For new users. I will attempt to explain EVERYTHING *Except for life* (Improved 2.0!)

RacecaR

Welcome to RacecaR's new user tutorial. This is an alternative tutorial made a while back by me. I have removed spelling errors and added a few things, and removed the really bad jokes :D. This is evertything I would have liked to find in a single tutorial when I was a newb oh so long ago. If you fancy this, give out the link to newbies when they introduce themselves.

If you don't like it, tell me what's wrong so I may fix it.

1: A:Cards and card making:

OCG=Official card grammar. Official card grammar is how knonomi makes their cards. For example, Minefield eruption's effect: "Inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent's life points for each face up "Mine golem" on your side of the field. After that, destroy all face up "Mine Golem(s) on your side of the field." Notice that the effect is well written, well spelled... e.t.c. Some people create cards with effects such as "When this card is on the field, your opponent takes 300 damages and then removes the spell zone." This is a bad way to type it because...

Confusing

Grammar errors

Misleading

These can cause serious problems in cards, and that is why it is always a good idea to make good OCG. It can be hard, but eventually you will grasp and harness the skills necessary to do so. Practice makes perfect.

1: B:

Name: It is a good idea to give a name relating to the card. Not "Super awesome dude" for a card with a picture of what looks like a fire elemental. Make it related, like "Fire elemental", or give it a name. "Silthar, lord of flames" I.E.

Card type: Is it a spell? Trap? Ritual? (Monster card) Fusion?, Shynchro? (Shynchro is a new type of card added by knonomi. It is related to union monsters. If you are a newb, it is usually not necessary to make these unless you understand them. Synchro Monsters are a new Type of Monster Card to be released in Starter Deck 2008. The color of their card frame is white. These cards are included in the Fusion Deck, now called the Extra Deck in the OCG due to Synchro Monsters not being Fusion Monsters.)

Synchro Monsters require Tuner Monsters to be Summoned. When the total Level of the Tuner monster and the other monsters on your field matches the Synchro monster's Level, by sending them to the Graveyard, you can Summon the Synchro monster. Tuner Monsters can be Effect Monsters or Normal Monsters. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Synchro_Monsters_and_Tuner_Monsters

Attribute: How many stars does your monster have? Remember, also make this based on your monster's attack and effect. If your monster has 5200 attack, don't give him 4 stars unless he has a radically negative effect, like he can't attack monsters in attack position and is destroyed at the end of the turn... or something like that.

Magic/Trap type. If your card is a magic or trap, what kind? The icon on the top right hand corner of the card is what type of card this is. The lightning bolt meens it is a quick play, the brazier (Torch) meens it is a ritual summon, e.t.c.

Card Rarity: Is your card common? Ultra rare? Super? This is a low standard. I can say from experience, that not many users depend or notice (upon) this. It can be a good idea if you are making the perfect set of cards. Note: The picture does not glow unless you make it glow in paintshop or other related programs. There are other tutorials for that in this section.

Circulation: This can be a big blunder for some who don't know what they're doing. This is where you say how common or rare the edition of the card is. Don't put in numbers for this, or ONLY ONE, unless your not going for realstic cards. This is where you put LIMITED EDITION or 1st edition. You may leave this blank if you want, but the silver wrapper like thing on the bottom right hand corner does not change if you make the card 1st edition. (For cards in "the real world", if they're first edition, then there will be a gold square wrapper on the bottom right hand corner.

Set ID: This is the first 3 acronyms of the card. It doesn't have to be first 3, but that's how knonomi did it, that's how I do it. The second box is for the number of the card in the set. If the number is 49, that's what # the card is out of the number of cards in the set you are making. It's a good idea to do this as you make the cards or you will have to go through all the cards in the set your making and put the numbers in which can be complicated.

Type: This is a custom type that the monster also has, such as devine beast, warrior, fire, pyro, e.t.c. Could be anything you want, but it's of course, a good idea to make it match the card. If your card is named Slif - Godess of water, don't make her a fire type monster.

Description: This is the card's effect or description. (Who would have guessed) Below the name and to the right of card type, you will see a box with a check in it that says "Effect". If this box has been checked, the card will have an effect and the print will be normal. The type will have an Effect next to it also.

If you leave the the box unchecked, then the print will be italic.

ATK / DEF: This is the cards attack and defense. It is always a good idea not to give random attack and defense, like 235.5 or 1. (Unless your not going for realistic) Also, if you are going for a realistic card, make sure to give it a realistic attack and defense based on its effect and level.

Creator: Put your account name here.

Year: When did you make the card?

Serial number: At the lower left hand corner of every card, there is a long 8 number digit code. It is also a good idea to press random, but it does not matter, as long as the number isn't some type of pattern if you are trying to make a realistic card.

Imag URL: For this you will need to find an appropriate image of the card. A good place for this is google images, due to the wide variety of pictures. Once you have found an image that suits your card (Yeah it's a good idea to make it suit the card...) click on the picture link and get the URL of the site which contains the picture by itself and copy it, then paste it where it says Picture URL.

Generate: Click this when you are ready to see your image and card. (Please note that the image may not appear. This can happen due to the fact that the picture is too big, or any number of other variables. If this happens just find a new image that works and shows up on the card when you generate the card.)

Save: This, when clicked, will save the card into your database, and you may re-load it using the rectangular box next to Open.

Once you have selected a card you wish to see in the rectangular box, click the Open button, and the card will appear. Or you may delete the selected card by, you guessed it, clicking the Delete button.

1: C: Although Tags and attatchments are allowable, this may annoy users who don't like to click 50 freaking links. To get passed this and to post larger sized cards, you should follow these steps.

First, once you have made a card, generate the card. It is important to make sure the image has loaded and the card is completely there, or errors may occur as the card not showing up, or duplicate pictures appearing. Also errors may occur when you press save while generating, save or generate while uploading the photobucket code, e.t.c.

Next, you upload the photobucket code, as I mentioned above. Once the card is completely loaded, put your cursor over the card and left click it. Below the card you should see a "Uploading to image shack".

Then, you should see a long code, beggining with >Finally, go to your post, thread, whatever, and copy paste it. The code beggining with [img] should appear. You, the ending code for the card. Otherwise, the card's image will not show up, and only the code will. In the end it should look like this.

codegoesherewithnospaces Walla! 89473ud1.jpg

:D :D

Codes: 2: A:

There are many codes on this site, such as prints and smilies. The code for smilies are various combinations of letters. A : followed by a D makes a :D. A : followed by a P makes a :P. There are many smilies, and can usually be Accessed somewhere on the page your on.

2: B: this is italica this is bold this is underlined

You can make text italic, underlined, bold or all of the above by typing a [b/i/u] (The initial of the code) followed by a [/b/u/i ] (The initial of the code, with a / sign before it. This may also be done by clicking the symbol for these prints on a full edit page (I'll explain those later) and by clicking close tags, which will end the print type.

2: C: Wahoo, yup. Large text :D. In order to do this, type in Or After you type this, it is followed by a to end the size difference.

2: D: [spoiler=Look here to find out how to type these!!] Type in [spoiler=(The name of the spoiler you want] then you put your text here. Followed by a [/spoiler ](Without the space at the end)

Yes, my Mom is very proud. If you want to know how to type these, then click it.

2: E:

OmgWtfBbq
In order to write quotes' date=' a very useful thing, which you may not have access to a button to use it, type in
What the person wrote, please do not sabotage :D
This can be useful, but there is also a quote button beneath everyone's posts, so you may quote pictures too. Just click the quote button, then go to the post your qriting and there should be a link on it on the bottom side of the box where you are writing that say "You have selected one or more posts to quote. Quote these posts now or deselect them." Click this and your job is done and pictures will be quoted as well.

3: The forum/site A: Bans

You may get a ban from the site, a small or long period of time, based on what crime you have committed. If you are spamming, or double accounting (Yes, this site has your IP address, so go buy some more computers :D) then you could get a small ban or a permanent ban.

If you get banned, do not make a duplicate account to tell someone about it. Also, never double post. This is considered spam due to you gaining posts for it. Usually, you get a warning, then a small ban, large ban, permanent ban, however this is not always the case. This is a somewhat accurate portrayal of the ban system, but different things over different time spans get you different ban times.

3: B: Forum/Threads:

Technically speaking, a thread is your topic, your posts are your comments. The forum can be hard to translate. It is composed of about 19 sections. News, Questions/comments/suggestions, Help & tutorials (Look around you :D), Realistic cards, Pop culture cards, Any other cards, Written cards, Finished card sets, Card contests, Anime, Card trade (Currently locked), Fan Fic, Your deck, Yugioh TCG, Showcase, Tutorials (Not to be confused with help & tutorials), Shops/Requests, Introductions. All you need to know is this. If you are looking to post joke cards, go to custom card, then any other cards. If you are looking to discuss or go over knonomi cards, go to TCG, If you want to join a contest, go to card contests, if you want to play a game in a thread, go to games. If you want to view everything new, the most popular choice, click on View new posts, on the top left hand corner.

If you wish to visit the home of this site, click on Yugioh card maker above View new posts. View today's posts is related to view new posts, private messages are messages other users sent you (Don't worry, you'll get a lot of mail as time passes :D)

Next to the name of the thread to the right will be the name of the user who made the thread. Next to that will be the section of the thread. If you wish to see all these sections but less laggy (If you somehow get lag from this *Cough mac *Cough) then click Lite (Archive) Mode at the bottom middle/right hand side of the page.

Every thread has a page system. Once a thread has filled up with 20 comments/posts, a new page is made. You can access all pages easily, or the last & first page by clicking last/first button (Yeah who would have known...).

3: C: Users:

All users have names... Except for the ones who have died by the banhammer. They have the shamed, crossed out name. *Shudder

Anyways, if you click on a users name a page will come up telling you some details about him/her. How many posts a day, how many stars, e.t.c. You may also look through his/her posts/threads.

3: D : Rep

You may also view this persons rep. Reps are bonuses or minuses about a user. If you really dislike someone, it is no reason to give him/her a -rep. Work it out through private messages (Which you can send by clicking the user's "Send so&so a pm [private message]). However if the user is spamming, or doing something against the rules, click on vote user in the rep link (Click on the green or red number to view reps, then vote for user), give him a negative vote and give a reason. If the user is RacecaR, make sure to always give a positive vote :D. Oh yeah and if it's a new user, please try to cut him some slack. If it's one thing I hate, it's people who don't know how to reason it out that new users might not know all the rules...

3: E: Stars

The user's star(s) is/are based on how many posts he/she has. 1=1 star, 50=2 stars, 150=3 stars, 425=4 stars, 1000=5 stars, 5000=6 stars. These show up next to the users name.

4: A: User CP

At the top of the page, next to the log out link, you may click on user cp. When you do this, A page will come up with some minor details on your account. You may also access your own account through this link. On the left hand side of the screen, you will find a long list composed of the following.

Menu

Messenger

* Inbox

* Sent Items

* Drafts

* Trash Can

* Compose

* Tracking

* Edit Folders

* Empty Folders

* Export Messages

Your Profile

* Edit Profile

* Edit Options

* Change Email

* Change Password

* Change Signature

* Change Avatar

Miscellaneous

* Group Memberships

* Buddy/Ignore List

* Manage Attachments

* Saved Drafts (0)

* Favorite Threads

* Subscribed Threads

* Forum Subscriptions

* Personal Pad

* Points History

* View Profile

* User CP Home

Inbox is where you view your private messages, just like the private message link at the top of the page.

Sent items are the messages you sent, all yours for the viewing.

Drafts are another type of storage folder.

Trash can is where you have sent all the messages you have deleted.

Compose is where you make a private message to someone. It is much easier to click the pm button on their account, as it automatically types up their name.

Tracking is just another way of viewing who sent you what.

Edit folders is a useful trick, where you may create a new type of storage file, such as junk. you may make one called, "RacecaR's messages", I.E.

Empty folders does... Well, this.

Here you can delete private messages from selected folders at one time. Simply select the folders you wish the messages to be deleted from and click 'Delete'. You cannot undo these changes.

Note: Once these messages are deleted there is no way to recover them.

Exporting files is... Well' date=' read here.

The following tool will let you mass download your private messages out of a selected folder, messages sent after a particular date, your read messages, and drafted messages for later viewing.

Your profile holds very useful places for changing and customizing your account. Edit profile lets you edit basic things such as bio, other ways to contact you, e.t.c. Edit options on the other hand is a way to edit other various options, an example being login, cookies, and message /notificiation.

Edit password does as the title suggests, as does edit email. Change signature is where you edit what automatically shows up at the end of your post/thread. For example, scroll down to the end of this thread. You will see a "You are black/you are red" (RACISM!) and the "RacecaR and friends" card I made. I uploaded the images into my signature, just as I would upload an image into a thread or post, using the img code as shown above..

Once you click on edit signature, scroll down until you see a box with this. Edit Signature

Here you can enter a short message which will automatically be appended to the bottom of your posts. Write whatever you want to appear in that box, and it will appear. Various options such as "No action" or "Disallow signatures in all of my posts", e.t.c. can be used.

Changing your avatar is changing the picture that appears beneath your name. Mine for example is a colorful space anomaly. The picture must be 100x100. Go to Google images and type in the image your looking for followed by 100x100 and 100x100 images will show up.

Group memberships are the groups you are officially in.

Buddy/ignore list is where you may add buddies or friends, w/e. Also where you may add ignored people. To add a friend or ignored person, type in their exact name in the corresponding box. Their name will appear. If you wish to remove them, type in their name again in the same box.

Saved drafts has its own explanation. They are drafts, or things you have typed, that have been saved.

Favorite thread, subscribed thread and forum subscriptions all are pretty self explanatory. Points history is where you may see how many points you have donated and to whom & when. You may sort this accordingly.

User CP home sends you to your home page, and view account allows you to view your account, as does clicking your name.

Almost all other functions on the top or bottom have an explanation and tutorial of their own, that I would not like to challenge. Click there for an easy explanation or just click the help link on the top right hand corner..

When you visit yugioh card maker home, (Click the Yugioh card maker fancy print on the top left hand corner) and scroll down, you may view the users online, hidden users, when the most amount of users were all online, e.t.c. This may be useful at times and you may also access their accounts.

This is the end of the tutorial for now. If you have any questions, or don't get something, don't be shy. Ask me any question, and I'll happily answer it. I will also make sure I've included almost everything that doesn't already have a tutorial. If you find something of the like, just post it in this thread, and I'll see what I can do. :D

Guest JoshIcy

card section is really choppy and full of errors lulz. But seeing as you arent exactly one of the "better" CM's I will say that its 'alright'.... And as I've said, each of the general effect type and attributes have nice dodges ;) learn them well lol.

The rest is great, oddly each of the items you described can be found in the Help tab at the top. Still good for the rest imo....

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You've done everything very well, despite newbies don't read these things but you've missed one thing, strikethrough.

To do this you put,

[s]Whatever you are gonna say[/s]

So in a short text I will show you how it should look like, I'm gonna pretend I put badly instead of well, but then I cross badly out and put well there.I won't put it in bold because it makes it look better and clearer.

[spoiler=Look here for the words...]

You've done everything very badly well, despite newbies don't read these things.

See what I mean? Hope me helped and I hope you can add it.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the idea. But noobs are noobs, they wont read this, its too long, no matter how good it is, they want somebody to give them a quick answer.

Make it more colourful/ colour coded, bold some parts, underline headers, make it more interesting, humans are a lazy species, they need some visual attention.

I got to the fist line and gave up. :?

It's good to see that your offering help though.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I love the idea. But noobs are noobs' date=' they wont read this, its too long, no matter how good it is, they want somebody to give them a quick answer.

Make it more colourful/ colour coded, bold some parts, underline headers, make it more interesting, humans are a lazy species, they need some visual attention.

I got to the fist line and gave up. :?

It's good to see that your offering help though.

[/quote']

Hey, I read the whole thing! :)

• 2 months later...

Archived