Too many special summoning effects, negate cards and strong cards that should be banned but ain't

I'm sick of bule eyes decks not being able to stand up to the new types of decks, where the opponent summons 1 card and that lets hin summon another and another and so on till his board is maxed out with all high level and akt monsters and i barely have 1 blue-eyes on the field, it's unfair and unsportsmanship like, the game it ment to b about strategy not just fucking up ur opponent and stopping him from doing anything, like playing spells, traps or monster effects, it makes the game pointless, for e.g, i've played irl and master dual and always experience the same type of cheating shit, a player getting the like of naturia barkion, naturia beast and naturia landoise on the field or monsters with the same effects, and yet uyou know in blue-eyes white dragon had these sort of effects they'd b banned.

The game has evolved past the point where short combo decks are viable, unfortunately, Blue-Eyes has been power crept hard in the recent years of Yugioh with Kashtira, Tearlaments, etc. I understand wanting to play a certain deck because you like it, hell, I play Galaxy-Eyes. But I feel as if you shouldn't complain about the game functionality because Blue-Eyes isn't good anymore, I feel like you should Complain that new support hasn't been released for it in such a long time.

On 12/20/2023 at 7:18 AM, S0n1cSkyki113r88 said:

I'm sick of bule eyes decks not being able to stand up to the new types of decks, where the opponent summons 1 card and that lets hin summon another and another and so on till his board is maxed out with all high level and akt monsters and i barely have 1 blue-eyes on the field, it's unfair and unsportsmanship like, the game it ment to b about strategy not just fucking up ur opponent and stopping him from doing anything, like playing spells, traps or monster effects, it makes the game pointless, for e.g, i've played irl and master dual and always experience the same type of cheating shit, a player getting the like of naturia barkion, naturia beast and naturia landoise on the field or monsters with the same effects, and yet uyou know in blue-eyes white dragon had these sort of effects they'd b banned.

Dude, use a period or two.  Reading that was brutal.

Blue-Eyes has been around since the start of the game.  It's also done something not every deck can lay claim to, which is to win a world championship. 

That said, the problem with Blue-Eyes strategies that they'll never truly get away from is that the deck is just too bricky.  Every BE deck has to play a minimum of 3 Garnets.  These aren't just any Garnets, either; unlike the actual Garnet which can be Normal Summoned as a beater in the last resort, BEWD is an unplayable card if you open one or two of them and don't have any way to get them out of your hand or use them.  The biggest problem the deck has is that it's inherently bricky, and it'll never truly get away from that without some busted support cards.

It's hardly "unfair and unsportsmanlike" to play within the rules of the game.  The true problem lies where those rules and cards come from.  Decks like Runick, Mystic Mine, etc.  There are plenty of decks whose core mechanic is to prevent the opponent from playing the game, and I don't believe that that's been a good thing for the game as a whole.  There are too many generic staples, cards such as Ash Blossom, Imperm, Lightning Storm, etc.  In recent years Konami seems to be beginning to move away from that model, releasing fewer generic cards and hitting broken cards/decks faster than they have before. I may be mistaken, but my impression is that Konami is trying to make the meta more and more diverse.  In which case you may be seeing more support for your favorite deck sometime in the not-too-distant future.

• Like 1

Effectively, if you run basic Blue-Eyes without any Chaos support, you're gonna get crushed. Blue-Eyes has both Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon and Dragon Spirit of White as Synchros (note the Eyes of Blue monsters are Tuners). Also, you have a Fusion with Twin Burst Dragon (which can attack twice), Neo Ultimate Dragon (which can attack 3 times), Alternative Ultimate Dragon (which can destroy 3 cards on the field), and Finally Magia which just requires any 3 Blue-Eyes monsters (don't even need an Ultimate Dragon) and any Chaos monster (BLS no longer necessary), which floats into any Chaos/BLS or Blue-Eyes when it leaves the field. But effectively, Standard Blue-Eyes isn't gonna get the job done anymore. Run Chaos support or get crushed. That simple.