Glasstin10's First Signature

[align=center]Hey. I'm glasstin10. Uh, I started learning graphic stuff yesterday, so don't get mad if I can't understand you when you use graphical terms. So, this is my first signature... I worked an hour on it yesterday, and an hour on it today. I used GIMP for the majority of the work, then I moved on to Photoscape for a bit of sharpening and the border. Well, I hope you like it...

MetalGearSolidSignatureFinal-1.png

Thank you, Gphaku, for teaching me most of the basic elements in GIMP. :)

-Glasstinemo-fish.gif[/align]

I might recommend getting better brushes and alternating between black and white of different layers, to add some texture. This text isn't so good, it should probably be a bit bigger. Also, the render doesn't look... solid enough. =/

Still, not so bad for a first try, I guess.

I'd kill for something like to have been my first.

Metal Gear Solid text looks really good' date=' other text the font doesn't really fit too well with the sig, a bit too curly, but that's easily to remedy.

[/quote']

Oh, the other text only signifies that I made it. :)

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments!

-Glasstinemo-fish.gif

I might recommend getting better brushes and alternating between black and white of different layers' date=' to add some texture. This text isn't so good, it should probably be a bit bigger. Also, the render doesn't look... solid enough. =/

[/quote']

Brushes =/= Failz

I might recommend getting better brushes and alternating between black and white of different layers' date=' to add some texture. This text isn't so good, it should probably be a bit bigger. Also, the render doesn't look... solid enough. =/

[/quote']

Brushes =/= Failz

That was spam. You stated the obvious.

hmm i dont care what the other's say

Glasstin this Sig, for a Solid Snake

is perfect

though, i wonder how it would look, if you threw a splash of army green in there

that big brush you used, should spread the color around (but dont use the same brush, use something different, thats smaller)

Cool. I think the GIMP is awesome. The black lines on the render are a little out of place.

The giant rods are cool. The text definitely could be improved. You couldn't resist putting your name, could you. It doesn't flow anywhere but its your first. I think the render would be better at a higher ocapacity without the black lines. And duplicate it blur it by 5 and set it to overlay. That adds depth to a render most of the time.

Guest KAJN

Well it's good but whatever you guys say the colors won't change because the original render is black and white. I'm trying to give it some war colors but nothing until now.

Back to the sig.

The rope on Snake is kinda cool but it's too dark. You should've made it grey or set it to another mode.

I think you used an abstract wallpaper right? If so good job I do the same whenever I have free time on GIMP. the rest is cool but I suspected you to make the text the same style as the MGS4 if you know what I mean. (Big Graphite Font in the back, line then normal text.)

Anyway this is very good for your first.

Rating: 8.99/10

Overall: Great job.

Archived