Neon Summon

Neo-R.

That was my attempt to perform a new Summoning mechanic. I never introduced this in my stories though.

This is the Neon monster cards but I still doubt about the "Level" of the stars. I call them "Class" but I am not sure yet. If anyone has a different suggestion to call the stars, please let me know

red-lightning-infernal-dragon-by-neo-red

Name: Red Lightning Infernal Dragon
Card type: Neon Monster card
Class: 8
Attribute: LIGHT
Type: Dragon
ATK/DEF: 3000/2000

Card lore

You must Neon Summon this card by banishing 1 Level 8 "Red Lightning" monster from your GY. If this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent. Draw 1 card for every 300 Damage inflicted, then send all Monster Cards drawn by this effect to the Graveyard and if you do. Inflict 300 Damag.e for each one.

Edited by Neo-R.
  • Like 1

is banishing materials from the graveyard always the summon condition or is it different for each monster? if it is the same why not simplify it like other summon-types do by saying

"1 Level 8 Red-Lightning Monster

If this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent. Draw 1 card for every 300 Damage inflicted, then send all Monster Cards drawn by this effect to the Graveyard and if you do. Inflict 300 Damage for each one."

i also have concerns about how easily summoned neon monsters would be if banishing the right stuff from the GY is all it takes but i'm not super involved in the irl meta so i can't really say how abusable that is in the actual game, the best i can do is compare it to a similar idea i had that involved banishing monsters from the hand or field to summon (they're basically fusion monsters with some extra stuff thrown in there). if the point of banishing instead of tributing like normal is to make the materials harder to recover that's likely not going to work, decks that play around with the banished zone would just look for the most generic/easiest to summon neon monster since they're essentially free for them and since it takes those materials from the gy you don't even loose any form of card advantage to get them on the board.

that's all assuming that it's the same condition every time though. as for positives i really like the effect of the card itself, effects with variables are always really fun to me, especially monsters who make you do math

The idea is a very interesting one.  I've tried messing with original summoning mechanics a few times, but have usually given up due to the constraints of the existing Extra Deck and other problems

Is the main concept behind the mechanic banishing a monster(s) of a given level and/or name to Summon a Neon monster with a corresponding Class?

Don't know if this is helpful at all, but here's a concept I threw together with "Neon" being the operative word.

RedLightningInfernalDragon.thumb.jpg.a4191fda8b62fb0766618b9d92127e99.jpg

I like this template. I hope I can have it. 

I thought of calling the stars "class" but I found out that Class is occupied from another summoning called Compositio Summon, however I like their design and I'd like to have them along with the template for my MSE for series 9 and 10. That's the only templates I can handle for now

4 hours ago, Neo-R. said:

I like this template. I hope I can have it. 

I thought of calling the stars "class" but I found out that Class is occupied from another summoning called Compositio Summon, however I like their design and I'd like to have them along with the template for my MSE for series 9 and 10. That's the only templates I can handle for now

I'll post up the template I used either tonight or tomorrow.

If the core mechanic of Neon Summoning is just Extra Deck chaos monsters, that actually opens up some very interesting possibilities.  It's strictly speaking stronger than a lot of other mechanics since it uses materials from your GY (summoning a Neon monster is an inherent +1 in card advantage), but it's also HARD hard-countered by cards like Macro Cosmos, D.D. Crow, etc.

Was experimenting with a few different ways to make the mechanic work, and giving Neon monsters Levels and not a unique class/whatever system helps simplify things quite a lot.  For one, it keeps them from being immune to cards that interact with Levels, which is important to consider for balance's sake; these are already cards that give you an immediate +1 when you Summon them, so they're by definition going to be harder to balance out than other mechanics that are a net -1.  Giving them Levels is a minor way to help ensure they can be interacted with by more cards.

1 hour ago, Neo-R. said:

I never liked them, sepecially when MR-5 came out. Tha\s why I don't make Link monsters unless someone asks me

Konami made links too strong at first out of an overdeveloped sense of profit-seeking. They also neutered every other Extra Deck mechanic by making them dependent on Link arrows, but then once they finally did away with that restriction, there wasn't much reason to run links any more except for the busted ones like Halq, Anaconda, Auroradon, etc.  They need to fix the Link mechanic by making cards with good reasons to have them linked, co-linked, etc.