Is it ok to do this?

Draw 1 card, then Toss a coin and apply the effect based on the side of it
●Heads: Both players banished as many spell cards as possible from the deck and every draw phase after this card is activated, During the draw phase, the player in that turn adds randomly 1 spell card that is banished by this card effect to the hand.
●Tails: Both players banished as many trap cards as possible from the deck and every draw phase after this card is activated, during the draw phase, the player in that turn sets randomly 1 trap card that is banished by this card {It can be activated this turrn}.

Moon of the Moop (1).jpeg

This is the updated version

Draw 1 card, then Toss a coin and apply the effect based on the side of it for the remainder of the Duel
●Heads: Both players banished as many spell cards as possible from the deck and every draw phase after this card is activated, During the draw phase, the player in that turn adds randomly 1 spell card that is banished by this card effect to the hand.
●Tails: Both players banished as many trap cards as possible from the deck and every draw phase after this card is activated, during the draw phase, the player in that turn sets randomly 1 trap card that is banished by this card {It can be activated this turrn}.

Moon of the Moop (2).jpeg

Edited by Nocromontodos
  • Like 1

This is a really interesting idea! I'm not too familiar with recent cards, but I'm trying to think if there are other cards that have "for the rest of the game" type effects. I want to say there exists a spell where you discard 5 cards and then draw 2 every turn in the future, but... I could be wrong.

8 hours ago, Jordan Ashwood said:

This is a really interesting idea! I'm not too familiar with recent cards, but I'm trying to think if there are other cards that have "for the rest of the game" type effects. I want to say there exists a spell where you discard 5 cards and then draw 2 every turn in the future, but... I could be wrong.

There is a card called time-rending morganite that doesn't discard any cards, but once you play it every draw from then on you draw 2, also you can normal summon twice. The side effect of it is that you can't activate cards from the hand for the remainder of the duel. But Spell's/Traps dont activate in the hand usually, so it only stops hand traps in the decks where you would play it.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 2:18 PM, Jordan Ashwood said:

I think that you are thinking of Guarded Sanctuary, but Time Tearing Morganite (I wish they kept Rending from the direct translation) also lets you draw twice per draw phase and it's pretty new. 

This is a Spell, which draws a card. Also known as a cantrip. Cantrips like One Day of Peace or Upstart Goblin are very problematic in Yu-Gi-Oh, because they thin the deck and increase consistency for FTKs. In the best case you can banish almost your entire deck and then summon Necroface or other cards which love banished cards or chain this some Draw cards like Trade-In to draw your remaining Exodia parts.

You can also play a deck which does not really care for Spells / Traps, e. g. a Pendulum deck.

Because this is a Quick Spell, you can chain it to other Spells or monster effects which prevent your cards from being banished.

There are also many Spells and Traps which activate when they are banished, including 3 Kashtira Spells and 1 Kashtira Trap, 2 Swordsoul Spells and 3 Swordsoul Traps. You could Banish the cards face-down instead, but this would open the doors for other cards like Eater of Millions.

I don't think, that card would work as you expected.

• Thanks 1