Rose Duelists & Dice Masters

Icy

Guest JoshIcy

[spoiler= Must Read First!!!]I have decided to post 2 general clubs in 1 thread as to keep the 2 developing Ideas in bunched but the same so we may learn from each other.

I Icyblue will be handling all the Rose Duelists while Browarod will be handling the Dice Masters. Each seperate games but at the same time 1 conjoined idea. I will be presiding over Everything but will not temper with the Dice Masters unless warranted. (Though I will still hand over ideas and play my role as another forumite).

This thread is also to Help new and old members gain some creative insight into a game that can be balanced even if you change the overall game, the core TCG can remain intact. As I have proven with my Rose Duels. And to this end, to ensure balance I will require that each card have a version tailored to its Specific Game Type and the formal TCG version as to prevent a overpoweredness due to the Gameplay Style. As such, when you have a specific card in your deck, should the Gameplay Style switch you may replace the appropriate card with its other variant.

[spoiler=roseduelicon-1.pngRose Duelist Changesroseduelicon-1.png]

Gamplay Changes

-Cards will be played on a 7x7 gameplay board, which can be marked with scrap cards and your cards are to be placed on that, (or anything you have handy as long as your know your spaces).

-Each player may have up to 10 cards on the field, excluding active Field Spells (Field Spell Rulings come later). This may be Monster or S/T, it does not matter. If you have more than 10 cards on the field, the card most recently played is destroyed and sent to the "Negative Pile", (Cards sent to the 'Negative Pile' cannot be retrieved by any means this is to prevent abuse).

-Your Deck shall act as the hub of how you play your cards and can only be played in a 3x3 square around it.

-The standard card may only move in 1 direction horizontal or vertical each turn, (unless stated otherwise).

-Your Deck will be placed in the 4th Zone on the bottom of your end of the playing field, and cannot be moved. (This is to prevent abuse of summoning a monster close for a direct attack).

-When 2 cards are close to each other it is considered a Battle, (more on this later as it varies per type of card).

-No card may move off the 7x7 grid.

Monster Rulings

-Monsters may only be played in a 3x3 area around your Deck.

-When using monsters for Tribute the monster summoned must be place around the deck in a 3x3 area. Any monsters used for Tribute may be tributed from anywhere on the field.

-If a Monster gains anything Beneficial from a Field Spell, they may move up to twice, each step being within a new 3x3 area.

-When Special summoning, a monster that is Special Summoned takes place of the card that summoned it. If the card summoned it remains on the field, that card acts as the 'Spawn Point' for the Monster and may only be summoned in a 3x3 area around it, and should the monsters exceed 8 destroy all Monsters summoned except for the monster located at the 'Spawn Point'.

-A monster may only attack directly if they are near the opponents Deck 2 spaces away and have a clear horizontal/vertical sight of it.

-When a monster battles a Spell or Trap Card, if the card cannot be activated it is destroyed.

-When a monster activates an effect it is considered to affect the entire Field, pending Special Summon effects as stated above. If the effect requires a specific card as a target, your opponent must inform you which of their cards are valid targets if they are face-down. (This is to insure that you always target the correct card).

Spell and Trap Card Rulings

-If a Spell or Trap Card should battle each other, if that cannot activate the card that attack would destroy the opposing Spell/Trap.

-If there would be a Spell or Trap Card that inflicts direct damage it must have a clear horizontal or vertical view of your opponents deck or cannot be activated.

-A Field Spell when activated it benefits everything in a 3x3 square around it. Anything outside of that 3x3 square will not gain the benefit. In addition the center of the Field Spell shall not be considered the field spell itself and as such can have a card placed upon its center. Due to this you may have more than 1 field Spell activated at a time. Also, if a monster would require this Field Spell to be summoned, it will act as a Spawn Point and can be summoned anywhere inside that 3x3 grid.

-When a Spell or Trap Card is moved you may flip it face-up as you move it to gain any bonus within the grid.

-Counter Traps and Quick-Play Spells can affect the whole field, pending the Direct Damage rule.

-All Continuous Spells shall affect the entire field. This also includes Normal Spells that would stay on the field after activation.

-Equip Spells can only be activated when moved onto a monster. If the monster is incorrect, the Equip Spell is destroyed..

Special Terrains- Field Spell Rulings(Updated as Seen Fit)

-Forest Terrain: Increase the ATK and DEF of all Insect, Beast, Plant, and Winged Beast Monsters by 400. In addition they may move up to 2 squares in any direction but may not move over another card. This movement may exceed outside the Panels, but once outside cannot perform the same movement.

more coming soon....

The Positions in my end of the club should be pretty much explain itself, as they will be focused on one end, and each person may only adopt themselves to one portion due to the graphic expansity it may cause..

I will also have a team dedicated to converting current TCG cards to their Rose Duel counter parts. So please familiarize yourself with the current rules.

TCG Converter- Will be focused on Converting current TCG cards to the Rose Duel Format.

Current Mission: Select 2 Cards per person and make them fit the Rose Duel format. When you have adjusted a minimum of 4 cards total, your next Mission will be assigned.

Card Developer- Will be focused on creating unique cards fit for the Rose Duel Format. (Will help

with Card Translators.

Current Mission: To Create 2 Spells and 1 monster unique to this format. Placing an emphasis on Senet Style effects first. Afterwards your next task/mission will be assigned.

Card Translator- Will be focused on making Rose Cards fit to the normal TCG Format. (Will help with Card Developers). Will not be available until we have at least 3 Card Developers.

Current Mission: None.

Rules Benefactor(Rose Duels)- Will be focused on fine tuning the rules and coordinating balance to ensure that no rule is abusable.

Current Mission(Permanent): Double check each rule and offer alternatives or fixes for abuse. You may play with the game as a whole. Just be sure to double check and re-check every rule until all balance is made.

Deck Masters- Will be focused on creating cards that benefit the gameplay board as a whole and will eventually replace your deck as a field placeholder. Though at the moment this position will be unavailable until more cards are created.

Rose Duelists Form

[i]Username:[/i]
[i]Avatar Link:[/i]
[i]Position:[/i]

Members

babysasuke.jpg

Icyblue- Rose Duelist Leader

2uekvtz.jpg

Ruby- Card Developer

Kenpachi Zaraki- Rules Benefactor

Bloodrun- Card Developer

oaw129.jpg

Hunter- Card Developer

... more hope to come

Hey, everybody, this is Darth. Icy had this great idea to create a set similar to his Rose Duel one, but this time making cards that turn a duel into Dungeon Dice Monsters. I really liked this idea, so he put me in charge of working on it while he continues mainly working on his Rose Duel cards.

We decided to make a dual-club so that people could join to help us with both or either of these sets, both with technical advice and actual card-making.

If you enjoyed the DDM aspect of the TV show/manga and have a desire to help make a set based off of that aspect, please join this half of the club.

Requirements for entry into the DDM part of the club:

-You must have either seen or read the portion of the Yu-Gi-Oh! storyline dealing with Dungeon Dice Monsters.

-You must have at least basic knowledge of the rules and general gameplay of DDM

Application Form:

-Username – Position desired

Positions:

-Dice Converter- Will be focused on Converting current TCG cards to the DDM Duel Format.

-Dice Developer- Will be focused on creating unique cards fit for the DDM Duel Format. (Will help Dice Translators).

-Dice Translator- Will be focused on making DDM Cards fit to the normal TCG Format. (Will help with Dice Developers). None will be made until there are several Dice Developers.

-Rules Benefactor (Dice Duels)- Will be focused on fine tuning the rules and coordinating balance to ensure that no rule is abusable.

Submitted cards must contain:

-Correct OCG (I can assist anyone who needs help with this)

-One DDM version of the card, as well as, like Icy’s Rose Duel set, another version of the card that could be correctly used in the regular TCG (when not in a DDM-type duel)

[spoiler=2chncp.gif Dungeon Dice Rules 2chncp.gif]

None yet....Help think of some! ;)

DDM Team

BrowarodAvatar.png

Darth Browarod - Dice Master Leader

2uekvtz.jpg

Ruby - Dice Developer

oaw129.jpg

Hunter - Rules Benefactor

...hopefully more to come.

Guest JoshIcy

Umm.. Placed Missions for each group so they will know what they are doing... I will be working on these general things as a whole as well.

Guest JoshIcy

Username: Killa Ace The Dark Duelist

Position: Card Maker

There are 3 branches of cardmakers in this club. Please pick 1...

Guardian Diety Forrect

43114ww0.jpg

This card cannot be Special Summoned. As long as this card remains face-up, neither player can Advance Summon. During your Standby Phase, you must discard a card from your hand, if you cannot, this card is destroyed. As long as this card remains face-up, the field is treated as "Forest"; all Beast, Beast-Warrior, Insect, and Plant-Type monsters gain 200 ATK. You can remove from play 4 EARTH monsters from your Graveyard to select 1 unoccupied Monster Card Zone on your opponent's side of the field, the selected Card Zone cannot be used.

43114yk4.jpg

Archived