Fatal Females

I cannot agree with that. I'm sorry' date=' I just can't.

And if there ARE, then you can bet that whatever they said in the Japanese version was most likely more philosophical. Yugioh in Japanese is philosophical in general.

[/quote']

Lies...they just like to play silly card games. *sarcasm*

I must admit this:4kids may ruin GX' date='but some of their lines are philosphical.

[/quote']

No, 4Kids always makes the show less philosophical.

For example, in the Virtual World arc, the dub of the first member of the Big 5 was talking about business and called his cards "investments". In the original Japanese version, he spends the duel quoting philosophers, often on the topic of building an army.

As you might expect, 4Kids is excellent at substituting money for philosophy.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Well' date=' Cyber Angels are good, but Harpies have like, a million supports. And yeah, there's Phoenix formation and Suzaku formation. Plus, Mai is only ever shown to lose against Joey, Marik, and Yugi. o-o

[/quote']

Don't forget the duel in which her performance was best: a spectacular loss to Tea Gardner.

Alexis wins.

Well' date=' Cyber Angels are good, but Harpies have like, a million supports. And yeah, there's Phoenix formation and Suzaku formation. Plus, Mai is only ever shown to lose against Joey, Marik, and Yugi. o-o

[/quote']

Don't forget the duel in which her performance was best: a spectacular loss to Tea Gardner.

Alexis wins.

Mai could have won with the card she drew but wanted Yugi to have the star chips.

Alexis would win.

Sure, just like Yugi could have won with the card he drew but surrendered because he wanted to give Joey his Red-Eyes B. Dragon back. You're confusing Mai with Solomon. Fact is, she's too much of a coward to face anyone. Alexis is also a good duelist, and doesn't have a deck which revolves around a single Normal Spell card.

Sure' date=' just like Yugi could have won with the card he drew but surrendered because he wanted to give Joey his Red-Eyes B. Dragon back. You're confusing Mai with Solomon. Fact is, she's too much of a coward to face anyone. Alexis is also a good duelist, and doesn't have a deck which revolves around a single Normal Spell card.

[/quote']

Yugi never surrendered to Jounochi. Jou won that duel. It was stated in a freakin' interview. -_-

So anyone who surrenders is now a coward? Because every time I've seen a surrender in the anime, there was a good reason behind it.

MY POINT EXACTLY. Joey WON that duel, the same way Tea technically WON the duel with Mai.

And Alexis is a better person and duelist besides, you have to admit. Mai is always getting beaten; by the Rare Hunters, by those guys Dartz had in Season IV, by Joey (who at that point was a suckish amateur)... the list goes on and on. Alexis, on the other hand, held her own against those Shadow Whotheheckevertheywere.

MY POINT EXACTLY. Joey WON that duel' date=' the same way Tea technically WON the duel with Mai.

And Alexis is a better person and duelist besides, you have to admit. Mai is always getting beaten; by the Rare Hunters, by those guys Dartz had in Season IV, by Joey (who at that point was a suckish amateur)... the list goes on and on. Alexis, on the other hand, held her own against those Shadow Whotheheckevertheywere.

[/quote']

I'm saying he won legitimately, not because Yugi surrendered. The only duel Yugi has ever surrendered was the one against Rebecca.

I agree- Asuka IS a better person than Mai, and is much more likable. But here's a summary of Mai's losses:

Jounochi - I'll agree, just sad.

Panic - Took her by surprise and mentally taxed her.

Proceeds to glide through the tournament, winning so much that she gained 2 sets of 10 Star Chips.

Anzu - She surrendered so that Anzu could just get the Star chips for Yugi. She could have won easily, and even got a card that would have done it.

Yami - Come on! You're gonna hold it against her for losing to him?

She never lost to a Ghoul/Rare Hunter. She never even dueled one.

Marik - Not only did he warp her mind with his Seinen Rod, but she STILL could have beaten him - the problem was that she Summoned 3 Harpies, and then Sacrificed them for Ra. SHE COULD HAVE JUST USED HER DAMN HARPIES. But how was she to know that she wouldn't be able to control Ra after his summoning?

She then defeated Pegasus. And on both her subsequent encounters with Jounochi, she would have won both times were it not for Helmos, a card he normally wouldn't have had if it weren't for the whole "World in Danger" thing. She won on the second encounter anyway, and their first duel was interrupted by Varon.

Finally, bear this in mind - while she has been shown losing most of her on-screen duels, it is also shown that she breezed right through Duelist Kingdom, Battle City, and many, many tournaments afterward.

Mai is not a bad duelist - she's just depicted badly.

[/quote']

AND panic.... (remember on the duelist kingdom? with pegasus)

anyways I think mai will win

Alexis wins.

SHE LET TEA WIN!!!

Mary would have won against Marik if she wouldn't summon Ra' date=' I mean who would know about that secret chant or whatever... That was Marik's tricky move (Actually it was a good one, congratz Marik) but still Mai is better than Marik.

Check the thread about the 10 top duelists, there I have a complete explanation about Yugi and Joey. Meanwhile:

In Pegasus' Island, Mai was gonna win against Yugi, if it weren't for Atem she would have won.

Joey isn't good, the LUCK is the good one. Mai would have won if Joey wouldn't call that Time Wizard's effect right. I mean that's not a duelist move, that was pure Luck, if that's being a good duelist, then a gambler would be the best duelist EVER.

----

In a duel between Alexis and Mai, both of them drawing their best cards in the first draw, Mai would have won.

Mai:

Hand: 1 - Harpie Lady (Could be 1, 2, 3 or Cyber), 2 - Elegant Egotist, 1 - Harpie Lady Phoenix Formation, 1 - Harpie Lady Sparrow Formation, 1 - Feather Duster.

Alexis:

1 - Polymerization, 1 - Blade Skater, 1 - Etoile Cyber, 1 - Machine Angel Ritual, 2 - Cyer Angel Dakini.

Mai - 4000

Alexis - 4000

If Alexis starts:

Alexis: "I activate polymerization, that way I can summon Cyber Blader, and then I active Machine Angel Ritual, so I send 1 Cyber Ange Dakini to Ritual Summon another Cyber Angel Dakini, and then I end."

[b']A skater with long blue hair and wearing a red uniform appeared in the middle of Alexis' field, followed by a woman with six arms holding a sword on each[/b]

Mai: "Ok, I summon Cyber Harpie Lady, then I activate Elegant Egotist, so I can Special Summon another Cyber Hapie Lady, and now I use this card Harpie Lady Phoenix Formation"

The two Cyber Hapie Lady's body started top burn into a blue flame and the two Cyber Hapie Lady made a reckless attack against Alexis' monsters

Mai - 4000

Alexis - 0000

If Mai starts:

Mai: "I summon Cyber Harpie Lady, and then two Elegant Egotist, then I set a card and end my turn"

A Cyber Harpie Lady appeared in the middle of Mai's field, and suddenly it started to shine and splitted into three

Alexis: "My card, Machine Angel Ritual, I send one Dakini to get one Dakini into the field, and that way I can destroy one of your monsters"

A woman with six arms holding numerous weapons on each hand sliced one Cyber Harpie Lady

Alexis: "And then I Fusion Summon, with Blade Skater and Etoile Cyber, to bring Cyber Skater"

A skater with long blue hair and wearing a red uniform appeared in the middle of Alexis' field

Alexis: "And its ATK rose to 4200! attack Dakini and Cyber Skater"

Mai: "Not so fast I use my face-down card, Harpie Lady Sparrow Formation, this turn my monsters won't be destroyed and I won't get any battle damage"

Alexis: "Fine I end"

Mai: "My turn, so I use Harpie Lady Phoenix Formation"

Mai - 4000

Alexis - 0000

---

Alexis could only summoned the Cyber Skater, so it would negated Mai's Trap card, and then attack and summon Dakini, that way Mai would have taken 300 damaage points and -2 Cyber Harpie Lady.

But in Mai's turn she would have draw (remember the best cards they could draw) Monster Reborn (but that's not like a signature card) or Harpie Queen (but that would be such an easy win) so another Elegant Egotist, that way she would summon Harpie Lady Sisters in defense position and then use Phoenix Formation to destroy Dakini.

Mai - 3700

Alexis - 1400

Then Alexis' would draw let's see... I think Cyber Tutu would be the best choice, because she doesn't have any more stronger monsters and Cyber Tutu can inflict direct damage. Then she would have attacked Cyber Harpie Lady with Cyber Skater and attacked directly with Cyber Tutu.

Mai - 1300

Alexis - 1400

Mai's turn, she would draw Triangle Ecstasy Spark, and the attacked that Cyber Tutu, and have won the duel.

Mai - 1300

Alexis - 1400

As you may see, I used only signature cards, like only Harpie card for Mai, and only Cyber Angels - Girls for Alexis, so don't come here and say Alexis would used Lightning Vortex and destroyed Mai's Harpies and attacked and won the duel.

Archived