I made some Blue-Eyes support And I want the forum to rate how good my card is from 1-10

Name: Blue-Eyes Raid Dragon 

Level: 9

Effect: Must First be Special Summoned by the effect of Blue-Eyes Raid. When this card is on the field Dragon type monsters you control {excluding this card} can gain ATK equal to another Dragon type monster{s} you control but the targeted monster{s} cannot attack.

Pendulum Effect: While this card is in a Pendulum Zone You can Pendulum Summon Blue-Eyes Ritual Monsters Ignoring their summoning conditions. When you have 3 Blue-Eyes monsters on your field you can Special Summon this card from the pendulum zone Ignoring Its summoning Conditions.

Type: Dragon/Pendulum/Effect

ATK: 3500

DEF: 3000

Attribute: DARK

I forgot to add that its pendulum scales are 0

• Like 1

Wrong forum.  Should be posted in the Casual Cards section.

Blue-Eyes has two weaknesses: Consistency and fragility.  The deck can make some decent plays and has a few fairly good boss monsters. Where it comes up lacking is in the department of bricking if you open too many high-level monsters, and being able to recover if it makes its big play but the board gets broken.  Or the combo gets stopped halfway through, for that matter.  

Your card does three main things: Boosts another Blue-Eyes' ATK, helps you Pendulum Summon Blue-Eyes monsters, and lets you Special Summon Blue-Eyes ritual monsters without a Ritual Spell.  Blue-Eyes doesn't care about Pendulum summoning, the monsters already have 3k or more ATK, and the Ritual monsters are decent but just don't do much to justify running them.  None of those are bad things to have, but Blue-Eyes as a deck needs a lot more than just that to make it playable.

The card's attributes are also not great for the deck it's supposed to support.  First of all it's Level 9, which is bad offhand because that means it doesn't go well with Trade-In.  It also can't be searched off of Melody of Awakening Dragon since its stats aren't 3000/2500.  Ironically, this card would be better if it had less DEF.  The Dark attribute isn't terrible since Chaos variants of Blue-Eyes run Dark monsters anyway. The fact that it's a Pendulum monster means it isn't nearly as bricky as the other Level 8's the deck runs, but you still wouldn't really want to have more than one in your starting hand.

Bottom line, if rating this on a scale of 1-10, I'd say it's a 5 as a standalone card and no more than a 3 in terms of what it does for its deck.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Ted Hurliman said:

I must admit it has heavy attack which I like and so much blue eyes summoning you should add a pendulum scale that will increase power, 9 out of 10

Also rongaulius way to make someone feel bad

You're basing your guess that the OP had his feelings hurt on what, precisely?  You're definitely doing no more than assuming, since the OP has only one post on this entire forum and this thread is it.

The OP asked for a rating on a scale of 1-10.  I rated it based on personal experience from designing cards very similar to that one in the past, that seemed cool in concept but were worthless when I actually tried to play them in a Blue-Eyes Deck.  Which I did, many times.

If you're referring to the bit about posting in the proper forum, get over it.  This thread is in the wrong forum.  The rules are never enforced since the mods and admin hardly ever come to the site any more, or a mod would have said the same as I did but with a much shorter temper.

Edited by Rongaulius

Problem: Blue-Eyes actually has little to no support from it's own type. What I mean by this is that the only low level Dragons in the Blue-Eyes archetype are The White Stone of Legend, White Stone of the Ancients and Paladin of White Dragon. All other support is pretty much Spellcasters and Warriors (Kaibaman). Blue-Eyes White Dragon itself is used more as a support to the other Blue-Eyes monsters. For a Ritual monster, Blue-Eyes Chaos Dragon is your best bet. Especially considering that if you drop a Blue-Eyes White Dragon to summon it, it switches the battle position of every monster your opponent controls, reduces them to 0/0 and inflicts piercing damage and the other upside is that it can't be hit by stuff like Magic Cylinder.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2024 at 3:54 PM, Super Mario Won said:

Well Kaiba is awsome and Blue Eyes is cool

Noted. My real deck is more akin to what Kaiba would realistically use. The Eyes of Blue Archtype has no heavy hitters. So I went for generic LIGHT and Dragon supprt cards. Having tribute fodder is nice but you gotta be sure your tribute fodder is gonna be on the field for at least a turn.