The subject of this topic is one lone word.

This word is a verb. It is being used in the imperative sense.

I find the majority of players to be unable to perform this verb's sense, when their opinions are to be put to scrutiny.

So, since I'm probably one of the last few bastions of hope for any useful discussion in this forum, I propose something.

Justify your opinions.

In specific, let's see you justify some opinions about the game. Justify anything. If you want a starting point idea, work with the List.

Protip: This topic is a trap that hopes to take any bad players that get trapped in it, and maybe give them a chance to learn something.

Well, let me be the first to say that Froggy Forcefield isn't all that bad. Sure it's an annoying rare to pull, but its Ability isn't really bad:

-If your opponent attacks D.3.S Frog, you can activate it. Next turn, your opponent probably won't have any monsters (except for the Defense Position ones [use cards such as Fairy Meteor Crush, Big Bang Shot, etc...]).

-If your opponent destroys Treeborn Frog, it's okay! you want him in the Graveyard.

I fail to see the advantages if using Card Trooper. It's bugged me forever, and it gets annoying sometimes when people go on about how absolutely fantastic it is.

I'll be basing my argument on my experience and knowledge, not theoretical hypotheses.

In my entire history of playing this game, I have never seen any positive of Card Trooper. Every time I see someone play it, they never seem to mill anything good into their Graveyard. Often times I've seen people mill away their own win conditions (Overload OTKs especially). The same can be said for myself; I've lost many opportunities due to Card Trooper.

The only deck where I can see any positive applications of this card would be Lightsworns, since they need monsters to pile up in the Graveyard for JD and stuff. Of course, I don't know have extensive knowledge of Lightsworns, so I'm not sure if Card Trooper would really benefit them. Besides, all Lightsworns mill; even their D-Draw mills, so Card Trooper might not even be necessary.

I personally find Card Trooper's draw effect laughable. For all of its hassle, it's just doesn't really seem worth it for a draw.

In a nutshell:

Pros:

- Small monster, easily fetch-able.

- Fits well in Rat Tool box.

- Is a Machine type.

- Free draw when destroyed and sent to Graveyard.

Cons:

- Low probability of milling something useful, like Frog or Disk.

- High probability of potentially wasting three perfectly good cards every turn.

The cons are less, but the completely outweigh the positives. For all intensive purposes, Foolish Burial is a significantly better option for dumping monsters into your Graveyard. Reasoning/Monster Gate would be better for milling Spells and Traps.

I'm probably going to be thoroughly thrashed for disliking Card Trooper, but this is really how I feel. Perhaps someone could enlighten me how Card Trooper is good.

exactly, this is stressed in ptdn and a little bit in light of destruction

the sheer amount of crap rares and commons was immense in ptdn

and ther eis a few filler rares wich SUCK BAWLS in light... such as diskblade rider wich for some reason is a rare :S

exactly' date=' this is stressed in ptdn and a little bit in light of destruction

the sheer amount of crap rares and commons was immense in ptdn

and ther eis a few filler rares wich SUCK BAWLS in light... such as diskblade rider wich for some reason is a rare :S

[/quote']

Diskblade Rider was Super rare in Japan. It should've been a pity common I say...

I fail to see the advantages if using Card Trooper. It's bugged me forever' date=' and it gets annoying sometimes when people go on about how absolutely fantastic it is.

I'll be basing my argument on my experience and knowledge, not theoretical hypotheses.

In my entire history of playing this game, I have never seen any positive of Card Trooper. Every time I see someone play it, they never seem to mill anything good into their Graveyard. Often times I've seen people mill away their own win conditions (Overload OTKs especially). The same can be said for myself; I've lost many opportunities due to Card Trooper.

The only deck where I can see any positive applications of this card would be Lightsworns, since they need monsters to pile up in the Graveyard for JD and stuff. Of course, I don't know have extensive knowledge of Lightsworns, so I'm not sure if Card Trooper would really benefit them. Besides, all Lightsworns mill; even their D-Draw mills, so Card Trooper might not even be necessary.

I personally find Card Trooper's draw effect laughable. For all of its hassle, it's just doesn't really seem worth it for a draw.

In a nutshell:

Pros:

- Small monster, easily fetch-able.

- Fits well in Rat Tool box.

- Is a Machine type.

- Free draw when destroyed and sent to Graveyard.

Cons:

- Low probability of milling something useful, like Frog or Disk.

- High probability of potentially wasting three perfectly good cards every turn.

The cons are less, but the completely outweigh the positives. For all intensive purposes, Foolish Burial is a significantly better option for dumping monsters into your Graveyard. Reasoning/Monster Gate would be better for milling Spells and Traps.

I'm probably going to be thoroughly thrashed for disliking Card Trooper, but this is really how I feel. Perhaps someone could enlighten me how Card Trooper [i']is[/i] good.

1. Overload OTK decks want to mill Overload Fusion. And if they don't want to mill Overload Fusion, they should.

2. A card has the same chance of being milled by Card Trooper as it has of being one of the bottom three cards of the deck (which themselves never get drawn). Running Card Trooper does not increase the risk of preventing you from drawing your win condition, as the number of cards you draw is unchanged - in fact, Card Trooper's self-replacement effect ensures that the probability of drawing the key card is higher. The difference between a card milled by Trooper and a card never drawn is that one sits in the graveyard and the other sits uselessly in the deck, so the difference lies in what card can search/retrieve the milled/non-drawn card; in most cases, graveyard recursion is far more abundant than deck searching, so the mill is beneficial. Unless your deck (sans Trooper) can reduce its size from 40 to 3 during the course of a duel, Trooper's effect does not reduce your odds of drawing any given card.

3. It gets 1900 ATK, so it kills every low-level monster that people use, it self-replaces when killed, and with a base ATK of 400, it benefits from being searchable and being Limit Reversable. As an added bonus, it's Chimeratech food.

Guest PikaPerson01

Card of Safe Return should be banned.

It rewards skilless plays and overextending by replacing cards.

For example, simple things like going Zombie Master --> Zombie Master --> Zombie Master. It lets players recklessly special summon level 4 monster, with litte care if the monster is destroyed, since they already replaced it by drawing into it.

In Bushi decks, it rewards the player who let his monster zone become empty. It encourages bad plays and punishes your opponent for playing well.

Then, there's the Manticore of Destruction Loop, where in one draws until they find all the pieces of Exodia and win in that way.

And... so on.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Card of Safe Return should be banned.

It rewards skilless plays and overextending by replacing cards.

For example' date=' simple things like going Zombie Master --> Zombie Master --> Zombie Master. It lets players recklessly special summon level 4 monster, with litte care if the monster is destroyed, since they already replaced it by drawing into it.

In Bushi decks, it rewards the player who let his monster zone become empty. It encourages bad plays and punishes your opponent for playing well.

Then, there's the Manticore of Destruction Loop, where in one draws until they find all the pieces of Exodia and win in that way.

And... so on.

[/quote']

Good job taking an easy one.

I have little to say

Darklord Zerato - Ban

JDragon - Obv Ban

Norleras - Ban

Demise - Ban

PoC - Ban

1. Darklord Zerato: Can be SS'd, discard a dark to destroy all your opponent's monsters, so pretty much its a attacking Lightning Vortex that fills the grave for a Dark Return Deck.

2. JDragon: A better demise, enough said

3. Norleras: A reset button that gives you a card on your opponent, good for turning the tides, a little 2 good

4. Demise: A card that lets u destroy all other cards for paying 2000 lp, and if u use ARA you can put 2 insects in the grave *if u uses this demise build* and remove them for a doom dozer, and then equip dozer with megamorph

5. PoC: Can be any card it removes, Norleras, Demise, JDragon, The Dark Creator,

I can state more reasoning if needed

I have little to say

Darklord Zerato - Ban

JDragon - Obv Ban

Norleras - Ban

Demise - Ban

PoC - Ban

1. Darklord Zerato: Can be SS'd' date=' discard a dark to destroy all your opponent's monsters, so pretty much its a attacking Lightning Vortex that fills the grave for a Dark Return Deck.

3. Norleras: A reset button that gives you a card on your opponent, good for turning the tides, a little 2 good

4. Demise: A card that lets u destroy all other cards for paying 2000 lp, and if u use ARA you can put 2 insects in the grave *if u uses this demise build* and remove them for a doom dozer, and then equip dozer with megamorph

5. PoC: Can be any card it removes, Norleras, Demise, JDragon, The Dark Creator,

[/quote']

Q4E

but you forgot....

DAD - Ban

Disk - Ban

Gyzaros - Limited

Heraklinos - Limit/Ban

I have little to say

Darklord Zerato - Ban

JDragon - Obv Ban

Norleras - Ban

Demise - Ban

PoC - Ban

1. Darklord Zerato: Can be SS'd' date=' discard a dark to destroy all your opponent's monsters, so pretty much its a attacking Lightning Vortex that fills the grave for a Dark Return Deck.

[/quote']

Q4E

but you forgot....

DAD - Ban

Disk - Ban

Gyzaros - Limited

Heraklinos - Limit/Ban

Justify.

Cool' date=' suddenly everyone is in a position to demand justifications. Justify your request for a justification. If you don't agree with tonis' opinion just say so.

[/quote']

The truth is, I'm not a big fan about the Gladiator Beasts so I really don't know their effects except for the "Tag Team" effect where they can switch with another GB and gain another effect.

So, what I know, is that Heraklinos and Gyzarus have great effects and deserve to be Limi./Banned. I'm not saying I disagree with him.

Cool' date=' suddenly everyone is in a position to demand justifications. [b']Justify your request for a justification[/b]. If you don't agree with tonis' opinion just say so.

ditto. why now, all of a sudden? oh, i forgot: Atem's first post...

SHEEEEEEEP!!!

Archived