closed World.  That's too strong.  Especially if you use Underworld Goddess as Link Material to Summon this card. Then you're able to link away one opposing monster with UGCW, then link away another one for this card.  If the goal is to balance the card, that won't work.

Speaking of balance, the original effect of this card really wasn't bad.  Powerful, certainly. But it had no protection built into itself, and even the protection it would've gained from using Masquerena as Link Material wouldn't have made it unkillable.  Forbidden Droplet turns it into a 1900-ATL vanilla either way, and if a monster is sent to activate Droplet, this card cannot respond.  Dark Ruler No More just turns it off, period. Kaijus and Sphere Mode take it completely off the board without having to beat over it, and Nibiru stops this card from being made at all. Super Poly is perhaps the best way to get rid of it, since it'll turn this card and another link monster into Earth Golem @Ignister. In a 3-game match, you might take game 1 by surprise with this card. But for a tournament where participants expect a card as potent as this one, every halfway competent strategy will include ways to out this card in its side board or even main deck. If they can't out this card, they wouldn't be winning anything anyway. So with all that in mind, the original effect is scary in a match where you have no way to turn this card off. Negation and removal is present in all tournament decks these days, so a big boss monster like this isn't a guaranteed win by itself. 

As far as that goes, for the sake of balance, this card should not be able to grant effect immunity to a monster it Summons.  That is an effect that cannot be negated unless the Summon is prevented, since this card is granted the new monster an effect.

18 minutes ago, Rongaulius said:

I believe the "immediately after this effect resolves" is put there to assist with rulings for using the mechanic as part of a chain; the Link Summon occurs only at resolution of the effect, so its place in the chain is easily determined.

Thank you for explain that, lol. I play GOAT and Edison so I don't know everything about Modern Yu-Gi-Oh! standards.

18 minutes ago, Rongaulius said:

"2+ Link monsters" is all that needs to be said for the material requirements.  Unless you use a Link-5 as one of the materials, you're using at minimum a Link-4 and a Link-2.  The cost is already heavy enough to get this card out.

Allowing you to use an opponent's monster for this card's Link Summon makes this a strictly better Underworld Goddess of the Closed World.  That's too strong.  Especially if you use Underworld Goddess as Link Material to Summon this card. Then you're able to link away one opposing monster with UGCW, then link away another one for this card.  If the goal is to balance the card, that won't work.

Speaking of balance, the original effect of this card really wasn't bad.  Powerful, certainly. But it had no protection built into itself, and even the protection it would've gained from using Masquerena as Link Material wouldn't have made it unkillable.  Forbidden Droplet turns it into a 1900-ATL vanilla either way, and if a monster is sent to activate Droplet, this card cannot respond.  Dark Ruler No More just turns it off, period. Kaijus and Sphere Mode take it completely off the board without having to beat over it, and Nibiru stops this card from being made at all. Super Poly is perhaps the best way to get rid of it, since it'll turn this card and another link monster into Earth Golem @Ignister. In a 3-game match, you might take game 1 by surprise with this card. But for a tournament where participants expect a card as potent as this one, every halfway competent strategy will include ways to out this card in its side board or even main deck. If they can't out this card, they wouldn't be winning anything anyway. So with all that in mind, the original effect is scary in a match where you have no way to turn this card off. Negation and removal is present in all tournament decks these days, so a big boss monster like this isn't a guaranteed win by itself. 

As far as that goes, for the sake of balance, this card should not be able to grant effect immunity to a monster it Summons.  That is an effect that cannot be negated unless the Summon is prevented, since this card is granted the new monster an effect.

2+ Link Monsters wastes so many Extra Deck resources. I might as well just slap an Underworld in and forget about this card, making this card not see any play. And you're bashing this card for taking an Underworld as material, yet Underworld can take another Underworld, and any Link-4 monster, as material anyway. Konami allowed it on Underworld, so any card can use that steal ability now.

This card is easily shut off, its the additional Link monster that is immune until the End Phase, just like what the original card stated. I forgot he took the "except by targeting" clause off. Yeah, that needs to be reimplemented on the card, however, it should also be balanced by not allowing an attack to prevent this card from having easy OTK potential, which I added myself.

Underworld requires 4+ effect monsters. You can't just Summon Underworld and then Summon another one to take a second monster from your opponent.

2+ Link monsters could be two Link-3's.  Agreed that it takes up Extra Deck slots, and that's kind of the point. For a monster this strong, with that many Link arrows, making it too generic makes it too abusable.  Especially if it has an Underworld Goddes summoning condition. 

My personal opinion is that the original form of this card was the best version in terms of power and allowing counter-play. 

6 hours ago, Rongaulius said:

Underworld requires 4+ effect monsters. You can't just Summon Underworld and then Summon another one to take a second monster from your opponent.

2+ Link monsters could be two Link-3's.  Agreed that it takes up Extra Deck slots, and that's kind of the point. For a monster this strong, with that many Link arrows, making it too generic makes it too abusable.  Especially if it has an Underworld Goddes summoning condition. 

My personal opinion is that the original form of this card was the best version in terms of power and allowing counter-play. 

I know, I was saying snagging your opponent's Underworld for your own Underworld as material to bring your first one out.

Nah, it won't be as abusive with the new requirements. How many people can successfully get Underworld out consistently in the Metagame (Legit Question)? Its a powerful card but outside Link-Climbing Decks, its pretty difficult to get to it from what I've seen, so more Extra Deck monsters are usually 4 or lower. 

If we are afraid of making the 2nd effect too generic, you gave me an idea that I can easily fix this issue to make certain decks abuse it while others cannot:

If this card is Link Summoned or another Link Monster(s) is Special Summoned to your field: You can Special Summon 1 of your Cyberse, Machine, or Thunder monsters from the Deck, GY, or that is banished face-up to either field, then you can immediately after this effect resolves: Link Summon 1 Link-3 or lower Cyberse, Thunder, or Machine Link Monster with a different Attribute, using up to 3 monsters from either field as material (only 1 from your opponent's field). The monster Link Summoned this way is unaffected by your opponent's activated effects, until the end of this turn.

The change was to stop you from abusing their Link monsters as multiple materials, stops you from wasting your Extra Deck, and allowed the 3rd effect to go off much more easily, and the choices are now limited. It also forces your opponent to properly Link Summon the Accesscode Talker with another material(s) and doesn't gain this immunity. What you think @Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan?

This thread helps highlight why Link-5 monsters – and by extension Link-6 – are so hard to balance. There is no shortage of Link-3 or Link-4 monsters that are extremely powerful, and those take a minimum of three materials total to make. Beyond that, you’ll inevitably experience diminishing returns for additional materials used, unless the monsters are powerful enough to warrant their summoning cost. However. Many Link-4 cards are already approaching the upper limit of what cards can be capable of and still be fair for play. So that means that if you make a card powerful enough to justify using five or six link materials, the likelihood of that card being too powerful for the game is very high. Otherwise, you’re left with a card that may be okay but doesn’t have enough impact to justify the summoning cost.

At this point, the card needs to be play-tested in actual games. Play it and see how it works in the type of deck you’d be playing it in. Then make adjustments from there.