Winged Steel Panther (14 Star Ratings/Votes!)

Titus

[justify]I think this is the longest effect on a card I've ever made. Not sure. lol But I'm going to start making cards with longer effects. Anyways, here's my first. All comments are appreciated.[/justify]

[spoiler=Winged Steel Panther]4993bp3.jpg

[justify]You can Special Summon this card by Tributing 1 face-up Machine-Type monster on your side of the field. If this card is Special Summoned, you cannot activate its effect this turn. When this card attacks, discard 1 card from your hand. If you do not, this card is destroyed. When this card inflicts damage to your opponent's Life Points, Special Summon 1 monster from your Graveyard to your opponent's side of the field and decrease your opponent's Life Points by that monster's DEF.[/justify]

[justify]I'd like to know if it's over/underpowered, and if it is, please let me know what I can do to correct it. Thank you.[/justify]

[spoiler=Image Credit]Panther by Deviant Art

Holo by me

[align=justify]Whoever rated this thread 5 stars, thank you. :) And there's always gotta be the one retard to vote it 1 star just to be a jerk. Not worried, though. It's just someone being jealous. :P lol

And I know it was four 5-star ratings and one 1-star rating because it WAS three ratings and 5 stars, then someone rated it 1 star and it went down to 4 stars. (3 x 5 = 15 + 1 = 16 / 4 = 4 and now it's 4.2...4 x 5 = 20 + 1 = 21 / 5 = 4.2). Sorry if that was a bit confusing. I just like math. :P

IDK what the ratings are now. So far 9 people have rated this thread. I lost track after 5. But still, whoever is rating this thread, thank you so much.[/align]

The only error I found in the card was Tributing. The artwork is nice. The holo is nicely done. I don't necessarily think the card is overpowered...but I have to admit the 1st time I read the effect I thought of all kinds of fun ways to abuse it. Keep in mind this is an ideal example, but it's just to show some of the elements which could go into a deck built around this card...

-Summon any Machine

-Special Summon this card

-Wait a turn and keep this thing alive.

-Equip "Shooting Star Bow - Ceal"(or just attack if you have an open shot)

-"Foolish Burial" a "Lava Golem" (or discard from hand using monster's effect)

-Attack(1500/2500)

-Special Summon "Lava Golem" to opponent's side of the field(3000).

-For giggles, use either "Misfortune"(the more the merrier) or "Nightmare Wheel" for extra damage. (1500/500)

-Repeat

As you see, this could be quite a horrific card if abused properly. That's not even considering that the opposition could not be able to block the 1st attack and you happen to have, heaven forbid, a "Limiter Removal" in your hand. You could possibly OTK with a deck built around this card.

It's definately an interesting card. Now that I've put all that in writing..you might want to change the damage effect on the card to half of the monster's attack. I dunno, just a thought. I hope this helps. :D

[align=justify]I think that last bit of text makes it a little overpowered. What if every time it inflicts damage to your opponent' date=' you get to Special Summon a Machine with that much ATK or lower?

despite what I say, though, it's still a good card[/color'][/align]

[justify]I'm a little confused as to why you said Machine. You can Special Summon ANY monster, not just Machines. Unless you think you get to Summon the monster to your side of the field. You do know you're Special Summoning the monster to your OPPONENT'S side of the field, right?[/justify]

[justify]The only error I found in the card was Tributing. The artwork is nice. The holo is nicely done. I don't necessarily think the card is overpowered...but I have to admit the 1st time I read the effect I thought of all kinds of fun ways to abuse it. Keep in mind this is an ideal example' date=' but it's just to show some of the elements which could go into a deck built around this card...[/color'][/justify]

Thanks. I'll fix that now. And thanks for the compliments.

[justify]As you see' date=' this could be quite a horrific card if abused properly. That's not even considering that the opposition could not be able to block the 1st attack and you happen to have, heaven forbid, a "Limiter Removal" in your hand. You could possibly OTK with a deck built around this card.[/color'][/justify]

[justify]I had completely forgotten about Limiter Removal. I'm now considering changing its type. If you could equip it with Fairy Meteor or anything that allows it to attack directly, activate Limiter Removal, and Special Summon anything with 3000 ATK (let's say Blue-Eyes), that's 8000 LPs right there with only 6 cards (including the Tributed Machine-Type monster and the discarded card).[/justify]

[justify]It's definately an interesting card. Now that I've put all that in writing..you might want to change the damage effect on the card to half of the monster's attack. I dunno' date=' just a thought. I hope this helps.[/color'][/justify]

[align=justify]I thought about making it half, but then I thought about it again. lol Say you summon a 2000 ATKer. Then your opponent only loses 1000 LPs and they get a free monster to tribute or attack with or do whatever. And don't forget, even if they can't do anything with it, they can still switch it to defence position after and WSP can't inflict damage. And you can Special Summon a 3000 ATKer to your opponent's side of the field and inflict 3000 damage, but that would be pretty stupid unless you can defend your Panther from that monster during your opponent's turn. And don't forget that you have to discard a card each time he just attacks, so that's kind of a big drawback.

I am considering changing it to your opponent loses LPs equal to its DEF. I think that may be a little better for it.

Edit: changed.[/align]

Archived