The List of the Best Open Soruce Software that I use and you should use too!

For those of you that don't know what Open Source software is I will give you a belief explanation: Open-source software (OSS) is computer software that is released under a license in which the copyright holder grants users the rights to use, study, change, and distribute the software and its source code to anyone and for any purpose. Open-source software may be developed in a collaborative, public manner. Open-source software is a prominent example of open collaboration, meaning any capable user is able to participate online in development, making the number of possible contributors indefinite. The ability to examine the code facilitates public trust in the software.

https://opensource.com/resources/what-open-source

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_software\

Here is a list of the software I use and I will leave a download link of where to get them beside the name of the software:

Now these software can be downloaded on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.

@Raikoh130 what do you think of my list have any thoughts leave a reply down below with your thoughts and suggestions and if you have anything to add please don't be afraid to do so.

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan

• Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan changed the title to The List of the Best Open Soruce Software that I use and you should use too!
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2023 at 11:59 AM, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

For those of you that don't know what Open Source software is I will give you a belief explanation: Open-source software (OSS) is computer software that is released under a license in which the copyright holder grants users the rights to use, study, change, and distribute the software and its source code to anyone and for any purpose. Open-source software may be developed in a collaborative, public manner. Open-source software is a prominent example of open collaboration, meaning any capable user is able to participate online in development, making the number of possible contributors indefinite. The ability to examine the code facilitates public trust in the software.

https://opensource.com/resources/what-open-source

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_software\

Here is a list of the software I use and I will leave a download link of where to get them beside the name of the software:

Now these software can be downloaded on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.

@Raikoh130 what do you think of my list have any thoughts leave a reply down below with your thoughts and suggestions and if you have anything to add please don't be afraid to do so.

Thanks for sharing this comprehensive list of open-source software! It's great to see individuals embracing and promoting the use of open-source tools. They not only provide users with freedom and flexibility but also contribute to the collaborative and transparent nature of software development. Your compilation covers a wide range of applications, from web browsers and office suites to graphic design and multimedia tools. It's a valuable resource for those exploring alternatives to proprietary software. Keep championing open source, and I'm sure many will find this list beneficial!

• Like 1

On 12/30/2023 at 3:09 AM, Robin Luie said:

Thanks for sharing this comprehensive list of open-source software! It's great to see individuals embracing and promoting the use of open-source tools. They not only provide users with freedom and flexibility but also contribute to the collaborative and transparent nature of software development. Your compilation covers a wide range of applications, from web browsers and office suites to graphic design and multimedia tools. It's a valuable resource for those exploring alternatives to proprietary software. Keep championing open source, and I'm sure many will find this list beneficial!

Yes that is very true. I like Open Source better then Proprietary software.