Borrel Roulette - Borrel/Rokket support

Afanis

That's pretty darned good when it goes off.  With no way to search this card it's kind of sacky, but if you do have it it's going to be strong. Probably run it as a 3-of and use it to extend after summoning Quadborrel or Booster Dragon.

This could potentially make the card too strong, but perhaps it could have the alternative activating condition of destroying 1 Level 4 or lower "Rokket" monster in your hand and then excavating cards equal to that destroyed monster's Level.  That might be too strong, honestly, but it'd make the card a lot less likely to be dead in hand.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rongaulius said:

That's pretty darned good when it goes off.  With no way to search this card it's kind of sacky, but if you do have it it's going to be strong. Probably run it as a 3-of and use it to extend after summoning Quadborrel or Booster Dragon.

This could potentially make the card too strong, but perhaps it could have the alternative activating condition of destroying 1 Level 4 or lower "Rokket" monster in your hand and then excavating cards equal to that destroyed monster's Level.  That might be too strong, honestly, but it'd make the card a lot less likely to be dead in hand.

Oh for sure, this definitely is the sort of card that will be useful at some points and a complete brick in others. Borrels and Rokkets definitely need to get a good spell searcher to ever be properly playable on their own, since ashing Striker Dragon already kills the deck. I just thought it'd be funny, since borrels are obviously based on revolvers, to have a card parodying the concept of russian roulette. You're spinning the barrel (Link rating) and adding 1 of the revealed cards (the bullet) to your hand/ and or Special Summoning it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Afanis said:

Oh for sure, this definitely is the sort of card that will be useful at some points and a complete brick in others. Borrels and Rokkets definitely need to get a good spell searcher to ever be properly playable on their own, since ashing Striker Dragon already kills the deck. I just thought it'd be funny, since borrels are obviously based on revolvers, to have a card parodying the concept of russian roulette. You're spinning the barrel (Link rating) and adding 1 of the revealed cards (the bullet) to your hand/ and or Special Summoning it.

Wow I like that concept. Very well done! It definitely is a 'good' searcher card for both Rokket and Borrel cards. Although, it is kinda OP if you don't give it a limitation to how many copies of this card can be activated in 1 turn. In this case, I'll suggest you make it a 1 copy for each turn. Like this: "You can only activate 1 "Borrel Roulette once per turn". That way it would be more ballanced.

Also I really like the artwork. Where did ya find it?

On 1/6/2024 at 7:46 PM, JairoLeyn100 said:

Wow I like that concept. Very well done! It definitely is a 'good' searcher card for both Rokket and Borrel cards. Although, it is kinda OP if you don't give it a limitation to how many copies of this card can be activated in 1 turn. In this case, I'll suggest you make it a 1 copy for each turn. Like this: "You can only activate 1 "Borrel Roulette once per turn". That way it would be more ballanced.

Also I really like the artwork. Where did ya find it?

Yup you're right on the HOPT, I added that lol. And thanks for the nice comments! Borrels and Rokkets are my favorite archotype, so coming up with fun cards for them is really enjoyable. Also, the art is taken from an Anime exclusive Borrel trap used by Revolver in his duel against Lightning!

• Like 1