Miraidon - Cyberstorm Pursuit Mode

Miraidon-CyberstormPursuitMode.thumb.jpeg.d3a753dfd069a8c0244c2fc6f8c46773.jpeg

Link-6/LIGHT/Cyberse/Link/Effect
Middle-Left, Bottom-Left, Bottom, Bottom-Right, Middle-Right, Top-Center
3+ Effect Monsters, including a Link-2 Link Monster
You can also use 1 Effect Monster your opponent controls as material to Link Summon this card.
You can only use the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd effect of this card's name each once per turn.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned or another Link Monster(s) is Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 of your Cyberse, Machine, or Thunder monsters from the Deck, GY, or that is banished face-up to either field.
(2) During the Main Phase, you can (Quick Effect): Immediately after this effect resolves, Link Summon 1 Link Monster using up to 4 monsters from either field as material (up to 2 from your opponent's field). A Link Monster summoned is is unaffected by your opponent's activated effects, until the end of this turn.
(3) (Quick Effect): You can target up to 9 of your Cyberse, Machine, or Thunder monsters that is banished and/or in the GY; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw 1 card for every 3 shuffled into the Deck.
3800/-

@Raikoh130 @Horu @Tinkerer @Kokoroshi @Rongaulius What does everyone think of the card?

Credit goes to @Rongaulius for the wonderful artwork the original can be found right here if your interested https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/topic/421702-request-ip-masquerenamiraidon-mashup-artwork/

The card was formerly named I: P Masqeurena - Cyber Pursuit Mode I still kinda want to fit I: P Masqeurena in the name but I don't know how to do that.

Edit: (11/7/2023) - 7:27 PM https://web.archive.org/web/20231108002607/https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/topic/421727-miraidon-cyberstorm-pursuit-mode an archive of the older version of this card here can be found on the Wayback Machine so use that as a reference and comparison.

Edit: (11/8/2023) https://web.archive.org/web/20231108002607/https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/topic/421727-miraidon-cyberstorm-pursuit-mode the previous version it was really hard to summon before this change.

Change Log:

(11/7/2023)

• Made changes to the first effect allowing the user to also Special Summon from the Deck.
  • Made changes to the second effect by removing the restriction 2 monsters per player's field each and made it so it can just so up 4 Straight up from the opponent and made the protection effect for the monster it summons with its effect falls more in line with Underworld Goddess of the Closed World without also giving this card any negation effects.
  • Made changes to the third and final effect by bumping up the cards shuffled from 9 to 12 cards which now means you can now draw upwards of 4 cards assuming you have the right set up or you already got this effect set up and live and made the effect a Quick Effect.

(11/9/2023)

• Made changes to the second effect by readding the restriction 2 monsters on the opponent's field it was busted before because using all 4 was too much.
  • Made changes to the third and final effect by bumping down the cards shuffled from 12 back to 9 cards which drawing 4 is too nasty but its still a Quick Effect.
  • Made it so the card could be summoned of by sucking up 1 opponent's monster inherently just like Underworld Goddess of the Closed World.
  • Finally I addressed the major complainant about this card that was this card's massive flaws is that it was too hard to summon costing the user too many resources to bring it out cause before it would take normally 8-10 materials now it only takes a good 4-5 that was because it had to take 2+ Link-2 or higher Link Monsters as material. You can thank both @Raikoh130 and @Rongaulius for helping me.
Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan

7 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

IPMasqeurena-CyberPursuitMode.thumb.jpeg.49e4c645baf23e7c109f477b3f2d47bf.jpeg

I: P Masqeurena - Cyber Pursuit Mode
2+ Link-2 or higher Link Monsters
You can only use the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd effect of this card's name each once per turn.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned or another Link Monster(s) is Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 of your Cyberse, Machine, or Thunder monsters that is banished or in the GY face-up to either field.
(2) During the Main Phase, you can (Quick Effect): Immediately after this effect resolves, Link Summon 1 Link Monster using up to 4 monsters from either field as material (up to 2 on each field). A Link Monster summoned by this effect cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects.
(3) You can target up to 10 of your Cyberse, Machine, or Thunder monsters that is banished and/or in the GY; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw 1 card for every 3 shuffled into the Deck.
3800/-

@Raikoh130 @Horu @Tinkerer @Kokoroshi @Rongaulius What does everyone think of the card?

Credit goes to @Rongaulius for the wonderful artwork the original can be found right here if your interested https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/topic/421702-request-ip-masquerenamiraidon-mashup-artwork/

Required Materials area: Its Link-2, not Link -2. There's no space between them on Official Cards.
3rd Effect: Change "up to 10" to "up to 9". Pot of Extravagance/Prosperity has the targets being even with the draws/excavation (3 for 1 Draw/3 Excavated, 6 for 2 Draws/6 Excavated).

The rest looks good.

2 hours ago, Raikoh130 said:

Required Materials area: Its Link-2, not Link -2. There's no space between them on Official Cards.
3rd Effect: Change "up to 10" to "up to 9". Pot of Extravagance/Prosperity has the targets being even with the draws/excavation (3 for 1 Draw/3 Excavated, 6 for 2 Draws/6 Excavated).

The rest looks good.

Okay I will fix those errors also where would I put this text @Raikoh130 (This card is always treated as an "Miraidon" card.) would I put it above the materials or under them?

Powerful, yes. Competitive, perhaps not  This is a card that puts a LOT of eggs in one basket, and while it can certainly win a match on its own if your opponent has no way to deal with it, it's more of a win-more card since it's very expensive to make.  The cheapest way to summon it is using two link-3 monsters,  but that still requires eight materials total (three for each link-3, plus the two link-3's themselves).  Nor is it a card you make as a bonus while completing your normal combos, like Zeus is.

It has two effects that it can use to help boost your consistency, but if you've summoned enough monsters to build this card, your Deck is ready working just fine. Those effects would be very strong on a link-3 or even 4, but on a link-6 they're either too expensive to justify the cost or else you don't need them because you're already winning.

The second effect is powerful if it goes off, but once this hits the field your opponent will know what's up and won't commit their resources to the field for you to use.

I guess the best way to summarize is that it has very powerful effects, but they don't belong on a link-6 monster that is trying to be competitive. If it had just the second effect and one of the other two and was a link-3 with 2300-2800 ATK, it'd be extremely powerful.  Eight materials is just a lot to ask for a card that isn't really a game-ender on its own.

2 minutes ago, Rongaulius said:

Powerful, yes. Competitive, perhaps not  This is a card that puts a LOT of eggs in one basket, and while it can certainly win a match on its own if your opponent has no way to deal with it, it's more of a win-more card since it's very expensive to make.  The cheapest way to summon it is using two link-3 monsters,  but that still requires eight materials total (three for each link-3, plus the two link-3's themselves).  Nor is it a card you make as a bonus while completing your normal combos, like Zeus is.

It has two effects that it can use to help boost your consistency, but if you've summoned enough monsters to build this card, your Deck is ready working just fine. Those effects would be very strong on a link-3 or even 4, but on a link-6 they're either too expensive to justify the cost or else you don't need them because you're already winning.

The second effect is powerful if it goes off, but once this hits the field your opponent will know what's up and won't commit their resources to the field for you to use.

I guess the best way to summarize is that it has very powerful effects, but they don't belong on a link-6 monster that is trying to be competitive. If it had just the second effect and one of the other two and was a link-3 with 2300-2800 ATK, it'd be extremely powerful.  Eight materials is just a lot to ask for a card that isn't really a game-ender on its own.

Yeah do you think I should buff this card's effects to make it so its more viable I still want it to be a Link-6 so what should I do then?

1 hour ago, Rongaulius said:

@Rongaulius Well I hope this helps read the change log and also now tell me your thoughts on the card is it now worth investing up to 8 materials into this card now? @Raikoh130 I want to know your thoughts on the new and improved version of this card I would like to know your thoughts if this card is worth playing now?

5 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

@Rongaulius Well I hope this helps read the change log and also now tell me your thoughts on the card is it now worth investing up to 8 materials into this card now? @Raikoh130 I want to know your thoughts on the new and improved version of this card I would like to know your thoughts if this card is worth playing now?

Dang, you can draw 4 cards and Link 4 of your opponent's monsters? That's a bit OP, don't you think? There's a reason why Mirage of Nightmare is still banned, lol, and why Change of Heart is at one. O_O

9 minutes ago, Raikoh130 said:

Dang, you can draw 4 cards and Link 4 of your opponent's monsters? That's a bit OP, don't you think? There's a reason why Mirage of Nightmare is still banned, lol, and why Change of Heart is at one. O_O

Well @Rongaulius said its not good competitively since its kinda a waste in investments @Raikoh130

6 hours ago, Rongaulius said:

@Raikoh130 What should I do to make this Link -6 not underwhelming competitively and make it worth the cost actually summoning this thing if it is just going to not be very good competitively since it takes way too much of a cost and does too little in return that is what @Rongaulius said above in the quote. "Eight materials is just a lot to ask for a card that isn't really a game-ender on its own." I wanted to make this card stronger and worth the investments without breaking the card too much.

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan

15 minutes ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Well @Rongaulius said its not good competitively since its kinda a waste in investments @Raikoh130

@Raikoh130 What should I do to make this Link -6 not underwhelming competitively and make it worth the cost actually summoning this thing if it is just going to not be very good competitively since it takes way too much of a cost and does too little in return that is what @Rongaulius said above in the quote. "Eight materials is just a lot to ask for a card that isn't really a game-ender on its own." I wanted to make this card stronger and worth the investments without breaking the card too much.

Yeah, but taking 4 free monsters and slapping an Appollusa or Accesscode Talker on your field, while can't be hit by a multi-hit card, is pretty busted. Its a game ender right there, especially with Accesscode. 5000 + 3600 = 8600. Eight Materials mean nothing at that point.

Drawing 4 cards gives you a extremely high plus, especially in Modern Yu-Gi-Oh! You'd probably go through your fly through your deck for another combo at that point, adding more monsters on your field.

What this guy should do is not give you too much advantage but make it really good. Look at what Zeus can do. Wipe your opponent's field off.

Or why not make this guy easier to Summon, instead of gaining to much card advantage?

30 minutes ago, Raikoh130 said:

Yeah, but taking 4 free monsters and slapping an Appollusa or Accesscode Talker on your field, while can't be hit by a multi-hit card, is pretty busted. Its a game ender right there, especially with Accesscode. 5000 + 3600 = 8600. Eight Materials mean nothing at that point.

Drawing 4 cards gives you a extremely high plus, especially in Modern Yu-Gi-Oh! You'd probably go through your fly through your deck for another combo at that point, adding more monsters on your field.

What this guy should do is not give you too much advantage but make it really good. Look at what Zeus can do. Wipe your opponent's field off.

Or why not make this guy easier to Summon, instead of gaining to much card advantage?

Yeah should I change the materials to 2+ Effect Monsters, including a Link-2 or higher Link Monster?

Would it be worth it as a Link-6 if it had it requirements changed to the above requirements?

That card would be powerful once it hits the field, certainly.  But common removal staples like Dark Ruler No More, Forbidden Droplet, Sphere Mode, Super Poly, Nibiru, and Kiajus make this card far less viable in a competitive environment.  You may take the first duel of the match in a blowout, but in games 2 and 3 you'll come up against every piece of side board they have that can combat this strategy.  

Nor is eight materials too expensive for a boss monster.  What I'm saying is that that's at least eight chances your opponent has to interact with or halt your plays, and that's assuming this is the only monster you're ending on. Now, this card gets way better if it was Link Summoned using I: P Masquerena as Material, which I'm guessing is part of the plan.  That's something I didn't consider before; if you don't Summon this until your opponent's turn and make it using Masquerena and a Link-4 you can't protect or don't need, this card becomes way, way harder to kill and much more worth the input.

I think you've changed my mind on this one.  It may not be something you'd Summon every game, but if you drop it during your opponent's turn and then use it to link off their board, yeah, that could be the way to play this card and actually make it a menace.

8 hours ago, Rongaulius said:

That card would be powerful once it hits the field, certainly.  But common removal staples like Dark Ruler No More, Forbidden Droplet, Sphere Mode, Super Poly, Nibiru, and Kiajus make this card far less viable in a competitive environment.  You may take the first duel of the match in a blowout, but in games 2 and 3 you'll come up against every piece of side board they have that can combat this strategy.  

Nor is eight materials too expensive for a boss monster.  What I'm saying is that that's at least eight chances your opponent has to interact with or halt your plays, and that's assuming this is the only monster you're ending on. Now, this card gets way better if it was Link Summoned using I: P Masquerena as Material, which I'm guessing is part of the plan.  That's something I didn't consider before; if you don't Summon this until your opponent's turn and make it using Masquerena and a Link-4 you can't protect or don't need, this card becomes way, way harder to kill and much more worth the input.

I think you've changed my mind on this one.  It may not be something you'd Summon every game, but if you drop it during your opponent's turn and then use it to link off their board, yeah, that could be the way to play this card and actually make it a menace.

Hey I just figured out something with the previous one I could still use up to 2 of the opponent's monsters to make S:P Little Knight and if you would wanna make a Link 4 with this card you used to have to also use 2 of your monsters and your opponents monsters 2+2=4 to make any Link-4 monster so should I scale back the 2nd and 3rd effects a bit? @Rongaulius Please tell me?

9 minutes ago, Rongaulius said:

Probably wouldn't hurt.  You're potentially able to turn 2 of your opponent's monsters into part of Accescode Talker, Borreload, Borrelsword, Crusadia Avramax, etc...the list of powerful options is lengthy.

Should I keep this part A Link Monster summoned is is unaffected by your opponent's activated effects, unless they target that card. or Restore it back to the old one?

42 minutes ago, Rongaulius said:

Probably wouldn't hurt.  You're potentially able to turn 2 of your opponent's monsters into part of Accescode Talker, Borreload, Borrelsword, Crusadia Avramax, etc...the list of powerful options is lengthy.

Still more balanced than stealing 4 of theirs for a free Accesscode.

1 hour ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Hey I just figured out something with the previous one I could still use up to 2 of the opponent's monsters to make S:P Little Knight and if you would wanna make a Link 4 with this card you used to have to also use 2 of your monsters and your opponents monsters 2+2=4 to make any Link-4 monster so should I scale back the 2nd and 3rd effects a bit? @Rongaulius Please tell me?

4+ Effect Monsters, including a Link-2 Link Monster
You can also use 1 Effect Monster your opponent controls as material to Link Summon this card. You can only use each of the following effects of "Miraidon - Cyberstorm Pursuit Mode" once per turn.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned or another Link Monster(s) is Special Summoned to your field: You can Special Summon 1 of your Cyberse, Machine, or Thunder monsters, from the Deck, GY, or that is banished face-up to either field. 
(2) (Quick Effect): During the Main Phase, you can Link Summon 1 Link Monster using up to 4 Effect Monsters from either field (up to 2 from your opponent's field). A Link Monster summoned by this effect is unaffected by your opponent's activated effects, unless they target that card, until the End Phase, also it cannot declare an attack this turn.
(3) (Quick Effect): You can target up to 9 of your Cyberse, Machine, or Thunder monsters that is banished and/or in the GY; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw 1 card for every 3 shuffled into the Deck.
3800/-

Changes are highlighted in BOLD. Let me know what you think. I kept the effects as is, with some tweeks to wording and how the effect plays out. I also nerfed an OTK with Accesscode in the 2nd Effect, just fyi, however, I buffed it to allow you to snag another monster on their field for the summon of this monster.

Edited by Raikoh130
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Raikoh130 said:

Still more balanced than stealing 4 of theirs for a free Accesscode.

4+ Effect Monsters, including a Link-2 Link Monster
You can also use 1 Effect Monster your opponent controls as material to Link Summon this card. You can only use each of the following effects of "Miraidon - Cyberstorm Pursuit Mode" once per turn.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned or another Link Monster(s) is Special Summoned to your field: You can Special Summon 1 of your Cyberse, Machine, or Thunder monsters, from the Deck, GY, or that is banished face-up to either field. 
(2) (Quick Effect): During the Main Phase, you can Link Summon 1 Link Monster using up to 4 Effect Monsters from either field (up to 2 from your opponent's field). A Link Monster summoned by this effect is unaffected by your opponent's activated effects, unless they target that card, until the End Phase, also it cannot declare an attack this turn.
3800/-

Changes are highlighted in BOLD. Let me know what you think. I kept the effects as is, with some tweeks to wording and how the effect plays out. I also nerfed an OTK with Accesscode in the 2nd Effect, just fyi, however, I buffed it to allow you to snag another monster on their field for the summon of this monster.

Okay Thank you for giving me your opinions I will take a little of each idea also I will test out the text length to make sure the font size on the cards don't get too unreadable but I will sure try to change up my monster making it more balanced while still being powerful for a Link-6, also surprisingly I don't know what to prefer 4+ Effect Monsters, including a Link-2 Link Monster or 2 Links whose Link Rating is 2 or higher the former cuts the materials down from 8 to 6 but I wanted to make it so it could only be summoned by Link Monsters who aren't Link-1s I will get back to you when I make a decision.

2 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Okay Thank you for giving me your opinions I will take a little of each idea also I will test out the text length to make sure the font size on the cards don't get too unreadable but I will sure try to change up my monster making it more balanced while still being powerful for a Link-6, also surprisingly I don't know what to prefer 4+ Effect Monsters, including a Link-2 Link Monster or 2 Links whose Link Rating is 2 or higher the former cuts the materials down from 8 to 6 but I wanted to make it so it could only be summoned by Link Monsters who aren't Link-1s I will get back to you when I make a decision.

The key is to have it to be easily Summoned. Your OG way is too restrictive. Like Rongaulius said, its too much requirements to bring this guy out, so I might as well bring out an Underworld Goddess instead for 1 less material. My way also requires 5 materials instead of 6, since you can use 1 of your opponent's monsters in its place.

Also, you can use I:P Masqurana with this, and she has a ruling that you can snag your opponent's monster during their turn, and she alone counts as the Link requirement. Your way makes us have to Link Summon successfully twice. So you minus more by summoning Link monsters you don't need at that moment.

Edited by Raikoh130

21 minutes ago, Raikoh130 said:

The key is to have it to be easily Summoned. Your OG way is too restrictive. Like Rongaulius said, its too much requirements to bring this guy out, so I might as well bring out an Underworld Goddess instead for 1 less material. My way also requires 5 materials instead of 6, since you can use 1 of your opponent's monsters in its place.

Also, you can use I:P Masqurana with this, and she has a ruling that you can snag your opponent's monster during their turn, and she alone counts as the Link requirement. Your way makes us have to Link Summon successfully twice. So you minus more by summoning Link monsters you don't need at that moment.

Yeah your right guess having it restricted to Link Monsters completely Kills the Viability of this card? Alight than should it be 3+ or stay at 4+? Also I might have to squeeze out some text of the card becomes too filled.

@Raikoh130 I tried to put changes you suggested to me but I cannot because it was way too long and make the text font on the card maker extremely weird and somewhat unreadable so I had to leave some stuff out, sorry but you can look at these 2 screenshots of me putting the both versions of the card text in OnlyOffice the old card's text only took up a 142 while this new one took up a 171 words.

Screenshot (185).png

Screenshot (186).png