Give a Show a Try

Junk Raver

[align=center]^_^

Heyya Peeps

Just abit of randomness really.

Have any of you ever heard of a popular show, but never gave it a view to see if you liked it?

Im here to say that no matter what you should watch a show that you have heard of but never seen.

I have 2 examples.

Last week i watched 'Top Gear' for the first time. I had heard so much about it, but always said ' nah, i dont like cars, i wont watch it'. but i did, and i loved it, it was alot better then i expected it to be.

My second example, is the Death Note Anime Series. I have seen death note images and threads for about a year now allover the internet, but always said, nah i dont wanna watch it.

Yestaday evening, i decided to just give it a go and watch episode 1. Im now on episode 11, im hooked!

It has an amazing storyline, with the most brilliant ideas behind it, and is cleverly worked out.

The entire point of this thread, is to basically say, make sure you watch shows, give every tv show a try!

Also, have you ever heard of a show, watched it, and liked it?

^_^[/align]

Guest KAJN

Yeah this thread means a lot to other members who hadn't tried something they don't like.

Anyway this is my story.

My friends are anime freaks. So they told me to watch Code Geases. Well then I said the dumbest phrase I've ever said "I don't like violence" I'm guessing you know what happened next, Yes laughter, they laughed and laughed so I told them lets watch just 1 part of it. So I sat and watched. Do you know how many parts I watched, No not 1 but 30. Yeah I did like it very much and I'm looking for the complete set right now.

Guest JoshIcy

Charmed is another 1 of those shows ive heard of alot but never watched it' date=' im considering watching it, and CSI also.

[/quote']

lol been watching CSI for years...

CSI= New York is ok.. Miami is sorta cliche'... LA messes with your mind, kinda. You appreciate the characters and how they develop...

Charmed= Great show, on the girly side at times but it makes it up with a solid storyline and whatnot...

Oh coarse I have, CSI, didn't watch it at first, started watching and got hooked, same thing with Bleach, I skipped about 10 episodes, but meh, I got hooked into it, lol, and same with Naruto, watched 1 episode, sth 36 or sth like that, liked it and started to watch it from the beginning, got hooked, xD

Hm...

South Park,

my friends kept talking about it, and I kept saying that it

doesn't interest me.

Then I started watching it, now I can't stop.

Also,

Yu-Gi-Oh! was one I never thought of watching.

And,

Charmed, CSI, and Law & Order

Now I can't stop watching any of those :shock:

except for Yu-Gi-Oh, I stopped watching that when GX came out

lol

futurama was one that i never really watched and then they had this massive pre new years marathon and i totally vegged. devil hands was the best.

bleach i recently started watching on surfthechannel. i watch it in Japanese and really like it. im almost at the end of season three, but its sort of boring after all those great soul society episodes where like every show it was captain vs captain or ichigo vs somebody really cool using bankai...

really good shows are the office, heroes, and 30 rock. heroes is an example of a show that i didnt watch the whole first season and then watched all 24 or so episodes in 2 days on nbc.com. 30rock in its entirety is (used to be i dunnon now) on nbc.com and this season's the office are on there (last time i checked).

top chef and the design one with hiedi klum are also really good

My second example' date=' is the Death Note Anime Series. I have seen death note images and threads for about a year now allover the internet, but always said, nah i dont wanna watch it.

Yestaday evening, i decided to just give it a go and watch episode 1. Im now on episode 11, im hooked!

It has an amazing storyline, with the most brilliant ideas behind it, and is cleverly worked out.

[/quote']

Same exact thing with me. I didn't watch it until I was bored one day, and once I watched it, I couldn't stop. I finished the whole series in about 5 days. Now I'm getting the manga. I have volumes 1, 2, and 7.

I have two friends that love anime. One told me to watch Suzumiya, and the other told me to watch Code Geass. I heard a ton of good things about Suzumiya, so I decided to watch it first. I'm only about 5 episodes into it. I don't find it too awesome, but it's okay. I got bored with it, so I decided to watch Code Geass. Code Geass is probably one of the best anime series I've ever watched. Ever. It's kinda like Death Note and Gundam combined. I've been hooked on it for a while. I'm currently watching Code Geass R2. Right now, I'm waiting to watch episode 9, but it hasn't been subbed it.

[align=center]^_^

My second example' date=' is the Death Note Anime Series. I have seen death note images and threads for about a year now allover the internet, but always said, nah i dont wanna watch it.

[/align']

how on earth have you never seen death note?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

After im finished with death note' date=' im going to find and watch Code Geass, it sounds good.

[/quote']

You will love it. I think it's kinda Death Note-ish in some weird way. The main character is smart like Light and is able to control people. (Like how Light can control people with the Death Note before they die)

After im finished with death note' date=' im going to find and watch Code Geass, it sounds good.

[/quote']

You will love it. I think it's kinda Death Note-ish in some weird way. The main character is smart like Light and is able to control people. (Like how Light can control people with the Death Note before they die)

oh I think i saw that before was that the show where the guy had the bird in his eye or something and he was obsessed with chess?

code geass sounds pretty cool...i had a hard time deciding whether or not to catch up on bleach or naruto and i just kind of randomly piced bleach. if youve never seen the shows its such a big time investment to watch them now.

i still really recommend bleach up til the part in the third season when the leave soul society. that soul society story arc is pure ownage.

oh I think i saw that before was that the show where the guy had the bird in his eye or something and he was obsessed with chess?

Yeah, that sounds about right. By a bird, I imagine you mean some weird little pink-purple-ish design. And Lelouch isn't obsessed with chess, he just plays if from time to time.

Not really spoilers, but there is an episode in the middle of the series that reminded me of Yugioh Season 0 and the Yugioh manga. Lelouch had to play some guy in a game of chess, and if he lost, a bomb would go off, killing people he cared for.

Yeah' date=' that sounds about right. By a bird, I imagine you mean some weird little pink-purple-ish design. And Lelouch isn't obsessed with chess, he just plays if from time to time.

Not really spoilers, but there is an episode in the middle of the series that reminded me of Yugioh Season 0 and the Yugioh manga. Lelouch had to play some guy in a game of chess, and if he lost, a bomb would go off, killing people he cared for.

[/quote']

that reminds me of the time yami had to play ice hokey on a grill or stove or something and the bomb was in the ice

Archived