Angel 07: Discussion

This card isn't bad. It really negates a whole lot of cards in play out there. Gladiator Beasts are pretty much funked over. Dark Armed Dragon takes a huge hit. (Though, with more big monsters played in DAD, there is a larger chance of clearing this off the field.) The fact is, there isn't that much S/T based monster destruction being played these days. Sure, there's Torrential and usually Mirror Force, but I could see a deck using this become successful, though probably not anywhere near top-tier.

This card is not at all side material. He can go in his own deck, or nowhere at all. I could imagine an appropriately designed aggressive deck using this guy, Sky Scourge Invicil, and Jinzo to shut down pretty much anything your opponent has to throw at you. You could stick in the Gellenduos, etc. to make it easier to summon this guy. Obviously, the deck would be packed with Monsters with continuous effects to minimize the damage to your own deck while maximizing the shut-down of your opponent's.

@ Exiro: This card is certainly no LADD, they shouldn't really be compared at all. Angel 07 is most like Plasma and Skill Drain, and even they don't do what this guy does. They are limited by what's on the field, and do negate continuous effects. Think of all the annoying cards like DD Crow and D-Hero Malicious that you run into over the course of the duel. He can also keep Treeborn Frog stuck in the Graveyard, if you're playing against Monarchs.

Wouldn't his effect be negated by his own effect?

no' date=' he negates things like snipe, treeborn, sangan, stuff that isnt a Continuous effect (jinzo, spellcanceller,ect..)

[/quote']

treeborn and sangan would not be negated because their effect happens in the graveyard

it never states that it only negates cards on the field, making it kind of a better Ladd

Do you really think so?

LaDD also negates spells and traps.

Angel 07 can die from a simple TT etc.

i only say that cause his effect (like ladd) reaches places that other cards (skill drain, plasma, ect..) cant. on the up side his atk dosnt go down like ladds and he dosnt blow the whole field when it dies, correction, your whole field.

Is pretty much a ladd.. - the decreaseing atk, the negation of spell/traps, and the kamakazi-suicider-death-bomber-surviver-man effect...scratch that, its BETTER then ladd.

but then again this is only my opinion

Archived