I'm hosting a card creation contest!

Delusional was taken

I understand that I don't have much of a reputation on this site, but that isn't going to stop me!

Come one, come all! This contest is a real doozy! The theme for this contest is... Alternate summoning conditions! think about cards like "Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon" which, instead of using 3 Level 9 monsters, you can simply use a Rank 8 "Galaxy-Eyes" Xyz monster you control!

For some bonus points, you can make the card a part of a certain archetype! This contest's bonus archetype is... Red-Eyes!

My scoring system is quite simple, I will rate your card 1-10 in 3 categories: Presentation, theme, and, Functionality. Presentation includes things like the art of your card, set numbers, and serial numbers. Functionality includes things like how difficult the card is to play/use, what it brings to the table, and if it's balanced well. Theme is simply following the theme! You get an extra 5 points for making the card fit in with the bonus archetype as well!

Keep in mind that I am not a Yugioh guru, I may make mistakes in scoring or misunderstand something. All I ask is that you calmly explain to me where I went wrong.

Edited by ISAIAH BEAUSEIGNEUR
I forgot to add a score for following the theme, lol
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, ObexClown said:

Here's my cardKingofAnger_Sinofwrath.thumb.jpeg.02f90f30d1f10ee0134ba423394060d5.jpeg

Alright!
Presentation: I like the art used in the card, definitely fits the FIEND type. However, the footnote is still there, personally, that subtracts from the overall aesthetic of the card. I'll give it a solid 6/10

Functionality: This card has a chapter book for its effect which can lead to confusion on rulings. The effect of "When this card is destroyed and sent to the GY send it to the extra deck" is mostly irrelevant as Pendulum monsters are sent there unless it's stated otherwise. The card seems quite difficult to get out as it requires a Level 10 Synchro monster along with a Level 10 Fusion monster, both with the same attribute, though I can see some cases where it can be brought out. I think the card also has far too much power in terms of destruction and negation, being a walking Infinite Impermanence with fewer restrictions once it's out. I do, however, like the concept of putting a card into your deck face-up, it's a unique effect that adds a new mechanic to the game. My final verdict is a 5/10

Theme: I don't see any Alternative summoning conditions, however, I do like how he's meant to bounce around from the deck, E-Deck, and field. That's a 4/10

Bonus: Unfortunately this is not a "Red-Eyes" card, therefore it cannot receive the extra 5 points.

Overall: 16/35, Not bad! keep practicing and you'll be making bangers in no time!

Edited by ISAIAH BEAUSEIGNEUR

Guard-EyesForestDragon.thumb.jpeg.76e5e03e94d137148f907139f90d82b8.jpeg

Guard-Eyes Forest Dragon [EARTH]

LV 8/Dragon/Effect

(2100/3000)

If you control Level/Rank 7 or higher Dragon "Eyes" monster(s); you can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY. You can only Special Summon this card once per turn this way. Other Level/Rank 7 or higher Dragon "Eyes" monster(s) you control cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effect. Once per turn, you can tribute 1 other Level/Rank 7 or higher monster you control: Draw 2 cards. Your opponent can negate this effect by tribute 1 monster their control with the highest ATK (their choice if tied). You can only control 1 "Guard-Eyes Forest Dragon".

• Shiba Inu 1

On 12/20/2023 at 7:19 PM, ISAIAH BEAUSEIGNEUR said:

I understand that I don't have much of a reputation on this site, but that isn't going to stop me!

Come one, come all! This contest is a real doozy! The theme for this contest is... Alternate summoning conditions! think about cards like "Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon" which, instead of using 3 Level 9 monsters, you can simply use a Rank 8 "Galaxy-Eyes" Xyz monster you control!

For some bonus points, you can make the card a part of a certain archetype! This contest's bonus archetype is... Red-Eyes!

My scoring system is quite simple, I will rate your card 1-10 in 3 categories: Presentation, theme, and, Functionality. Presentation includes things like the art of your card, set numbers, and serial numbers. Functionality includes things like how difficult the card is to play/use, what it brings to the table, and if it's balanced well. Theme is simply following the theme! You get an extra 5 points for making the card fit in with the bonus archetype as well!

Keep in mind that I am not a Yugioh guru, I may make mistakes in scoring or misunderstand something. All I ask is that you calmly explain to me where I went wrong.

how long is the contest open for?

I looked up about the set number for the cards, and I got question about it. This is what I found out about it: 

Most Yu-Gi-Oh! cards have a card number which identifies its set, region and place in the set.

These numbers are formatted as “SET-RN999”:

- “SET” is the two-, three- or four-character set prefix ----------------> (This refers to the pack that it came from, wether it is TCG or OCG. For example: DRLG = Dragons of Legend)

- “RN” is the one- or two-letter regional abbreviation

- “999” is the card’s number in the set

Now with all this information, I now have a question: Do we have to create a new SET for the card? Or do we have to use an already existing one? Do we also have to mention the name of the set? Do we have to specify that Set contents? Do we also gotta mention if it is TCG or OCG?

Edited by JairoLeyn100

• 2 months later...

ChronomalyMayaCalendarColossus.thumb.jpeg.efe2798d0521c7c451396ae6848b613c.jpeg

Chronomaly Maya Calendar Colossus

Link - 2

Rock/Link/Effect

Earth Attribute

ATK 1800/DEF -

2+ "Chronomaly" Monsters
This card can also be Link Summoned by sending materials attached to a "Chronomaly" Xyz Monster you control to the Graveyard. Once per turn, you can detach 1 material from a "Chronomaly" Xyz Monster you control; summon 1 "Chronomaly" monster from your Deck or GY to a zone this card points to. If a "Chronomaly" Xyz Monster is summoned to a zone this card points to: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy it.

On 12/27/2023 at 8:06 PM, JairoLeyn100 said:

I looked up about the set number for the cards, and I got question about it. This is what I found out about it: 

Most Yu-Gi-Oh! cards have a card number which identifies its set, region and place in the set.

These numbers are formatted as “SET-RN999”:

- “SET” is the two-, three- or four-character set prefix ----------------> (This refers to the pack that it came from, wether it is TCG or OCG. For example: DRLG = Dragons of Legend)

- “RN” is the one- or two-letter regional abbreviation

- “999” is the card’s number in the set

Now with all this information, I now have a question: Do we have to create a new SET for the card? Or do we have to use an already existing one? Do we also have to mention the name of the set? Do we have to specify that Set contents? Do we also gotta mention if it is TCG or OCG?

just make it seem like it's part of a real set

On 12/21/2023 at 9:37 PM, Yuma Kaiba said:

Guard-EyesForestDragon.thumb.jpeg.76e5e03e94d137148f907139f90d82b8.jpeg

Guard-Eyes Forest Dragon [EARTH]

LV 8/Dragon/Effect

(2100/3000)

If you control Level/Rank 7 or higher Dragon "Eyes" monster(s); you can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY. You can only Special Summon this card once per turn this way. Other Level/Rank 7 or higher Dragon "Eyes" monster(s) you control cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effect. Once per turn, you can tribute 1 other Level/Rank 7 or higher monster you control: Draw 2 cards. Your opponent can negate this effect by tribute 1 monster their control with the highest ATK (their choice if tied). You can only control 1 "Guard-Eyes Forest Dragon".

Functionality: I personally really like the idea behind a monster that's just general support for things like Red-Eyes and Blue-Eyes, it's also really easy to pull out and has a useful effect due to most "Eyes" archetypes tending to recycle their main monster, draw support is also nice! 8/10

Presentation: In my opinion the name "Guard-Eyes" doesn't roll off the tongue as well as names like "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon" or "Red-Eyes Black Dragon". I do however really like the art and that it matches its EARTH attribute in appearance. 7/10

Theme: The theme was alternative summoning conditions and your card certainly fulfills that theme and, as i stated previously, has good effects to boot! 7/10

Bonus: This card is not specifically a "Red-Eyes" monster so it will not be receiving the extra 5 points.

overall: 22/35. Great job! i loved reading and reviewing this card!

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2024 at 3:39 PM, Topshelfgaymer said:

ChronomalyMayaCalendarColossus.thumb.jpeg.efe2798d0521c7c451396ae6848b613c.jpeg

Chronomaly Maya Calendar Colossus

Link - 2

Rock/Link/Effect

Earth Attribute

ATK 1800/DEF -

2+ "Chronomaly" Monsters
This card can also be Link Summoned by sending materials attached to a "Chronomaly" Xyz Monster you control to the Graveyard. Once per turn, you can detach 1 material from a "Chronomaly" Xyz Monster you control; summon 1 "Chronomaly" monster from your Deck or GY to a zone this card points to. If a "Chronomaly" Xyz Monster is summoned to a zone this card points to: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy it.

Functionality: I wasn't expecting a Chronomaly card to be submitted! I like how this link monster uses the materials attached to your Xyz monsters to recycle your Chronomaly cards, especially with monsters like Chronomaly Vimana which can grab Xyz materials from the GY at will. I do also like how you don't have to summon a Chronomaly monster to a zone the card points to with it's own effect for the effect to work! 10/10!!!!

Presentation: The card follows the Chronomaly naming scheme very well and has a special ring to it. I particularly like the runes and etchings in the monster as if it is a calendar! I will say that it looks somewhat out of place among the other cards within the archetype but that can be explained by it being a Link monster. 9/10

Theme: Alternate summoning conditions galore! Not only does it have one for itself but it special summons monsters from the deck! 8/10

Bonus: While it is part of an archetype i like, it is not a "Red-Eyes" card so it will not recieve the extra 5 points.

Overall: 27/35, Wonderful!

On 3/7/2024 at 10:52 AM, ObexKing said:

TidalKraken.thumb.jpeg.e778d5f5021c45e0d849d993ccf288e3.jpegVoidwingDragonoftheVoid.thumb.jpeg.359910de90157c6214bcf0e8fbd38c4c.jpeg

you already submitted a card.

1 hour ago, ISAIAH BEAUSEIGNEUR said:

Functionality: I wasn't expecting a Chronomaly card to be submitted! I like how this link monster uses the materials attached to your Xyz monsters to recycle your Chronomaly cards, especially with monsters like Chronomaly Vimana which can grab Xyz materials from the GY at will. I do also like how you don't have to summon a Chronomaly monster to a zone the card points to with it's own effect for the effect to work! 10/10!!!!

Presentation: The card follows the Chronomaly naming scheme very well and has a special ring to it. I particularly like the runes and etchings in the monster as if it is a calendar! I will say that it looks somewhat out of place among the other cards within the archetype but that can be explained by it being a Link monster. 9/10

Theme: Alternate summoning conditions galore! Not only does it have one for itself but it special summons monsters from the deck! 8/10

Bonus: While it is part of an archetype i like, it is not a "Red-Eyes" card so it will not recieve the extra 5 points.

Overall: 27/35, Wonderful!

you already submitted a card.

Tidal Kraken actually isn't mine :D

Red-EyesInfernoFlareDragon.thumb.jpeg.649932ca7194f87eee09954313bfc96e.jpeg

"Red-Eyes Inferno Flare Dragon"

DARK - Level 7

DUNE-EN100

Dragon/Ritual/Effect

ATK/2400 - DEF/2000

Effect:

You can Ritual Summon this card by tributing 1 Level/Rank 7 "Red-Eyes" monster you control, except "Red-Eyes Inferno Flare Dragon". If this card is Ritual or Special Summoned: You can Set 1 "Red-Eyes" Trap Card directly from your Deck, and if you do, you can activate it this turn. Each time your opponent summons a monster, inflict 200 damage to your opponent. If this card you control is sent to the GY or is banished: You can target 1 "Red-Eyes" monster in your GY or face-up banished pile, except "Red-Eyes Inferno Flare Dragon"; Special Summon it, and if it was a "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" that was Special Summoned, it cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects.

• 1 month later...

Hope I am not too late.

OVERLINK MAX-YZ DRAGON

DARK Link-8

8000 ATK 

Dragon/Link/Effect

8 Normal Monsters on the Field
You can detach Materials from Xyz Monsters to treat the Materials as Materials for this card's Link Summon. This card cannot leave the field, be used as Material, be tributed or be destroyed by battle. This card is unaffected by card effects other than its own. If your opponent controls a Monster with higher ATK than this card, this card can attack your opponent directly. While this card is on the Field you cannot lose the Duel.

OVERLINKMAX-YZDRAGON(1).thumb.jpeg.0f2213ca6cc60ff4a18b32c242e3e0b0.jpeg