Rose Duels?! -Rose Monster Added-

Icy

This is strategy-destroying, and not realistic, I'm sorry to say.

Playing a "Rose Duel" deck against, say, an opponent's Six Samurai Deck would result in them being completely flattened. What all players would have to do is play a deck with "Rose Dueling" as some relatively-important strategy, so that they don't get left in the dust. Because of that, deck qualities would fall tremendously (the decks lose 1/4-1/3 of their strategy with this idea of "Rose Dueling" implemented, my Burn deck wouldn't be happy with that at all...).

You're trying to create a change rules that are already set in stone, trying to mold cooked clay sculpture... if this goes on, somebodies going to break the carefully crafted rules of the TCG.. new ideas are great, but a revolutionary gameplay idea like this is suited to another card game, and shouldn't be implemented into Duel Monsters.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is strategy-destroying' date=' and not realistic, I'm sorry to say.

Playing a "Rose Duel" deck against, say, an opponent's Six Samurai Deck would result in them being completely flattened. What all players would have to do is play a deck with "Rose Dueling" as some relatively-important strategy, so that they don't get left in the dust. Because of that, deck qualities would fall tremendously (the decks lose 1/4-1/3 of their strategy with this idea of "Rose Dueling" implemented, my Burn deck wouldn't be happy with that at all...).

You're trying to create a change rules that are already set in stone, trying to mold cooked clay sculpture... if this goes on, somebodies going to break the carefully crafted rules of the TCG.. new ideas are great, but a revolutionary gameplay idea like this is suited to another card game, and shouldn't be implemented into Duel Monsters.

[/quote']

well,that happens with new ways of playing.

I'll be giving an example in the form of Speed World.This strategy would potentially stop any strategy based on spell cards worthless.Thus,it is important to have new cards to work along with it.Perhaps there may be more & new cards to supplement the new gameplay that will neutralise all the losses.

This is strategy-destroying' date=' and not realistic, I'm sorry to say.

[/quote']

well,that happens with new ways of playing.

I'll be giving an example in the form of Speed World.This strategy would potentially stop any strategy based on spell cards worthless.Thus,it is important to have new cards to work along with it.Perhaps there may be more & new cards to supplement the new gameplay that will neutralise all the losses.

"Speed World" is in the TCG? "Speed World" immediately goes to your hand at the beginning of the duel, and is immediately played? "Speed World" changes the entire playing field and game style? No. "Speed World" looks cool and has an effect that sounds cool... it doesn't seem very useful, and it's certaintly not metagame-transforming.

"Rose Duel" isn't just a card, it's the opening of an entire new style of play. In fact, the play reminds me of "Chaotic" in the way it's based with movement and whatnot...

The thing is that "Rose Duel" creates a new type of card, changes the field, opens to a new type of Spell Card, and [possibly] gives way to "Rose Levels"... this is a whimsical idea that people can dwell on and have fun with, but it is certaintly not realistic.

Guest JoshIcy

Im posting early but I must say "N00B Hunter", do you realize that due to the time it takes to reach a deck by this format that I have adjusted each rule to prevent abuse? Also tbh this format has been introduced in a YGO Game already. But I have played in this format for about 3yrs, (off and on). And it does not stray from the TCG itself because aside from certain anti-abuse rules, this idea does warrant merit and can bring many cards into the actual TCG again. (Similar to how ive seen a few old crappy cards now being played due to the amount of Special Summons possible in one turn).

And I must emphasize, this gameplay Style does not alter the rules set in stone (pending Field Spells because abuse can be Phenomenal with the amount of monsters that can be on the field). All TCG Rules you know will be the same, almost exact tbh except like many balancing cards this one compensates for possible abuse. Now if you do have a problem with the rules, please dont hesitate to alter or edit some and I WILL take it into consideration.

(Bloodrun, as I re-read your post over again and again I will understand more and hopefully use your idea ^_^).

Im posting early but I must say "N00B Hunter"' date=' do you realize that due to the time it takes to reach a deck by this format that I have adjusted each rule to prevent abuse? Also tbh this format has been introduced in a YGO Game already. But I have played in this format for about 3yrs, (off and on). And it does not stray from the TCG itself because aside from certain anti-abuse rules, this idea does warrant merit and can bring many cards into the actual TCG again. (Similar to how ive seen a few old crappy cards now being played due to the amount of Special Summons possible in one turn).

And I must emphasize, this gameplay Style does not alter the rules set in stone (pending Field Spells because abuse can be Phenomenal with the amount of monsters that can be on the field). All TCG Rules you know will be the same, almost exact tbh except like many balancing cards this one compensates for possible abuse. Now if you do have a problem with the rules, please dont hesitate to alter or edit some and I WILL take it into consideration.

[i'](Bloodrun, as I re-read your post over again and again I will understand more and hopefully use your idea ^_^).[/i]

I must say "Icyblue", do you realize that due to the fact that you just readjusted the entire gameplay, it's impossible to prevent abuse? I have never played this format. And it does stray from the TCG itself because aside from giving monsters movement requirements before letting them act this introduces a new type of spell that will need to be in all decks in order to prevent "Rose-style" beatdown, this idea does warrant merit in a TV show, however, and can bring many cards into Yu-Gi-OH 5D and GX again. (Similar to how ive seen a few old crappy cards now being played due to the incredible cards used by Jaden and his pals).

And I must emphasize, this gameplay Style alters the rules set in stone extremely (pending Rose Spells because all decks will need to revolve around this dual-play strategy). All TCG Rules I know will be the same, exept for the new parts with card movement and a whole other style of Spell Cards which are related only to a 1-card strategy. I have a problem with the rules, and I have decided to edit them; I hope you take it into consideration:

(What sounds better than making a whole new style of dueling based of a single card, howzabout making "Traditional Format", "Advanced Format", and "Rose Format" duels, where the "Rose Dueling" style is always predominant (no special cards in decks that change the rules around will make this idea a lot better). There could be a "Banned Cards" list, a "Limited List", a "Semi-limited" List, and a "Rose List"... now, that seems like a TCG revolution, but with less frivolity. ^_^).

Guest JoshIcy

Im gonna try hard as hell to make these "Rose Spells" not be too effective, but your post does make me think. Due to the fact that I want to keep this idea within the main TCG, I will give them proper Spell Speeds and Alternate Effects for anything outside a "Rose Duel"... Thank You lol ^_^....

The sample card will stay up for now, as it will serve as a starting point for all this catastrophe lol..

Ooh and Touche' lol, +rep'd

Im gonna try hard as hell to make these "Rose Spells" not be too effective' date=' but your post does make me think. Due to the fact that I want to keep this idea within the main TCG, I will give them proper Spell Speeds and [i']Alternate Effects[/i] for anything outside a "Rose Duel"... Thank You lol ^_^....

The sample card will stay up for now, as it will serve as a starting point for all this catastrophe lol..

That means that the Rose Spells would have an effect for both regular & Rose duels.

Guest JoshIcy

Im gonna try hard as hell to make these "Rose Spells" not be too effective' date=' but your post does make me think. Due to the fact that I want to keep this idea within the main TCG, I will give them proper Spell Speeds and [i']Alternate Effects[/i] for anything outside a "Rose Duel"... Thank You lol ^_^....

That means that the Rose Spells would have an effect for both regular & Rose duels.

Yeah I know lol, but it would prevent a "Rose-Style" beatdown as he said and make side-decking these cards alot less of a hassle, ie) wasting less space....

But I wanna see what others say about this more before I finalize the next step lol....

and the change in Rose Spells may or may not happen, because while his idea warrants merit if i stray from that idea I fail on one end....

Guest JoshIcy

Pardon the Double Post but "Rosered Hope" added ^_^.. (Made it according to modifications possible by N00B Hunter's suggestion, this may or may not be implemented in them all but due to his persistance I have made it so)...

Im posting early but I must say "N00B Hunter"' date=' do you realize that due to the time it takes to reach a deck by this format that I have adjusted each rule to prevent abuse? Also tbh this format has been introduced in a YGO Game already. But I have played in this format for about 3yrs, (off and on). And it does not stray from the TCG itself because aside from certain anti-abuse rules, this idea does warrant merit and can bring many cards into the actual TCG again. (Similar to how ive seen a few old crappy cards now being played due to the amount of Special Summons possible in one turn).

[b'](Bloodrun, as I re-read your post over again and again I will understand more and hopefully use your idea ^_^).[/b]

lol haha right

well if you played the game like you said you have, then it shouldnt be to hard to understand..

Guest JoshIcy

I have lol, when I read it I was peeved by N00B Hunter as all.... I do understand lol, but now I have to formulate as to how I should carry this out. Because my intent is to be able to have a Rose Deck that can work outside a Rose Duel lol ^_^...

I have lol' date=' when I read it I was peeved by N00B Hunter as all.... I do understand lol, but now I have to formulate as to how I should carry this out. Because my intent is to be able to have a Rose Deck that can work outside a Rose Duel lol ^_^...

[/quote']

lol, then form the rose duel, to work outside the rose duel, meaning, meh, forget, i forgot my tongue twister >.<

I tried to do something like this; incorporating the rules of another game to shape the way to play the card game.

I do like how you picked a really fun game, Duelists of the Roses, as a base. DotR was an awesome game to play. You're very talented when it comes to thinking of new concepts, for sure.

The difficulty of trying to play a Rose Duel.. good lord I couldn't even imagine. xD

The thought and effort alone deserves a 10/10, but I'd so sign up to be the first to try a Rose Duel against you. xD

I hardly understand it all, and I definitely haven't taken the time to read all the rules, but it looks very elaborate. Good work.

Guest JoshIcy

good cards' date='love how you alter the colours so well.

[/quote']

Lol, credit Bloodrun for the color. He gave me the template ^_^. And thanks lol

Guest JoshIcy

so far it sounds like a really good idea...they made Dungeon Dice a gme i can't see why this shouldn't be made a game

Lol, thanks everyone ^_^.

And as for DDM, it was rushed sadly and isnt that good... It had interesting concepts but games didnt have the needed kink that would have made it nice. Not to mention its a game directly based off another and ripped that to shreds...... but thats just my opinion lol.

This idea I have been playing weekend duels with friends/family since the original came out and have had a chance to develop it.

As for new things, the first few cards will be "Rose Cards" then I will introduce alternate versions of cards that while not be "Rose Duel" specific they may or may not have a look that makes them look good/better during a "Rose Duel". I am also looking into how to make Bloodrun's idea work well without straying so far off.....

Archived