My Spellcaster Deck (sorta Yugi Themed)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude this deck rulez. the only thing i would suggest is to add Crush Card Virus and shadow spell to your deck..

Apart from the suggestion of Crush Card Virus' date=' your advice sucks. Shadow Spell sucks and this deck sucks.

if you are going to play trad run Yata-lock or a Chaos Deck

Don't listen to him' date=' chaos decks/yata are extremely boring

[/quote']

No, Chaos/Yata-lock decks win.

dude this deck rulez. the only thing i would suggest is to add Crush Card Virus and shadow spell to your deck..

Apart from the suggestion of Crush Card Virus' date=' your advice sucks. Shadow Spell sucks and this deck sucks.

[/quote']

shadow spell has helped me alot, especially in tight corners. it is a useful card. maybe it's your deck that sucks. you think your deck is the best their ever is. well it's not. this is a solid deck.

[/quote']

shadow spell has helped me alot, especially in tight corners. it is a useful card. maybe it's your deck that sucks. you think your deck is the best their ever is. well it's not. this is a solid deck.

Dark Armed Dragon Return PWNS ALL. Think you can beat it? I think not.

[/quote']

Dark Armed Dragon Return PWNS ALL. Think you can beat it? I think not.

ok that's just one card. i've got several good cards. you can't just have one good card. i could pwn the rest of your deck. anyway by the time you reach Dark Armed Dragon Return i would've wasted the rest of your deck. again it's not the cards. it's the duelist.

This is the effect word for word.

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except from your Hand when there are exactly 3 DARK Monsters in your Graveyard. You can remove from play 1 DARK Monster in your Graveyard to destroy 1 card on your opponent's side of the field.

Believe it or not, this card and the deck strategies associated with it are among the Top Tier decks. Before the banning of Dimension Fusion, and the Limiting of Return From the Different Dimension and Allure of Darkness, this deck strategy was almost unbeatable. Those changes to the ban list had little effect although made things more equal.

Other support cards include Prometheus, King of the Shadows which can even out your Graveyard in order for you to summon Dark Armed Dragon. Dark Grepher and Armageddon Knight help you gather DARK Monsters in your Graveyard.

One big thing that can ruin Dark Armed Dragon is Macro Cosmos. Activate this at the right time and the Dark Armed Dragon part of the deck is shut down while Macro is on the field. This only causes another problem. This makes Return From the Different Dimension less situational. Also, Escape from the Dark Dimension can spring a surprise attack on your opponent. Escape From the Dark Dimesnion is a Call of the Haunted for removed from play DARK Monsters. Since virtually all cards in this type of deck are DARK, this card is worth running. Darklord Zerato also helps Dark Armed Dragon wipe the field clean by blasting all Monsters your opponent controls just by discarding a DARK Monster from your hand. Its also fast and can be summoned with 1 tribute (instead of the regular 2) if you have at least 4 different DAK Monsters in your Graveyard. The drawback of Darklord Zerato is that its destroyed at the end of your turn if it uses its Raigeki-like effect.

Dark Armed Dragon also (like all decks in general) a drawing engine. Allure of Darkness is mandatory in this type of deck. As well as Allure of Darkness the Destiny Draw engine gives you more draw power but requires you to add the good Destiny Heroes to the deck. It's also a very expensive build. The Trade-In engine probably works as good as the Destiny Draw engine and it's a less expensive build.

As many weaknesses as a deck may have, they can be solved to a certain extent with drawing power and in turn quickness.

This deck, for a theme-based deck, is pretty solid, but against Chaos or Control decks is almost useless. It's pretty slow compared to more solid decks, e.g. a Yata-lock. But I agree with FaIIen, Yata-decks are boring... True, they win as soon as you get the lock cards out, which is pretty quickly, but what's the point of that? You get a bunch of guys with identical decks, each based around a single card(Yata-garasu), and you ask yourself, "Is this how this game was meant to be played? To harness some broken cards and win in a few turns without really doing much, except the same thing over and over again?"

Archived