MK vs. DC (good news and potentially bad news)

TAG

Haven't seen a discussion about it here so.........

foot_09.jpgvs.foot_12.jpg

What do you guys think about the Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe game? This game is said to be the first MK game (not counting the ones on the Game Boy) that will not have an "M" rating; instead, it will be rated "T". According to Wiki (and other sources), DC put restrictions on this game, so fatalities are either going to be changed ALOT or removed entirely, in order to stay rated "T."

I find the idea very.......random. Why pin Scorpion and Sub-Zero against Superman and Batman?

Discuss (Or lock, if necessary).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know about this already' date=' they were making Mortal Kombat 8 but it changed to this, the trailer of Batman owning Sub-Zero was pwn.

[/quote']

I'm pretty sure a good number of people know about this. I just want to hear their opinions. Also, this game was originally supposed to be MK8?

No.

First it was supposed to be a Crossover because tobias wanted the 8th to crossover.But he left

Then it was supposed to be a Pure MK game.

Theeen they found DC!(BOOOOOO)

So they were supposed to make this and MK8

but then Boon said I wanna stick with Tobias idea from a long time ago a.

So MK8 is now MKvsDC

I personaly hate the idea

1.The fatalities are gone.

2.The match ups dont make sense

Sub v Batman

Scorp v Super

Smoke v Flash

????!!?!?!?!?!!1?!@1/?!

3.If they were gunna do a crossover they could have done better like Street Fighter or Killer Instinct or Marvel(Its better and maybe fatalities would stay)

So this game is a FAILure

No.

First it was supposed to be a Crossover because tobias wanted the 8th to crossover.But he left

Then it was supposed to be a Pure MK game.

Theeen they found DC!(BOOOOOO)

So they were supposed to make this and MK8

but then Boon said I wanna stick with Tobias idea from a long time ago a.

So MK8 is now MKvsDC

I personaly hate the idea

1.The fatalities are gone.

2.The match ups dont make sense

Sub v Batman

Scorp v Super

Smoke v Flash

????!!?!?!?!?!!1?!@1/?!

3.If they were gunna do a crossover they could have done better like Street Fighter or Killer Instinct or Marvel(Its better and maybe fatalities would stay)

So this game is a FAILure

1)I've just read that instead of fatalities, it's gonna be just finisher moves. So no head tearing or heart-snatching.

2)Of course the matchups make no sense (Smoke vs. Flash? Where'd you hear that?)

3)They most certainly could have (although I doubt they would have kept the fatalitites for any of the ones you mentioned except Killer Instinct.)

Hopefully, they won't remove any more signature elements from the Mortal Kombat series.

This sounds so stupid.

MK characters > DC ones in fighting games.

MK games > DC games

Goro, Lui Kang, Scorpion, Sub-zero, Raiden, Kabal, Ermac, Baraka etc.

I mean, come on?

And trying to mix these two types of characters and games together? Ew.

Bah. Vandal Savage could destroy both MK and DC together. I mean, he's immortal, he's immune to physical injury, and he has all this superior technology. Sure, he'll get beaten up pretty badly, but sooner or later they'll tire out. Of course, he's probably not going to be in the game. Besides that, it seems meh. I'm 12, so I'm mostly against gore, but you guys can think what you want.

Guest JoshIcy

Perhaps MK and Primal Rage' date=' since both games had fatalities. And the idea sux as much as marvel and capcom games put together. But, MK would be the living crap out of DC.

Flash: I can run at super speeds.

Liu Kang: I can fire balls. Bye.

[/quote']

actually both games played very similar and as such very befitting, also character models didnt need to be changed much to fit the games.

and yeah that MK analogy fits....

Actually Street Fighter probably the only other one that would have' date=' Marvel I don't think would have...Capcom or Street Fighter would have because they can go pretty insane with their dark counterparts..

[/quote']

I'm not entirely sure about Street Fighter having a fatality. Doesn't seem gory enough to go all the way.

Actually Street Fighter probably the only other one that would have' date=' Marvel I don't think would have...Capcom or Street Fighter would have because they can go pretty insane with their dark counterparts..

[/quote']

I'm not entirely sure about Street Fighter having a fatality. Doesn't seem gory enough to go all the way.

If SF were to go they probably would still have the KAFatality Feature Because they probably wouldnt know what fatalities to do.

But back on topic MK is the supreme ruler of fighting games.Followed by Soulcaluber.

• 2 months later...

Fatalities are there' date=' they're just less hardcore meaning you don't take the guy's f--kin' head off =P

also there is a double fatalities =P

either way the game seems fun =)

[/quote']

Yeah. But I can't get it. Because I don't have a 360 or PS3. :(

Oh well, I still like this. Joker FTW. :D

• 3 weeks later...

One more bump:

The full roster has been revealed for the game.

MK side:

Scorpion

Sub Zero

Sonya

Jax

Kitana

Raiden

Kano

Shang Tsung

Liu Kang

Baraka

Shao Khan

DC:

Batman

Superman

Flash

Catwoman

Captain Marvel

Deathstroke (or Slade, if you know him from the Teen Titans show)

Wonder Woman

Green Lantern

The Joker

Lex Luthor

Darkseid

As awesome as MK is' date=' this is probably gonna fail

What system is it for again?

[/color']

1) 360+PS3

2) I originally thought it was gonna fail, but I continued watching it, my opinions have greatly changed. Now I'm quite excited (even though I can't get it, cuz I have neiter system.

One more bump:

The full roster has been revealed for the game.

MK side:

Scorpion

Sub Zero

Sonya

Jax

Kitana

Raiden

Kano

Shang Tsung

Liu Kang

Baraka

Shao Khan