Fanfic: "Severing The Ties" (Chapter 4 up; Not long, but I'm back.)

Shoulf I continue this?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Shoulf I continue this?

• Yes! It's good.
    • No, it's lame.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So this took forever, and it may not be a good or long Ch. 4, but I wanted to bring it back. I'll be adding to it soon.

Chapter 4

(Alexander paced inside his room, nibbling his lower lip as he always did when he was nervous. Suddenly, a memory of the defeat Falus dealt him returned, leaving him shaking. Dark Armed Dragon... the name itself instilled fear into his thoughts. As he shook it off, Luso entered his room, crystal blue eyes locked into Alexander.)

Alexander: "Have you found him?"

(Luso turned slightly, as if trying to evade the question.)

"We cannot even find one foot print. He's disappeared. What you told me, and what others saw... I cannot mistake it as a mere coincidence that your actions and words were muffled by a veil of shadow he conjured up. He has defected."

(Alexander released a heavy sigh, as if he had been waiting for that answer all along. He sunk into his armchair, defeated.)

"Why... what does he gain in doing this? The Justice Academy has always been his home."

(As Alexander spoke, Luso stiffened, as if the words put him on edge. Alexander eyed him cautiously.)

"What do you know?"

Luso: "... This hasn't always been his home."

Alex: "Where does he hail from then?"

Luso: "We... don't know. We met him on one of our searches for the Judgment Dragon Cards. He practically pulsed with energy. His aura was so strong... we needed to take him in. But we didn't think he would do this. And Alexander..."

Alex: "Yes? Wait... no..."

(Alex shut his eyes tightly, shaking his head.)

"Don't tell me that he took the other one. Anything but that."

(Luso turned away from Alexander, his voice grave.)

"Yes. Only one is free at this time. Only one... who knows where it may be. We cannot afford to lose this battle. The balance is tipping."

(He turned back to Alexander, a soft smile on his face.)

"I think it's time for change, don't you, Alexander?"

(Alexander looked towards him, confused for a second.)

"What kind of change?"

(Luso smirked.)

"You'll be receiving a new deck. You did say yours did not cut it, right? Meet me after breakfast and we shall discuss this further. I must tend to this dilemma. But Alexander..."

(He placed his hand upon Alexander's shoulder, smiling in a reassuring way.)

"This isn't the end. Keep hope. Have faith. We shall prevail."

(With that, he turned on his heel and exited Alexander's room, leaving him to his thoughts.)

Alexander: "A new deck... Falus, I will take back what is ours."

Archived