Kuribott

Kuribott.thumb.jpeg.22cb89b09ff25e66d7c437f04e37b219.jpeg

Kuribott

Rank 1/DARK/Fiend/Xyz/Effect

2+ Level 1 monsters
When monster(s) you control is targeted for an attack or by card effect, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate that attack or activation, and if you do, Special Summon as many "Kuriboh Tokens" (Fiend/DARK/Level 1/ATK 300/DEF 200) as possible, in Defense Position. These Token cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon. This card gains 500 ATK/DEF for each "Kuriboh Token" on the field. 

(300/200)

• Like 1

I am... Not entirely sure what this would even be played in. I definitely like that it can trigger off your own targeting effects, becuz that allows you to use this as a combo tool with all those Tokens. The problem is... I'm having a hard time thinking of a Level 1 strategy that targets cards frequently, with the capability to target their own stuff... I'd say Purrely, cuz some of the Memories target a monster on the field (looking at you, Delicious Memory), but the problem there is that it negates the activation. And you really don't want to negate your Memory effects. The card's certainly neat, if you can find a home for it, even if it ultimately will just be a similar situation to Tomahawk creating Tokens for Link spam plays. But if you can't find a home for it, it's the kind of card that won't see any play, and is relegated to being pack-filler.

The attack negation also triggering this is neat, but realistically, that's never going to happen. Your opponent is just going to pop/bounce/banish/tribute over it before they even touch their Battle Phase.

And the ATK boost is hilarious, but honestly, the worst effect on this card. Maybe it can push for lethal in that deck that houses this card well? But again, you have to find a deck that can consistently make and trigger this card on their own turn...

Edited by xlArisenRoselx

29 minutes ago, 0PxPz0 said:

was this intended to combo with detonate, because that was my first thought

I didn't even think about that, cuz I was moreso thinking about meta applications. Though, in theory, I suppose you play this in a fun Kuribrothers decklist? The idea would be to make this alongside a "Kuriboh" monster, then use Kuribeh's effect in hand on the "Kuriboh" monster, and chain Kuribott's effect? Ideally, you'd have searched Detonate with Kuribee's effect, but at that point you've forgone what that deck *usually* does, with the Spell that summons out Kuribabylon in favor of this weird pop 4 play - and that's all you accomplish with this deck idea, nothing more. Certainly a funny thing to do, but nowhere near good.