Custom Archetype: Divine Arsenal

I have always wondered about "Divine Arsenal AA-ZEUS - Sky Thunder" if there could be a Archetype surrounding the card. I wanted the Archetype to be fun to use but at the same time not be too overpowered since Zeus's effects are pretty powerful. So I decided to create an Archetype surrounding Zeus and I think it fits the criteria. 

Too start, the Deck focuses around the Battle Phase, in which the divine arsenal monsters climb to Zeus. There are 3 main deck monsters who all have an "If this card is Normal or Special Summoned" effect as well as the following effect. "When an attack is declared involving this card and an opponent's monster (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon 1 Rank 10 or lower "Divine Arsenal" monster from your Extra Deck, and if you do, attach both this card and the opponent's monster as material. You can only use each effect of "[Name of Card]" once per turn. I think this effect is very powerful however it is nerfed by only being able to be used during the battle phase. The other Spells and Traps in the archetype support this gameplan as well. I decided to do Rank 10 since I didn't want the archetype to be able to Summon into Zeus until after the battle phase.

Each monster is named after a Greek god or goddess and have the same naming structure as Zeus. I have placed all the Archetype cards below with their card art, except for the spells/traps since I couldn't find art for them. I want to know if these cards are too powerful or what balancing you would recommend for the Archetype that doesn't change their playing style. I hope you like the cards!!

Field Spell: Divine Arsenal Citadel

When this card is activated: You can add 1 "Divine Arsenal" card from your Deck to your hand. This card is unaffected by your monster effects. Divine Arsenal monsters on the field cannot be targeted or negated by card effects during the Battle Phase. Twice per turn, if a Divine Arsenal Xyz Monster is Xyz Summoned to your field: You can draw 1 card. You can only activate 1 "Divine Arsenal Citadel" per turn.

Quick-Play Spell: Divine Arsenal Artillery

Special Summon 1 "Divine Arsenal" monster from your Deck. The Special Summon cannot be negated, also your opponent cannot activate cards or effects when a monster is Special Summoned this way. You can only activate 1 "Divine Arsenal Artillery" per turn.

Counter Trap: Divine Arsenal Ambush Tactics

When your opponent declares an attack and you control a face-up "Divine Arsenal" monster: Target 1 attacking monster your opponent controls; Special Summon 1 Rank 10 or lower "Divine Arsenal" Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck using that attacking monster and this card as materials. You can only use this effect of "Divine Arsenal Ambush Tactics" once per turn. If you control "Divine Arsenal AA-ZEUS - Sky Thunder", you can activate this card from your hand.

Monster: Divine Arsenal QK-HERA - Storm Empress - WIND Level 4 Machine/Effect 1800/1200

If this card is NormDivineArsenalQK-HERA-StormEmpress.thumb.jpeg.c4b2d07d020953d8c7961d14fdb207dd.jpegal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Divine Arsenal" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Divine Arsenal AA-HERA - Storm Empress." When an attack is declared involving this card and an opponent's monster (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon 1 Rank 10 or lower "Divine Arsenal" monster from your Extra Deck, and if you do, attach both this card and the opponent's monster as material. You can only use each effect of "Divine Arsenal AA-HERA - Storm Empress" once per turn.

Monster: Divine Arsenal WP-APOLLO - Solar Artillery - EARTH Level 4 Machine/Effect 1600/2000

DivineArsenalWP-APOLLO-SolarArtillery.thumb.jpeg.aa0da4c25e9ebbf2450988450e7f7d3f.jpegIf this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 Machine monster in your GY; add it to your hand. When an attack is declared involving this card and an opponent's monster (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon 1 Rank 10 or lower "Divine Arsenal" monster from your Extra Deck, and if you do, attach both this card and the opponent's monster as material. You can only use each effect of "Divine Arsenal AA-APOLLO - Solar Artillery" once per turn.

Monster: Divine Arsenal MJ-ATHENA - Thunderous Strategist - LIGHT Level 4 Machine/Effect 1900/800

DivineArsenalMJ-ATHENA-ThunderousStrategist.thumb.jpeg.ab378cf58d00654f5a8b26dbfa9cc2ac.jpegIf this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can discard 1 card; add 1 "Divine Arsenal" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand. When an attack is declared involving this card and an opponent's monster (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon 1 Rank 10 or lower "Divine Arsenal" monster from your Extra Deck, and if you do, attach both this card and the opponent's monster as material. You can only use each effect of "Divine Arsenal AA-ATHENA - Thunderous Strategist" once per turn.

Xyz Monster: Divine Arsenal FO-HERMES - Sky Messenger - WIND Rank 4 Machine/Xyz/Effect 2400/1800

DivineArsenalFO-HERMES-SkyMessenger.thumb.jpeg.c6f6521b3416351b1c5084e19ba0b241.jpeg2+ Level 4 Machine monsters
(Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card; Special Summon 1 "Divine Arsenal" monster from your hand. When an attack is declared involving this card and an opponent's monster (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon 1 Rank 10 or lower "Divine Arsenal" monster from your Extra Deck, and if you do, attach both this card and the opponent's monster as material. You can only use each effect of "Divine Arsenal AA-HERMES - Sky Messenger" once per turn.

Xyz Monster: Divine Arsenal XW-POSEIDON - Ocean Sovereign - WATER Rank 9 Machine/Xyz/Effect 2700/2700

DivineArsenalXW-POSEIDON-OceanSovereign.thumb.jpeg.e7d852abe6c5b2d34fc1026c46696d60.jpeg2+ Level 9 monsters
Once per turn, if an Xyz Monster battled this turn, all "Divine Arsenal" monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF. (Quick Effect): You can detach 2 materials from this card; shuffle all monsters that were Special Summoned from the Extra Deck into the Deck. Once per turn, if another card(s) you control is destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect: You can take control of 1 monster your opponent controls until the End Phase. 

Xyz Monster: Divine Arsenal ZZ-HADES - Blaze Vanguard - FIRE Rank 10 Machine/Xyz/Effect 3000/2500

DivineArsenalZZ-HADES-BlazeVanguard.thumb.jpeg.70436467e548f1a207854abb57a360c2.jpeg2+ Level 10 monsters
Once per turn, if an Xyz Monster battled this turn: You can banish 1 "Divine Arsenal" monster from your GY; inflict 1000 LP to your opponent. (Quick Effect): You can detach 2 materials from this card; banish all cards from your opponent's GY. Once per turn, if another card(s) you control is destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect: You can Special Summon 1 banished monster.

These are all the monsters I have come up with for now. There is always room for improvement and I want to know how some of you could improve this archetype or if you could improve specific cards. 

The idea seems interesting. As a "going 2nd" and a glass cannon archetype vulnerable to removal and disruption, while being strong on your own time, it might work. 
Disclaimer: I'm not very in tune with the current meta, never have been completely on board with the insane power creep or the 10minute combo solitaire the game has become.

Field Spell: Sounds absolutely busted and does too much things at once without any drawbacks, relevant restrictions or maintenance cost.
1. Tutors 1 "D.A. (Divine Arsenal i'll shorten it to spare text space). So, an inherent 1 for 1, even able to search a copy of itself. Seems OK.
2. Provides protection from most common forms of removal for D.A.s during the battle phase, when their own effects are set to trigger and take place. Seems OK.
3. Is immune to D.A. friendly fire. Nothing too outrageous here.
4. Lets you draw up to twice per turn... sounds like the straw breaking the camel's back, but the way it's worded - it will rarely trigger. The enemy absorbing effects you have are not treated as Xyz Summon, neither of them state they are, currently they are regular Special Summons from the Extra Deck, aside the original Zeus who explicitly says he's being Xyz Summoned with his effect.

- Hera, Athena & Apollo: Good searchers/fetch on easy to summon Level 4s. The second effect seems a bit too strong though. Your only downside is having to attack, making them somewhat vulnerable to battle traps, that are also unpopular nowadays, or so I hear (if you have the field spell, it's all irrelevant either way). It's a very unique form of removal, but might be too easy to trigger.
Hermes: sounds OK. Remedies the biggest problem your D.A.s have - lack of special summons of your main deck monsters.
- Poseidon's effect is kinda weird, he would shuffle himself and all your Xyz D.A.s you dumped your resources to the deck with his own effect to, is he meant to be monster removal + recycle?
- Hades: a mild burn effect and total GY removal. One mediocre and one absolutely overpowered effect with laughable cost. I admire the lore behind Hades, being able to purge things from the underworld, but total removal is a bit too much, considering how easy his summon is made via the other D.A. cards.

Overall an idea worth exploring, but strays too much from the original. They don't follow the naming convention either, you have your "Divine Arsenal", 2-letters indentifying the mech codename, Greek God origin in ALL CAPS, but then go a bit too freeform with their descriptors. You could save all the deity names for big Xyz Monsters and use less powerful people from greek mythology as the Main Deck monsters. You could have named the field spell - Olympus (where the gods live and where these intimidating super-mechs could be summoned from.).

My suggestion (feel free to ignore and focus on your own D.A.s):
You could just make mini-Xyz Archetype of just strong Boss monsters named after The Twelve Olympians and the same summoning requirement (1) and self-replenishing effect (3) with an extra thing mixed in (2). In this case you can just focus on balancing 11 strong cards splashable in any Xyz-inclusive deck, instead of trying to build an entire deck around them.

1. Once per turn, if an Xyz Monster battled this turn, you can also Xyz Summon "Divine Arsenal XX-DEITY - Natural Phenomenon" by using 1 Xyz Monster you control as material. (Transfer its materials to this card.)
+ 2. Unique effect that goes well with the theme of the god you're referencing. (Hades -GY shenanigans, Hermes - messenger (search cards?), Ares - war, trigger another battle phase?)
3 Once per turn, if another card(s) you control is destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect: You can attach 1 card from your hand, Deck, or Extra Deck to this card as material.

Ok I agree with the field Spell, the draw effect is too powerful and doesn't really make a much of sense. Also the name as well is Better if it was Olympus.  The new card will be as follows:

Field Spell: Divine Arsenal Olympus

When this card is activated: You can add 1 "Divine Arsenal" card from your Deck to your hand. This card is unaffected by your monster effects. Divine Arsenal monsters on the field cannot be targeted or negated by card effects during the Battle Phase. You can only activate 1 "Divine Arsenal Citadel" per turn.

Not alot of text with the card but powerful for the archetype.

Secondly, While the effect is really strong, to get to the battle phase, is difficult since if they leave the field before getting there, they can't activate the effect, and the archetype does have to go second, if they go first it would be very hard to get to the battle phase as well. I think it is O.k. since this is hard to do so. I also was trying to balance the insane effect by not allowing the field spell to get searched easy since their are no Spell/Trap searches except for the field spell which is harder to find, and if they have the field spell and no monsters the field spell would have to search a monster as well. Poseidan's Effect was weird because I wanted to do shuffling effect because waves but I forgot that he would Shuffle himself back in. I have also changed his take control effect to shuffle a card from your GY into the Deck to draw 1 card.

2+ Level 9 monsters
Once per turn, if an Xyz Monster battled this turn, all "Divine Arsenal" monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF. (Quick Effect): You can detach 2 materials from this card; shuffle all monsters that were Special Summoned from the Extra Deck into the Deck, except for "Divine Arsenal XW-POSEIDON -Ocean Sovereign". Once per turn, if another card(s) you control is destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect: You can take shuffle 1 monster from your GY into the Deck; draw 1 card.

On that same not hades is too strong, however I wanted both to be similar to zeus in that they send/remove/shuffle all monsters, so I think removing all monsters from the GY instead of all cards is better. The new card is as follows:

2+ Level 10 monsters
Once per turn, if an Xyz Monster battled this turn: You can banish 1 "Divine Arsenal" monster from your GY; inflict 1000 LP to your opponent. (Quick Effect): You can detach 2 materials from this card; banish all monsters from the GY. Once per turn, if another card(s) you control is destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect: You can Special Summon 1 banished monster.

With the names I used chatGPT, because I didn't know how the naming convention for the second part would work. If I took more time in the naming I would probably of done nicknames for war vehicles where since Sky Thunder is a jet fighter, poseidon and hades would be a submarine, and a tanker, but I din't know which names to give because of a lack of knowledge on the topic. 

Finally with the idea for the 12 Xyz monsters you can splash into any archetype, I had thought about that 2 however there are 2 reasons I didn't go with that.

1) All cards that I make I script into EdoPro because it is fun to use the cards in a game. I also have used dueling book but with that u need people to play with and most of the people I know including myself are busy with School, or Jobs.

2) I thought making an archetype would be less strong since every card would be able to jump into each other and it would be closer to what zodiacs do but with each card being alot stronger.

Overall I appreciate the suggestions and I think with those it looks good. If you were to make a card with this format and playstyle what would it look like?

Side Note: I may do the suggestion anyway and see what it looks like

Edited by The2kGod Raah
Extra Note
  • Like 1